• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Days of Future Past Official First Class News & Speculation Thread: Class Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
seeing how she produced this film and everything seems fine

end of the day it all comes down to us having a director with balls something the last 2 x directors did'nt have

She's so damn worried about a ponytail, where was she during 'The Last Stand' demanding the Phoenix aura?[/bitter]

She fired Gavin Hood and replaced him with her husband. And also forced Gambit (her favorite character) on the film.

Well considering Gambit was one of the few(if not only) good parts of the movie, I don't see that as a negative. As for replacing Gavin Hood, sounds like a *****y move, but I don't really know how good of a director he is; and he's credited as the only director of Wolvie.

Have to wonder, if this is a true prequel to Singer's movies...what happens to this entourage of X-Men leading to X-Men(2000)?

I'm going to assume one or two mutants die in this. And I may be thinking too far, but what is to happen to the rest of the crew? They couldn't have left Xavier's school...unless they died too in the following 20 to 30 years.

Well they would be grown and basically in their 40s by the time X1 came around. Thus they couldve left and started their own famalies, do whatever they want. We know Beast leaves the team to pursue a role in the government for mutants. Mystique leaves with Magneto. Plenty of possibilties. Hell even if they wanted to they could work Emma back into the "present" and keep her young due to her diamond form.

I always been a X-Men fan since I was a kid but my interest in the X men movies dropped drastically after X3 ( which I didn't hate but was'nt crazy about) and Wolverine ( which I hated with a passion). So when I first heard about this movie I was pretty meh. The first trailer sort of got me intrested. Now that I have seen all the great reviews I am getting excited about this movie. I have two questions.

So is wolverine canon to X men movie franchise? I hope not because it was garbage. It ruined a lot of things but the biggest thing was Deadpool which they took a huge dump on. The only good thing about that movie was Gambit.

Secondly, in the first X men movie Professor X says that Scott, Jean, and Storm are some of his first students. I was wondering why they weren't in the movie? I find it weird that Beast is in first class as one of the first students but not Scott, Jean, and Storm.

Hey, so there hasn't been a workprint leak yet! Awesome!

From what I remember, Tom Rothman is no longer the head honcho; you know, the man mainly responsible for all of Fox's ******ed decision making.

Is this true? I'm interested in this. Who is responsible? When did it happen?

Secondly, in the first X men movie Professor X says that Scott, Jean, and Storm are some of his first students. I was wondering why they weren't in the movie? I find it weird that Beast is in first class as one of the first students but not Scott, Jean, and Storm.

He could be talking about when he officaly starts up Xaviers school for the gifted.

well the bean counters are guessing that this movie will take in 70 million this weekend

Rothman is still the chairman and head of the studio but it doesn't matter. This is what Vaughn had to say about working with him and Fox:

SHH: Did you feel that you guys got a lot more leeway from Fox this time around or did Bryan act as an interim so you didn't have to deal with them so much?
Vaughn: I have to say, Fox were the best partners you could imagine and I speak my mind, and if they had screwed me around, I would be shouting it from the rooftops right now. It was such a creatively-rewarding experience working with them and they were so supportive of everything. We had nine weeks of post basically to finish this movie from when we finally wrapped and I was like, "We're never going to do this," and they just rallied around me, gave me every tool imaginable, and just kept me feeling like we could do it. (Tom) Rothman and Emma Watts were true allies. They gave me brilliant notes and never tried to interfere, just tried to make the film better. I have no idea why Tom has the reputation he has now, because I would let the guy be my ally on any film I made whether he was a head of the studio or not.

SHH: That's great to hear.
Vaughn: And I really mean that. I actually think Mr. Rothman's worked with too many bad directors that he's had to tell them that their work is bad and try and save their movie even though they had too big of an ego to listen to someone who actually knows what they're talking about.

http://www.superherohype.com/features/articles/167401-exclusive-interview-with-x-men-first-class-director-matthew-vaughn

Rothman is still the chairman and head of the studio but it doesn't matter. This is what Vaughn had to say about working with him and Fox:

SHH: Did you feel that you guys got a lot more leeway from Fox this time around or did Bryan act as an interim so you didn't have to deal with them so much?
Vaughn: I have to say, Fox were the best partners you could imagine and I speak my mind, and if they had screwed me around, I would be shouting it from the rooftops right now. It was such a creatively-rewarding experience working with them and they were so supportive of everything. We had nine weeks of post basically to finish this movie from when we finally wrapped and I was like, "We're never going to do this," and they just rallied around me, gave me every tool imaginable, and just kept me feeling like we could do it. (Tom) Rothman and Emma Watts were true allies. They gave me brilliant notes and never tried to interfere, just tried to make the film better. I have no idea why Tom has the reputation he has now, because I would let the guy be my ally on any film I made whether he was a head of the studio or not.

Vaughn: And I really mean that. I actually think Mr. Rothman's worked with too many bad directors that he's had to tell them that their work is bad and try and save their movie even though they had too big of an ego to listen to someone who actually knows what they're talking about.

http://www.superherohype.com/features/articles/167401-exclusive-interview-with-x-men-first-class-director-matthew-vaughn

9 weeks of post?! Thats insane.

All the VFX houses involved along with Vaughn need a round of applause for that.

http://www.superherohype.com/featur...ith-x-men-first-class-director-matthew-vaughn

Good lookin' out. In the beginning though he said that Fox didn't want Fassbender. They wanted to go with somebody younger but Matt brought him in for a screen test and they were ok with it. Don't have a link but it was in an interview from a London Sci-Fi event. Great they got out of his way and let him make his movie his way.

At first I was completely against this movie, it looks pretty good, I hope its success can help start up production on xmen 4, with the return of professor x and Cyclops, Jean can stay dead. Lol

At first I was completely against this movie, it looks pretty good, I hope its success can help start up production on xmen 4, with the return of professor x and Cyclops, Jean can stay dead. Lol

Hear hear but Jean is allowed to come back from the dead, it's what she does best lol All the deaths and cure are an easy fix .. I really want to know what the proposed treatment for X4 and X5 is

Hopefully treatments that ignore 'The Last Stand'. If you have to make a movie just to fix another movie's problems, there's no point making it.

Hear hear but Jean is allowed to come back from the dead, it's what she does best lol All the deaths and cure are an easy fix .. I really want to know what the proposed treatment for X4 and X5 is

+ 1 million. I really hoping they're not screwing with us and really DO have plans for an X4 many cast members from the original trilogy :woot:

Does anyone feel that perhaps Charles was in Erik and Raven's heads all these times that after the submarine incident, and with Erik possessing the helmet Charles decides to let them be ? I know the movie will open soon, but cant help thinking of the reasons Erik and Raven could hate him so much to the point of killing him.

By kill him, are you referring to the time Mystique "poisoned" Cerebro? If so, that happened decades later, we have no idea what has happened between then. And Magneto has never wanted Charles to die - he's expressed that on several occasions. Though they are enemies, they're roots have kept them "old friends."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"