• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official JLA discussion thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of love that Uncle Fester is receiving in the new DCU is disturbing.

That would be even worse than Black Canary and Batman.

No it wouldnt it would be fantastic

Its already obvious those two like each other that way from Simone's Birds of Prey. And Simone has said many times on her Tumblr that all the subtext between them is completely intentional on her part

I would absolutely love it if Black Canary and Barbara Gordon became a couple and I really hope that they do :hrt:

It would be far more interesting to me than any of the romances either character has had in the past. And it would definitely be better than Batman/Black Canary

Superferret said:
Mother-daughter incest or *********ion?

Neither

Black Canary and All Star Black Canary. She hooks up with herself :ninja:

HighFivingMF said:
Oooh. Black Canary and Red Tornado!

Red Tornado is married and has a kid with his wife

Don't destroy their family! :o

When is Justice League 2 going to be released?

Its already obvious those two like each other that way from Simone's Birds of Prey. And Simone has said many times on her Tumblr that all the subtext between them is completely intentional on her part

If that's true, she's writing worse fan fiction than Geoff Johns when he's touching himself with Hal Jordan.

But... this post isn't unexpected, and neither will the answer to any question of how you'd react if any character that's been defined as homosexual suddenly was written as having a heterosexual relationship. :whatever:

If Babs and Black Canary hook up, I will boycott DC in the same way that Mysti says she'll boycott them if they ever make Kate Kane straight. :whatever: it's the most ******ed and asinine "shock value" revelation ever. **** that.

Because Grandpa scared them all away with his rifle all those years ago.

Clark isn't with Lois, Lois is with someone else and Clark is rumored to hook up with Wonder Woman. Barry isn't with Iris, but Patty apparently. Ollie isn't with Dinah. If the first issue of GL is any indication, Hal and Carol aren't exactly on good terms. Batman/Catwoman and Aquaman/Mera are the only "same ol' pairings" I can think of.

In Batman's case, he's not only doing catwoman, he also has a love interest in detective comics, and another potential love interest in The Dark Knight title.

If that's true, she's writing worse fan fiction than Geoff Johns when he's touching himself with Hal Jordan.

But... this post isn't unexpected, and neither will the answer to any question of how you'd react if any character that's been defined as homosexual suddenly was written as having a heterosexual relationship. :whatever:

I would throw up if DC ever made any of their gay characters heterosexual as its a repulsive thought and it would be bigoted to do so :down the thought of any gay charactee being turned straight disgusts me and it would be the only reason I need to stop buying all DC products :barf:

But Babs and Black Canary have never been defined as heterosexual though. I consider them both bisexual

I consider any characters sexuality open to interpretation unless they state that their gay/bi/straight

All DC's gay and Bi characters have stated their sexuality. As far as I'm concerned thats the end of the story and if DC ever made any of them heterosexual I would be repulsed and disgusted and boycott DC forever

But if DC made a character who had never stated their sexuality gay/bi and it made sense and was a good story that wouldn't offend me personally

Last edited:
In Batman's case, he's not only doing catwoman, he also has a love interest in detective comics, and another potential love interest in The Dark Knight title.
All irrelevant, in my opinion. Batman can screw whomever he likes, but he'll never have a "real" love interest. Mask of the Phantasm illustrates why quite nicely.

All irrelevant, in my opinion. Batman can screw whomever he likes, but he'll never have a "real" love interest. Mask of the Phantasm illustrates why quite nicely.

Yep his mission as Batman is always going to get in the way :(

I'm sure that even when he's 90 he wont be able to give it up. He'll probably just train someone to do the actual heroics while he supports them from the cave like in Batman Beyond

I would throw up if DC ever made any of their gay characters heterosexual as its a repulsive thought and it would be bigoted to do so :down

But Babs and Black Canary have never been defined as heterosexual though. I consider them both bisexual

I consider any characters sexuality open to interpretation unless they state that their gay/bi/straight

All DC's gay and Bi characters have stated their sexuality. As far as I'm concerned thats the end of the story and if DC ever made any of them heterosexual I would be repulsed and disgusted and boycott DC forever

But if DC made a character who had never stated their sexuality gay/bi and it made sense and was a good story that wouldn't offend me personally
babs and dinah are both straight. i'd consider dinah's marraige to ollie a pretty solid statement that she's straight. i'd consider babs' love affair with dick (grayson) a pretty solid statement that she's straight. yet there are little to none homosexual implications of their characters.

Last edited:
I don't think them dating men proves they're straight they could still be bisexual

They are definitely not gay but in my opinion they are definitely bi and I would love it if her and Black Canary got together. I think they'd be a great couple

that would just seem like fanfare

when have they shown bi-tendencies?

There was lots and lots of bisexual subtext between them in Simone's stories that she has said was completely intentional :)

That's what made me start shipping them

I don't think them dating men proves they're straight they could still be bisexual

They are definitely not gay but in my opinion they are definitely bi and I would love it if her and Black Canary got together. I think they'd be a great couple
They're definitely bi? Based on what evidence, aside from one writer's perspective (link to where she said that, please, BTW) and their lack of specifically saying that they're not, and therefore ruling out the possibility. On that note, I don't think I've ever seen Superman specifically state that he's not bi, but I'm still gonna say he's straight. Even if a past writer reveals that he wrote Superman as bisexual. Doesn't matter.

And at the end of the day lgbt romances are the only kind I'm interested in reading about

Boy meets girl just bores me silly

Boy meets boy or girl meets girl are the kind of romance stories that I'm actually interested in and want to read about

So I only really ship boy/boy and girl/girl pairings

That's just the kind of story I like to read :)

They're definitely bi? Based on what evidence, aside from one writer's perspective (link to where she said that, please, BTW) and their lack of specifically saying that they're not, and therefore ruling out the possibility. On that note, I don't think I've ever seen Superman specifically state that he's not bi, but I'm still gonna say he's straight. Even if a past writer reveals that he wrote Superman as bisexual. Doesn't matter.

That's crazy talk Spike

Superman and Batman are obviously into each other :ninja:

:oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members