Guardians of the Galaxy OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Controller is really a big step down from the Collector. Iron Man can defeat him on his own. Barely took him any effort during the Armor Wars storyline. The Collector, on the other hand, is an immortal. They ought to get a big name for him... but who?

The Collector definitely gives this film another spot for much needed a-list talent.

I love how cosmic this film is :-) The Collector, possibly Korvac...holy ****.

Collector looks to be a chance at another possible big name and seasoned acting vet. Don't know who would be good since I'm not familiar w/ the Collector but I'm curious to see what ya'll think :)

The Collector definitely gives this film another spot for much needed a-list talent.
:whatever:

Collector looks to be a chance at another possible big name and seasoned acting vet. Don't know who would be good since I'm not familiar w/ the Collector but I'm curious to see what ya'll think :)
Not that I don't think Marvel/Gunn will go for a big name/seasoned actor, but it will only be if they think the actor is the best choice for the role

Wait a second, wasn't one of the guys in the IM3 forums who saw the movie saying something about [blackout]Mandarin being a COLLECTOR? He kept emphasizing that word.[/blackout]

If he were okay with still doing these kinds of movies, Ron Perlman might not be bad as the Collector. But he's not quite A-list talent. I wonder how A-list they'll go though?

Should the actor playing him be quite heftily built like the Collector? Well, a Hopkins type build would be okay, but not someone too thin like Ian McKellan (although he wouldn't have been bad either if he weren't attached to anything else).

What about Malcolm McDowell?

I'm hoping they stay in that age range and don't go younger like they did with Justin Hammer. He's meant to be an elder of the universe so you can't go young with him.

Seems like the Collector is definitely in this, so should we have a separate Collector thread in the forum?

I made a separate thread for the Collector.

Looks like Latino-Review confused the Controller with the Collector, haha
I don't think so. The Collector wouldn't be a henchman of Thanos. They probably meant The Controller.

The Controller is really a big step down from the Collector. Iron Man can defeat him on his own. Barely took him any effort during the Armor Wars storyline. The Collector, on the other hand, is an immortal. They ought to get a big name for him... but who?
Not a Thanos-backed Controller. Iron Man did defeat him on his own, but when Thanos enlisted his help and upgraded his abilities the Controller was able to defeat all the Avengers.

Last edited:
Wan't there a rumor about the Controller and thanos a while back

Wan't there a rumor about the Controller and thanos a while back

Maybe Latino Review got the Controller and the Collector mixed up. The Controller is far too low level to be a big enough threat, especially if they just need to send in Iron Man to do the job and no-one else. Plus he's too much like the Purple Man.

Oh wow! Is the Collector in this movie??

That's really classic Avengers if he is in there. Is she playing Carina maybe, who is the Collector's daughter? Carina is the one who married Korvac. That's the only "aide" to the Collector I can think of. Korvac, of course, killed the Collector with a single blast from a remote source. Completely snuffed out before the Avengers and Guardians' eyes.

Would be cool if they do set up Korvac and Carina. Would be cool even if the Collector started collecting the Avengers. We could start seeing various characters in the MCU disappearing inexplicably during the lead up movies.
I'd be surprised if she isn't playing Carina.

Maybe Latino Review got the Controller and the Collector mixed up. The Controller is far too low level to be a big enough threat, especially if they just need to send in Iron Man to do the job and no-one else. Plus he's too much like the Purple Man.
The Controller defeated all of the Avengers under Thanos. And he's really nothing like Thanos. All they need to do is change his costume a little.

Upon further thought it makes more sense to me that the threat The Collector foretales and begins preparing for is Thanos, not Korvac. It was the same in the comics and was what The Collector originally foretold and started collecting races for. Korvac may be used in later films, but Thanos will probably be the threat in this film.

Upon further thought it makes more sense to me that the threat The Collector foretales and begins preparing for is Thanos, not Korvac. It was the same in the comics and was what The Collector originally foretold and started collecting races for. Korvac may be used in later films, but Thanos will probably be the threat in this film.

Thanos would make sense, of course; but *if* Lovibond is playing Carina, as most of us are (leaping to conclusions and) assuming, then there's a direct and obvious connection that points nowhere but Korvac.

But "assistant" to The Collector =/= "daughter of," obviously. A lot of us, self included, may be jumping to conclusions on that one.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean Korvac has to be in this movie. I bet we will get Korvac eventually...just not this film. It's the same with Ellen Brandt. Her character is in IM3, but Man-Thing is no where to be seen right now. He might be introduced down the road though and Brandt can be used there, and as an already established character.

:huh: Not sure what that even means. What does that have to do with them using the Controller as a movie villain if they choose to do so?

So when GotG inevitably gets a notable, well respected talent, are you going to prattle on like a fool about it being "coincidental" and say "Marvel doesn't really care about that" despite the fact that GoTG will mark the 10th consecutive film such casting decisions were made in?

It already has Zoe Saldana. She's not notable or respectable?

She is, but she won't be the only bigger name in the cast when it's all said and done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"