Official Halo Thread

There is no "official" thread for this one, so, here it is.
And what better way to start if not with this:

The first in-game footage of Halo Reach will be shown at this year’s Video Game Awards. Geoff Keighley, one of the few people who got a chance to see the trailer before the debut, was very excited by what he saw. He made the following statement on the latest Major Nelson podcast:

At the VGAs, we actually go down on to the Planet Reach and see this game for the first time. It’s all going to be in-game stuff. This is not CG. This is not live-action like all the kids on twitter are speculating. You will get a first glimpse at the world of Reach, which is phenomenal. I think it’s going to be the biggest game of next year by far. Folks love ODST and though it was great but when people see the huge leap forward Bungie is taking with Reach, I don’t know if you seen it yet, but everyone that I talked to that’s been on the team and seen it is incredibly excited about that time.

Not only does Keighley claims it is going to be the biggest game next year, he says it is going to be the best BY FAR.
And the world of Reach is PHENOMENAL.
Better than Final Fantasy XIII, Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell: Convicton, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake, Crackdown 2....
And we are talking about Geoff Keighley, the man that does GT TV and The Bonus Round....he knows games, and he has seen them all.
How´s that for hype?

My Spartan's Night-Recon Armor:

playermodel.ashx

Oh, and I finally hit Lt. Colonel! Once I hit Colonel I can finally get the Gold Visor and that Soft Case Utility I wanted. Yay!

Last edited:
A couple days ago I finally beat Reach on my own on Legendary mode, what a joyous feeling it was watching the final cut scene knowing I had finally finished that pain in the ass of a campaign.

Haven't started on Legendary solo yet....

My advise Lee is to take your time and take breaks if you die more then 4 times in a row otherwise you'll only get more frustrated and play worse thus making it even tougher for you. I had a little trouble here and there but taking my time helped me get through what could of been a bigger nightmare experience.

Post # 4,000!!

It still counts if you do the levels out of order doesn't it? I may just go and start on the final chapter first if that's the case

It still counts if you do the levels out of order doesn't it? I may just go and start on the final chapter first if that's the case
Honestly I wouldn't know, I played it from start to finish just to be safe.

It counts in whatever order you do it in. I finally played Reach after months away. Good to know I'm still decent. Still hate armor lock

It's a real bugger to deal with... it took me ages to get the achievement....i'd either fire too early (No laughing) or too late

Is there gonna be any updates for this game?
I got on today to find a new update with some new additions to the firefight playlists. As far as any major updates go I'm not aware of any news

What kind of update are you thinking of?

-Adding vehicles too team slayer,like how Halo 3 did.Not big team battles either,just 4 vs 4.

-More armor helmets,chest pieces,etc.
-Able to see other peoples logos on there armor.
-Making Elites have there own games,like how swat does.
-More armor effects than just lightning and green smoke.
-More maps,like maps from Halo 3.

Man, I was love an update like that. I reckon i've wished for every single one of those things at one stage or another. Also, more Elites to play as and more customisation options with them would be cool.

If they took all of my favorite maps from Halo 3 (The Pit, Valhalla, Avalanche, Construct, Guardian, High Ground, and Narrows) and put them all in Reach like a Classic map pack or something, I'd give them 15 bucks for it and play Reach more often.

That's my main problem with Reach... I just... kinda hate all the maps. I don't like them, not one. I have a lot (see above) of favorite maps from 3. I suppose I could just go play 3... but... still.

Oh man i've been craving some construct for ages... Also I miss foundry, that would be great for arena doubles. And yeah, obviously the Pit. Also some of the big levels I didn't enjoy as much in Halo 3 like Sandtrap would be great with armour abilities.

-Adding vehicles too team slayer,like how Halo 3 did.Not big team battles either,just 4 vs 4.

-More armor helmets,chest pieces,etc.
-Able to see other peoples logos on there armor.
-Making Elites have there own games,like how swat does.
-More armor effects than just lightning and green smoke.
-More maps,like maps from Halo 3.
As much as I love playing Reach adding those things would make my Halo experience even better. I'm still having fun with Halo but a big update like this with some more maps would be nice.

I would love them to just re-release Halo 2, at least give us the multiplayer bit back. I hate armor abilities, it just ****s up the flow of gameplay when you're shooting a guy like crazy and he pops an armor lock like a *****. If they just released Halo2 multiplayer through XBLA I can almost guarantee that people will buy it and play it like crazy. They need to get back to what made Halo great and stop trying to add things to "enhance" the gameplay.

I didn't mind armor abilities but I played again the other day and holy crap they nerfed about all of them. I guess to many people complained about the Needler/Over shield combo in Elite Slayer games... Now you get the friggin' Plasma Pistol instead...

Awesome...

It would be ok if Reach wasn't a "run for the super weapons" kind of game anyway... but... it is.

i've found that all online FPS games i've played end up as a 'run for the uber-doom weapons' very quickly...

they can, but in Reach there were so many power weapons that it's just crazy IMHO.

amazing, i stop playing halo when reach comes out, jump back on the sticks and my first game i go 32 and 4 in arena. wow.

does anyone know what the best rating is? or how the system works? mine says 1640 something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"