Xbox The Xbox One - - Part 14

Yeah, Mattrick was a console killer. The next console can be a clean slate with the last remnants of his toxic gas finally gone lol.

Hellblade 2 looks amazing. Finally a new top single player exclusive. The Xbox Series X also looks like its building on the successes of the X1X with technical excellence paramount and full BC an ongoing thing from now on.

speaking of BC, I hope they can somehow make full BC with all 360 and OG Xbox games possible.

would love to be able to pop in any old 360/OG game and be able to play it on the current console.

at least I hope they restart the BC process once next-gen starts, so we will keep getting new games added to the BC list.

I hope we can digitally buy BC games on the new console without needing a credit card. I should be able to purchase those games with MS credit like with any new new game.

Tired of seeing "Click for Prices" then next page asking for a card on record

speaking of BC, I hope they can somehow make full BC with all 360 and OG Xbox games possible.

would love to be able to pop in any old 360/OG game and be able to play it on the current console.

at least I hope they restart the BC process once next-gen starts, so we will keep getting new games added to the BC list.
Full BC from now on would be a great selling point.

Well, if they had the hardware to do it, they would, but they're not going to do that, so they have to emulate the games. And in order to do that, they have to get approval from the developers to emulate. It's why they only have a select number. They have the power to emulate them all, but legally, they can't.

Honestly, they have enough to where it's not that big of a deal. The majority of good games are BC. If you are dying to play some obscure game that's not on the BC list, you'll have to plug in original hardware to play it.

Well, if they had the hardware to do it, they would, but they're not going to do that, so they have to emulate the games. And in order to do that, they have to get approval from the developers to emulate. It's why they only have a select number. They have the power to emulate them all, but legally, they can't.

Honestly, they have enough to where it's not that big of a deal. The majority of good games are BC. If you are dying to play some obscure game that's not on the BC list, you'll have to plug in original hardware to play it.
Actually yes I forgot that part. I’m really glad they went to all that effort of adding BC the hard way, a game at a time. It’s something important to my long term gaming and is enhanced by having everything available digitally.

I was talking to my longest online friend about playing since the 360 days and how one feature we really miss is being able to watch netflix together with multiple people.

I'm assuming they removed it because of the unbalance since everyone has different internet connections or Netflix decided to stop it but it sure would be awesome to have it back for the new xbox after skipping xbo. If not netflix then another app like youtube

Just stay in a party, both people boot up Netflix, and start the movie at the exact same time.

Problem solved.

Yeah true but not the same. Something about that feature and the U.I. with avatars was nice and everyone seeing the exact same stream in one connection

I never used it. All my college friends were close to me and none of my HS friends had Xboxes. But I wish they still has it. I'd use it motnow that were all spread out

Surprised Netflix hasn't made a web based version of it

Excellent article. I really enjoyed that. Thanks for posting. Spencer is definitely the man to take things forward and is great for gaming as a whole, not just for Xbox.
hopefully Spencer and team can really deliver with the Series X. and deliver right at the start of next gen. can't afford to make early, costly stumbles and mistakes like they did with the X1.

and hopefully, Spencer's inevitable successor can continue the work he's done, instead of ******* it all away.

hopefully Spencer and team can really deliver with the Series X. and deliver right at the start of next gen. can't afford to make early, costly stumbles and mistakes like they did with the X1.

and hopefully, Spencer's inevitable successor can continue the work he's done, instead of ******* it all away.
He’s 51, doing very well and in his dream job, so he could be here a very long time. Unnecessary stumbles are a sign that the wrong person is in the job. I don’t expect Phil to make basic mistakes that other gamers could have told him wouldn’t have worked ahead of time. Sure, not everything will work, but it won’t be down to outright idiocy as it was with the X1 launch and Don Mattrick.

I thought Spencer was in his early or mid 40's. Still young though and sure hope he stays for a long time! I like him as the man in charge and as a person from what I've read/seen

He’s 51, doing very well and in his dream job, so he could be here a very long time. Unnecessary stumbles are a sign that the wrong person is in the job. I don’t expect Phil to make basic mistakes that other gamers could have told him wouldn’t have worked ahead of time. Sure, not everything will work, but it won’t be down to outright idiocy as it was with the X1 launch and Don Mattrick.
yeah, hope Spencer has a long tenure as head of Xbox.

though I suppose how well Series X does will be a factor that decides that. Which is another reason why I hope it's successful and more of a success than the X1.

When are the Final Fantasy games and Tekken 7 suppose to be added to added to Gamepass?

Alright well cool start with Tekken

I just got the Seagate: Game Drive Hub (8TB) yesterday and had a couple of questions. How far away for a surround sound speaker should the hard drive be? I've heard magnets can damages hard drives and this is the first hard drive I've ever bought. Can I set the hard drive on top of my Xbox. Since the hard drive is about the same size as the space over top of where you insert the disc I thought that might be a good place to set it but wanted to get opinions first. And one of you said I would fill the internal hard drive fast than I thought I would and you were right. I got 5 games for Christmas and I had to uninstall 6-7 games to install the new games.

My surround sound speaker is right in front of my Seagate 2TB hard drive, which is on the left side next to the console. I didn't know or think about possible issues with magnets.

I just got the Seagate: Game Drive Hub (8TB) yesterday and had a couple of questions. How far away for a surround sound speaker should the hard drive be? I've heard magnets can damages hard drives and this is the first hard drive I've ever bought. Can I set the hard drive on top of my Xbox. Since the hard drive is about the same size as the space over top of where you insert the disc I thought that might be a good place to set it but wanted to get opinions first. And one of you said I would fill the internal hard drive fast than I thought I would and you were right. I got 5 games for Christmas and I had to uninstall 6-7 games to install the new games.
Hmmm, good point. I've got my 8TB right on top of my tower speaker lol. Some speakers are shielded I believe, but I've had a case about 20 years ago of a TV obviously being affected by a speaker right next to it.

I searched can magnets hurt hard drives and to the best of my understanding you really only have to worry about really strong magnets if I understood correctly. And it seems this I think they actually called it a myth comes from magnets being able to ruin a floppy disk. I'm not even sure where or when I read that magnets could hurt hard drives. I just know I want to take the best care I can of my hard drive because I was only able to buy it because of Christmas money.

I searched can magnets hurt hard drives and to the best of my understanding you really only have to worry about really strong magnets if I understood correctly. And it seems this I think they actually called it a myth comes from magnets being able to ruin a floppy disk. I'm not even sure where or when I read that magnets could hurt hard drives. I just know I want to take the best care I can of my hard drive because I was only able to buy it because of Christmas money.
In the old days magnets were as issue with affecting TVs and I've seen it have an obvious effect on a TV before after a few months. But modern tech is more likely to be magnetically shielded I believe. Good to be aware of issues like these though. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"