Official New Avengers Discussion Thread!

Is it just me or does spidey seem out of place on this team...like he shouldn't be there??

For a guy whose aunt was gunned down and whose family is in hiding, don't the Spidey one-liners seem a bit much?

Why does he not have a more "serious" demeanor?? He's lost more than anybody. I'm not buying the "he jokes to hide the pain" crap. Why is he crotched on the table while eating a sandwich? Does it require that he be "spidery" all the time?? A little ridiculous. just pull up a frikkin chair. :whatever:

But shouldn't he be with his wife instead of in Japan??

I know a lot of you want him on the team. But it just doesn't feel right. It's like Pete has his priorities screwed up. Know what I mean??? :huh: :huh:

Not liking the art or the Ninja story........so tired of Ninjas!!! :cmad:

Im still perplexed as to why Bendis wants to write both New and Mighty avengers at once, its almost like he thinks hes the only one that can.

I think he probably took up Mighty Avengers to prove to the New Avengers haters that he can write the Avengers.

Why was Silver Samurai mentioning his dead father? I thought he hated his father. No filial piety there. Now, mentioning the late Mariko would have made better dialogue. He also looked shorter and leaner. It was funny how they quickly gave him bruises when it's not commonly drawn in comics.

So I think it's safe to assume these are from #29

newavengers29-4-5-copy.jpg

newavengers29-15.jpg

Is it just me or does spidey seem out of place on this team...like he shouldn't be there??

For a guy whose aunt was gunned down and whose family is in hiding, don't the Spidey one-liners seem a bit much?

Why does he not have a more "serious" demeanor?? He's lost more than anybody. I'm not buying the "he jokes to hide the pain" crap. Why is he crotched on the table while eating a sandwich? Does it require that he be "spidery" all the time?? A little ridiculous. just pull up a frikkin chair. :whatever:

But shouldn't he be with his wife instead of in Japan??

I know a lot of you want him on the team. But it just doesn't feel right. It's like Pete has his priorities screwed up. Know what I mean??? :huh: :huh:

Not liking the art or the Ninja story........so tired of Ninjas!!! :cmad:

Then drop it and shut up. So easy, yet so hard.:huh:

Of all the costumes they could've stuck Wonder Man in... why the red jacket? Why? The red jacket just narrowly beats out his original green costume for his most god-awful costume ever. :(

Personally I like it, I also like his original costume too.
But I think that version reminded Frank Cho, or Benids, of Bruce Cambell.

The Mighty Avengers went down to an all-new low in NA #28. Beyond that... gasp, I actually liked it.

Did anyone else like the part with Cage buying the milk?

According to Mighty Avengers, Tony Stark isn't responsible for this. He's way too respectful to do something like this. No, unfortunately, this falls on Miss Marvel. You'd think she wouldn't do something like this either but he bluntly states that it was her idea.

As for the issue. I like the New Avengers but it feels more like the "Defenders for Hire."

I get the "for Hire," but isn't Dr. Strange the only Defender on there?

The whole point of the Defenders is that they're not a team but a collection of guys that get together whenever Doctor Strange needs stuff done.

I.e. the eclectic mix of characters is really throwing me here.

As for Spiderman's one liners. People do realize that's always been his facade right? It's his defense mechanism. To keep everything at bay. Let's also note his aunt may have been shot but he's been through a lot worse.

Did the old bag croak yet or what? Because if not, I agree, her getting shot isn't anywhere near the worst he's been through. Not that her dying would be the worst he's been through, but it'd be a lot closer.

The whole point of the Defenders is that they're not a team but a collection of guys that get together whenever Doctor Strange needs stuff done.

I.e. the eclectic mix of characters is really throwing me here.

As for Spiderman's one liners. People do realize that's always been his facade right? It's his defense mechanism. To keep everything at bay. Let's also note his aunt may have been shot but he's been through a lot worse.

The thing is Spidey makes too many jokes, it's like he's only there for comic relief.

Isn't that kind of par for the course when Bendis writes him now? I thought people had learned to expect that.

I think Strange's emotions took over when he saw the figure on the table. He was so excited to see what he thought was Cap, he didn't bother to examine him. Human mistake.
It's still a pretty stupid human mistake, though. Dr. Strange has nearly the full breadth of his mystic powers, even in astral form. He is a medical expert. And it's not like he's never dealt with shady government types in his life before. He couldn't risk a few more seconds and truly determine if the body was real? It seems like a practically procedural thing to be doing, considering that determining if the body was real was his mission in the first place.

What's the point of having the Sorcerer Supreme on your team if he's going to act like a n00b?

Did anyone else like the part with Cage buying the milk?

Yes,.. I did.

Like Harl sez:
"That was classic Luke Cage."

Of course,.. I'm surprised he got irritated at the "manservant" comment from Logan,...Most married men I know would've chuckled dryly on that one in agreement.

The thing is Spidey makes too many jokes, it's like he's only there for comic relief.

Actually, he's there to crack jokes and kick things. He's also there to make Luke Cage feel less like a total outsider (Iron Fist helps) while being the guy who annoys Wolverine.

Team up books aren't exactly going to drip with characterization.

Finally...I thought I was the only one. It's like he's Plastic Man or something. At some point there has to be some character deveolpment....some changes. I think being outted, having his Aunt gunned down and being on the run would be enough to make Peter a tad more serious.

A little less on the jokes department. :dry: How about that "brain" of his?? Have these writers forgotten that he is a scientist?? This team could use that skill of his. They have nobody else. They are all just bruisers except for Strange.

And should he be with his family at a time like this? Cage has "his" family with him. Where's Pete's?? Just seems wrong that he's here.

And should he be with his family at a time like this? Cage has "his" family with him. Where's Pete's?? Just seems wrong that he's here.

I think it's fairly clear that as long as Spiderman is on the run, he'll do his best to stay as FAR away from Mary Jane Watson Parker as humanely possible. It'll be their best protection from radicals like the Kingpin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"