Official Indie Music Thread

This band isn't "new" but definitely indie and definitely one of the most underrated bands of all time.

Thought Industry.

Buy Black Umbrella. It's on iTunes too. If you like "indie" music then you should have this. If you don't than you're not really a fan...just merely a "poser". :oldrazz: I kid.

But seriously...buy this album it's fantastic!

I've heard Timber Timbre they have played them alot on BBC 6Music radio station
Awesome, didn't know they were getting radio play! If you ever get the chance, go to one of their shows. The atmosphere coupled with the music is beautiful.

Last edited:
Saw Wye Oak and Local Natives opening for The National last night in San Francisco. It was really an amazing show.

Last edited:
No idea who Wye Oak is but Local Natives are amazing live :)

They released their debut album at the beginning of the year, I highly recommend it.

[YT]E2guLl6Hmwo[/YT]

They sound really good! Thanks for the recommendation. Off topic, but do you live in SF? I'm living in Sacramento right now, and sure could have used some tips on the music scene around these parts (originally from LA).

I actually live in Sacramento too :awesome:. I recently moved here, but I've learned that when there's a good show around is usually around the San Francisco area and it's not that far away from here.

Last edited:
if you want good bands from san fransisco area then you need to check out Thee Oh Sees and Ty Segall:

I actually live in Sacramento too :awesome:. I recently moved here, but I've learned that when there's a good show around is usually around the San Francisco area and it's not that far away from here.

That makes me sad. I am moving away this Thursday...back to Southern California. We totally could have been show buddies. :hrt::hrt::hrt:

:csad:

Oh really? That does suck. I've been here for a little over a year now, at first I didn't like it but now I've grown really fond of it. The music scene in SF is great!

Well it's a good thing you like it...I just hated not having a social life and living in South Sac (going to CSUS).

Anyways, back on topic. Do you guys listen to The Growlers? They're such a great band...and I'm pretty sure they're on the rise

[YT]Kdx9KhNU0Kc&sns=fb[/YT]

Well it's a good thing you like it...I just hated not having a social life and living in South Sac (going to CSUS).

Anyways, back on topic. Do you guys listen to The Growlers? They're such a great band...and I'm pretty sure they're on the rise

[YT]Kdx9KhNU0Kc&sns=fb[/YT]

Ha! I'm also going to CSUS, can't wait for Thursday and be done with finals.

Never had listened to The Growlers, they sound good so far. :up: NPR featured these guys on 5 Artists You Should Know in 2011 and they're quite amazing.

[YT]GZ-kXZsUa_w&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

^Nice one.

Went to Young the Giant on Saturday...they really went all out for their hometown show and I enjoyed every minute of it. They performed a remix of Islands, the reprise version of Strings, and this cover of the Gorillaz song "Empire Ants". Anyone else a fan?

[YT]yp2NRuq0_cQ&feature[/YT]

Also their opening band, Tapioca and the Flea was pretty cool too, even if they're not particularly "indie." (Their live sound is better than their recorded stuff)

[YT]t51q-ccgMjY#![/YT]

Last edited:
I heard some tracks from Bat For Lashes The Haunted Man. I like it sounds like Kate Bush with hip hop beats and 80s synths.

Block Party's next wave sessions on the whole was meh. Rachet was ok.

All the tracks I've heard from Arctic Monkeys AM have been great so far.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and Miles Kane's albums were both good.

Currentley listening to Foals

Inhaler didn't do much for me at first but the album is fantastic. I met them a few months ago before their show, really nice guys who know what to do what they do.

Listening to the Divine Fits. Their debut had been on my list for some time, I'm digging it so far.

Inhaler didn't do much for me at first but the album is fantastic. I met them a few months ago before their show, really nice guys who know what to do what they do.

I've seen them live. They put on a great show. I like Antidotes as well.

Its cool that they were nice to you when you met them. Foals don't have the most people friendly rep in the media.

AM sounds like a cross between The Black Keys and Black Sabbath
Really? I wasn't aware of that.

Lots of times when they are featured in the press they are called moody jerks or arrogant (and I'm being more polite than what they actually call them).

I think they are a band who aren't press friendly but they are well liked by there fans and their music is well received even if they as individuals are not.

Los Campesinos! new track 'What Death Leaves Behind' is great

[YT]JXfC9N-zm04[/YT]

Los Campesinos! new track 'What Death Leaves Behind' is great

[YT]JXfC9N-zm04[/YT]

Haven't heard them in a while, great song. :up:

The new Arcade Fire song Reflektor has leaked, not sure if I'm allowed to post a link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"