The Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
When clubs & groups started up, I wasn't interested enough to check it out in detail and use it. I just play casually, don't add people as friends anymore nor even game chat. However, I finally checked it out to play Friday the 13th as the match making sucks and it has come in so handy. It's awesome and should have used it long ago!

I should really get on that too.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

• NEWSMicrosoft talks about how Xbox's Project Scorpio differs from the retail version; Explains dolphins Today at 2:35 pm

Larry Hryb sat down with Kevin Gammill from the Xbox engineering team to talk about the Project Scorpio Xbox...Read more

Those damn dolphins.

[*][FONT=&quot]Larry Hryb sat down with Kevin Gammill from the Xbox engineering team to talk about the Project Scorpio Xbox Development Kit and how it differs from the retail version of the console.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We know that the dev kit looks different than the retail version of the Scorpio, but it turns out that the insides are different too.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The video covers what is different between the dev kit version of Project Scorpio and the actual version. According to [FONT=&quot] Gammill, the difference comes in power, there's [/FONT]4 more CUs than the retail version, as well as 12 more gigs of RAM, an additional 1TB disc drive.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gammill and Hryb also discussed how the dev kit physically looks different with the different buttons, display, and the additional network port that the dev kit has. On top of all that, Gammill explained why there is a display and how devs have used the display to make mini versions of their games, show FPS, or even made new games for the display.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Oh, and he also explains the dolphins.[/FONT]
    [*]IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tags:
    PROJECT SCORPIOXBOX ONE
    [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
source: http://www.gamezone.com/[/FONT]

I want to buy the dev kit version!

Scorpio is sounding amazing and all but I bet it'll at least be $500 at launch and it's too 4K focused for me as a non 4K user. If I ever upgrade, it'll probably be to the S and wait to see Xbox 4. Unless the new next gen PS and Xbox are still over 6 years away and Scorpio drops under $300 in the next few years.

the Scorpio reveal is supposed to be this Sunday, right?

Also with

What do you think - real or fake?

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With E3 coming up, Microsoft has been talking about Project Scorpio a bit more than usual. The beefed up Xbox One console recently saw a video on what makes the dev kit version of the console different from the retail version and the rumored logo for the console in a trademark filing.
Now, it looks like a teaser for Project Scorpio's E3 reveal might have made its way to the internet early. It's unclear whether the video is real or fake, but either way, it's bringing E3 hype!
What do you think - real or fake?

[YT]HuUZCglIF2s[/YT]
[/FONT]

IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tags:
XBOX ONE
[/FONT]

source: GI& http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

Last edited:
The problem with BC on XB1 is the way you have to go through the 360 screens first.... it's not a simple process to just boot up the XB1 & play 360 games...

I would have bought more BC games if I could get them directly from the Xbox store and using MS credit.

I'll be downloading them though when I get game pass.

I would have bought more BC games if I could get them directly from the Xbox store and using MS credit.

I'll be downloading them though when I get game pass.

yeah, I remember it was a huge pain when you couldn't buy any 360 related stuff using the MS $. They kept asking for CC info and I just didn't want to put that into the system.

It seems that's still the case?

also, in regards to BC, it would have been nice if ALL 360 games were BC, not just what's on the list.

I was interested in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games again a few days ago and still couldn't buy them from the store

^ ah, thanks. well that's a shame to hear.

I figured with the "unified" store approach they were going for, that issues would have been resolved by now.

For got aboutthis sorry .

Rather they get it right the first time any way.

[FONT=&quot]It appears as though Microsoft will be holding off of revealing a virtual reality headset for their consoles at E3 2017 this year. While Microsoft is indeed working on VR, they are focusing on getting it right on PC first before they get it on the console. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In addition to that, Microsoft believes that console VR should be a 'wireless' experience, not a wired one. So, the developers will focus on getting the technology right before they put it on the Xbox One or Project Scorpio.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Our primary focus is making our mixed reality experiences a success on Windows 10 PCs,” said Alex Kipman, technical fellow at Microsoft, to Polygon. “We believe that right now a Windows PC is the best platform for mixed reality as its open ecosystem and enormous installed base offer the best opportunity for developers, and Windows offers the most choices for consumers.

“Windows has been the birthplace of a variety of technologies, and we believe this will hold for mixed reality too. Given the efforts we have underway on Windows for mixed reality, and our belief that console VR should be wireless, right now we are focused on developing mixed reality experiences for the PC, not on the console.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This means that we shouldn't expect Xbox VR to be at E3 or in stores alongside Project Scorpio. At least we know we will be seeing Project Scorpio there.[/FONT]
IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot]Tags:
PROJECT SCORPIO
[/FONT]

source: http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

Cool with me. I'm not quite ready for VR and would rather then focus everything on classic gaming for now.

I might just skip the Scorpio and go ahead
and get the 1GB S. It just seems like it revolves
around 4K, which I'm not ready to really invest in.

I'll just give it another year, or two. By then they may
be preparing to release a new system overall.

I was kinda hoping in seeing more Hololens but eh, it's good that they aren't rushing their VR development and focusing on other stuff.

The focus on Scorpio will be huge and it's understandable why but as someone still with the VCR size X1 and not sure about Scorpio nor interested in 4K right now..It might suck!

So games and possible new xbox apps/features is what I'm interested in at E3

I heard about that price rumour based om the teaser code. Could be nothing or could be awesome!

Them cowboys shots! I don't got 4k though and so can't get excited. However it should be close enough on 1080p..right?

The Scorpio is officially called Xbox One X. It's a solid black, and smaller than the S. Looks really good.

Last edited:
Terrible name. This should have just been the Xbox Two. It's stupid to have the Xbox One, Xbox One S, and the Xbox One X on the market at the same damn time.

Original Xbox games are going to be backwards compatible. Very cool!

Also, a new Ori. Very excited for that.

The showing was good but honestly dont see the difference between this and what Sony did with the PS4 Pro.. The X had alot more positive buzz going into this but it feels unnecessary. They should have made it a proper successor which they should have launched next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"