The Avengers Official Easter Egg/Reference Thread

All the talk about the mysterious "Phase Two" is a reference to Kevin Feige's classification of the films. "Iron Man" through "Marvel's The Avengers" was the "Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase One". "Iron Man 3" presumably through "Marvel's The Avengers 2" will be the "Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Two".

A little bit of teaser work there throughout the film.

how I wish they had hired andrew garfield (spider-man) for just one scene of him taking photos of the destruction in new york. there would be no copywrite infringement and it would have made me very happy.

But then it establishes continuity that Garfield is the MCU Spiderman. Plus it might get them in legal hot water for nothing more than a cameo/easter egg.

Frankly, I'd rather all the Marvel characters (especially X-men!) to go back to Marvel so they can do proper movies for them.

Am I the only one who caught that the Shield facility that implodes at the beginning was called Project: Pegasus?

Not too sure if it's been mentioned but right at the end scene when tony and pepper are looking at the new stark tower you can see that tony has planned a floor for each avenger, they use a logo ie a hammer for Thor and a radiation sign for hulk, it's blink and you miss it.

Not too sure if it's been mentioned but right at the end scene when tony and pepper are looking at the new stark tower you can see that tony has planned a floor for each avenger, they use a logo ie a hammer for Thor and a radiation sign for hulk, it's blink and you miss it.
< sweet!!

What's this about the Life Model Decoy?

Wasn't the girl who gets interviewed at the end wearing a name take that said Pym?

Wasn't sure. My first show I wasn't paying attention. Second viewing was a smaller screen.

No, it didn't say "Pym."
Don't know where that started, but it's turning into a fairly popular baseless rumor around here.

Fact: there is no woman in the Marvel universe that we know of named "Pym." There is, however, Janet Van Dyne. Who is a scientist and part-time fashion model. And, oh yeah, an Avenger. But not a waitress.

She later marries Pym. But yes she's always been Janet Van Dyne.

Really?! Oh man, I totally missed that!

I sure wish there was some picture of that floating around that someone could PM me... WINK WINK

lol

The only way to see it is going to the cinema again, it's a good excuse to go and see the movie again!!

Also, I don't really know if this counts as an "easter egg", but the gun Coulson is holding when he dies is the same gun he commissioned SHIELD scientists to create from their research on the Destroyer in the "Fury's Big Week" comic series!

No, it didn't say "Pym."
Don't know where that started, but it's turning into a fairly popular baseless rumor around here.

Fact: there is no woman in the Marvel universe that we know of named "Pym." There is, however, Janet Van Dyne. Who is a scientist and part-time fashion model. And, oh yeah, an Avenger. But not a waitress.
I just couldn't read it clearly. Thought it said Pym but, wasn't sure. Was more asking if anyone got a better look at her name tag. That's all.

So no one else noticed the Ravens when Loki and Thor were arguing on the mountain? Odin keeping an eye on them?

I know that Project Pegasus is a reference to something, but I don't know what. What is it?

Wow...

Yep. Thought how the last letter remaining on Stark Tower was the A was sweet too.

Was the bald SHIELD agent with glasses that was doing monitor duty earlier in the movie, giving Fury reports, Bendis?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"