Days of Future Past Official First Class News & Speculation Thread: Class Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always been a X-Men fan since I was a kid but my interest in the X men movies dropped drastically after X3 ( which I didn't hate but was'nt crazy about) and Wolverine ( which I hated with a passion). So when I first heard about this movie I was pretty meh. The first trailer sort of got me intrested. Now that I have seen all the great reviews I am getting excited about this movie. I have two questions.

So is wolverine canon to X men movie franchise? I hope not because it was garbage. It ruined a lot of things but the biggest thing was Deadpool which they took a huge dump on. The only good thing about that movie was Gambit.

Secondly, in the first X men movie Professor X says that Scott, Jean, and Storm are some of his first students. I was wondering why they weren't in the movie? I find it weird that Beast is in first class as one of the first students but not Scott, Jean, and Storm.

Wolverine is not canon. Even the Wolverine sequel is ignoring the first.
Deadpool sucks, so it was okay his character was butchered. :oldrazz:

Just because it's the first class, doesn't mean the full first class is there already

At first I was completely against this movie, it looks pretty good, I hope its success can help start up production on xmen 4, with the return of professor x and Cyclops, Jean can stay dead. Lol

If really FC dont follow right origin aspects from TLS, only god will knows how X4 will looks like.

So is wolverine canon to X men movie franchise? I hope not because it was garbage. It ruined a lot of things but the biggest thing was Deadpool which they took a huge dump on. The only good thing about that movie was Gambit.

Secondly, in the first X men movie Professor X says that Scott, Jean, and Storm are some of his first students. I was wondering why they weren't in the movie? I find it weird that Beast is in first class as one of the first students but not Scott, Jean, and Storm.

You are right that Gambit was the only good thing in XOW.

I think Scott, Jean, Storm will join the X-Men after some years (maybe third-class). They can't have the same age with Beast.

I really just want then to bring back Cyclops, and Prof.X, they have so many story possibilities, I'd be ecstatic to see Mr. Sinister create archangel, I'd love to see nightcrawler return, and maybe even have gambit meet rouge . But like I said before what I want most is Prof.x and Cyclops back.

Nah, Donner destroyed Origins. She's worse than Rothman, and needs to go. :o

No Donner is amazing!

She was there since X1. Its not her fault that X-Men Origins: Wolverine sucked.

I really just want then to bring back Cyclops, and Prof.X, they have so many story possibilities, I'd be ecstatic to see Mr. Sinister create archangel, I'd love to see nightcrawler return, and maybe even have gambit meet rouge . But like I said before what I want most is Prof.x and Cyclops back.

Well its not hard to make a story about reincarnation.

She's far from the greatest producer ever... She's pretty bad.

That seems a bit unfair unless we know exactly what decisions she was personally responsible for. She did say for instance that she did not want Rogue to be cured in X3, so Ratner went against the producers on that issue.

That seems a bit unfair unless we know exactly what decisions she was personally responsible for. She did say for instance that she did not want Rogue to be cured in X3, so Ratner went against the producers on that issue.

Rogue's storyline was the biggest disappointment for me in X3, and that movie is full of them. It was a real cop-out for Ratner to resolve the journey that Rogue had undertake since the first movie to her making a decision to be "normal", instead of coming to acceptance of her mutant nature. We also did not get ANY memorable scenes of her using her mutant power, which she could've done in X3 if she were present at the final battle; just imagine how powerful Rogue would've gotten absorbing fallen and/or unconscious mutants that littered the battlefield. What a giant missed opportunity.

6 hours till the film opens in the UK!

Rogue's storyline was the biggest disappointment for me in X3, and that movie is full of them. It was a real cop-out for Ratner to resolve the journey that Rogue had undertake since the first movie to her making a decision to be "normal", instead of coming to acceptance of her mutant nature. We also did not get ANY memorable scenes of her using her mutant power, which she could've done in X3 if she were present at the final battle; just imagine how powerful Rogue would've gotten absorbing fallen and/or unconscious mutants that littered the battlefield. What a giant missed opportunity.

It's true that Rogue taking the cure betrays the central theme of the films.

But I spoke to a group of critics at the First Class screening and while a number of them didn't care for The Last Stand (most felt that it lacked the influence of Bryan Singer), almost all of them said they could understand why someone with Rogue's mutation would take the cure. Teenage girls today are having cosmetic surgery, going on crazy diets, copying celebrities, getting into fashion and make-up much earlier... I can't see a single one of them putting up with Rogue's mutation. So, from a real-world perspective, her taking the cure makes sense. In terms of sending a message and fitting the theme, it would have been better if she hadn't take the cure.

An interesting mention of a mutation cure is made in First Class and I'm wondering if it is some indication of what will come in X4.

A film should not have to be made just to fix the many flaws of another. That 1. makes 'The Last Stand' pointless for those who actually enjoyed it and 2. wastes the time in a film that could be spent on a much better story. That's not good filmmaking.

It's true that Rogue taking the cure betrays the central theme of the films.

But I spoke to a group of critics at the First Class screening and while a number of them didn't care for The Last Stand (most felt that it lacked the influence of Bryan Singer), almost all of them said they could understand why someone with Rogue's mutation would take the cure. Teenage girls today are having cosmetic surgery, going on crazy diets, copying celebrities, getting into fashion and make-up much earlier... I can't see a single one of them putting up with Rogue's mutation. So, from a real-world perspective, her taking the cure makes sense. In terms of sending a message and fitting the theme, it would have been better if she hadn't take the cure.

An interesting mention of a mutation cure is made in First Class and I'm wondering if it is some indication of what will come in X4.

But for Rogue, who was introduced along with Wolverine in X1 as one of the first mutant to show up, her journey from someone who was afraid & insecure about her mutant abilities, to deciding to take the easy way out by taking the cure seemed like a regression for the character, not progression. This is especially problematic for me because of what the Rogue is like in the comics, who although started out as a villain, eventually became a strong, confident, and even sexy member of the X-Men. The movie counterpart seemed to be a complete opposition of who she is from the comic books. Btw, I think Anna Paquin's Sookie Stackhouse from True Blood cable series is the perfect Rogue for me in terms of personality.

...almost all of them said they could understand why someone with Rogue's mutation would take the cure.

I have to agree with this, if there is anything X3 got right, was Rogue taking the cure, Rogue couldn't touch anyone without hurting them, that was it, it would have been unrealistic if she didn't take the cure after all she went through.

The animated series had it easier when it dealt with the cure storyline, because it allowed the message of self-acceptance to go through and Rogue's decision to keep her powers because if she didn't have them she wouldn't have been able to help her friends.

If X4 gets off the ground I don't see them addressing anything from the Last Stand.It will eather outright Ignore The Last Stand(Like Bryan Singer did with Superman III and IV
when he did Superman Returns) or do Loose sequel when nothing Is done to call attention to the Events of The Last Stand.You may have Xavier In his twin brother's body(which according to commantary Is what Xavier woke up In In the aftercredits scene) back at mansion.And no mention would be made of the Cure.Nothing would be done to connect to Rogue taking the cure.

If Bryan Singer directs X4 I firmly would expect him to do In a few years after X2 setting ignoring the Last Stand allowing them to have Xavier and Cyclops back with no explantaion.

Regardless Jean grey will not be In X4.This would not be the Singer version of Phoenix.More likely It would be film version of the Days of Future Past If It gets off the ground.And I doudt too many would cry about Ignoring The Last Stand.

If X4 gets off the ground I don't see them addressing anything from the Last Stand.It will eather outright Ignore The Last Stand(Like Bryan Singer did with Superman III and IV
when he did Superman Returns) or do Loose sequel when nothing Is done to call attention to the Events of The Last Stand.You may have Xavier In his twin brother's body(which according to commantary Is what Xavier woke up In In the aftercredits scene) back at mansion.And no mention would be made of the Cure.Nothing would be done to connect to Rogue taking the cure.

If Bryan Singer directs X4 I firmly would expect him to do In a few years after X2 setting ignoring the Last Stand allowing them to have Xavier and Cyclops back with no explantaion.

Regardless Jean grey will not be In X4.This would not be the Singer version of Phoenix.More likely It would be film version of the Days of Future Past If It gets off the ground.And I doudt too many would cry about Ignoring The Last Stand.

I won't mind if Singer decides to direct X4 and ignore X3 like he did with SR & ignored Superman 3 & 4.

Rogue's mutation was extremelly crippling. Hell, she couldn't even say she had superstrenght anf flight going on to even the score. It made sense for that Rogue to take the cure.

It didn't send the right message. She had chances to take a cure in the cartoons too, but she in the end didn't do it. It's who she is. Especially considering how mutants are a great analogy to homosexuality and being a minority , so basically you're saying if there's a cure for that you should take it by having Rogue take the cure. It was just insulting. Plus like someone said it's regression. She started to accept who she was in part 2 just for part 3 to throw that out. Her having thoughts about it make sense, it's good drama. Her taking it? It was Wrong.

I like this idea. Ignoring X3 would get me 100% back on board with the xmen franchise.

I won't mind if Singer decides to direct X4 and ignore X3 like he did with SR & ignored Superman 3 & 4.

But then, If they ignore X3, they cannot name it as X4. :oldrazz:

Just name it as X-Men Adventures or something like that.

I don't know why everyone is always so amped to forget X3...you can pick up right where it left off and make a great follow-up trilogy.

If certain elements, like the deaths of Xavier, Jean and Cyke, leave a bad taste in people mouths, those can easily be undone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"