The Dark Knight Rises Official Penguin Casting Thread

Philip Seymour Hoffman would be perfect.

To be honest, I cant imagine anyone else in the role. Danny was and is Penguin to me. I hope they find a right man to fill up his shoes.

Antonello Blueberry said:
Why choosing a 5ft5 actor to be the Penguin when you can have a 6ft2 star and spend millions in visual FX to make him smaller?
i dont want a tall person casted,my choice is hoskins who is small,im just saying they can make him look smaller but i agree,why was all that money?

Bob Hoskins, Timothy Spall, or Alfred Molina----those are my Penguin picks.

Toby Jones (who is a better Capote than Hoffman in Infamous), Timothy Spall or Ricky Gervais.

I used to be for Robin Williams, and then Jon Lovitz, but now I can't get the image of Joe Pesci as Pengy out of my head. He's got the right physique, a bird-like voice, plus he's played a lot of gangster roles before. Christopher Nolan, I hope you're reading!

Why choosing a 5ft5 actor to be the Penguin when you can have a 6ft2 star and spend millions in visual FX to make him smaller?

Forced perspective is considerable cheaper than that. Elf, Lord of the Rings, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind - some varying prop sizes, some different placements in front of the camera . . . it's easier than it sounds.

The Best Picks:

Paul Giamatti (The Illusionist):
illusionist1.jpg

Timothy Spall (Prisoner of Azkaban):
lastpre.jpg

Robin Williams (Insomnia):
premiere.jpg

Bob Hoskins (Hollywoodland):
globes2.jpg

Toby Jones (Infamous):
000jones.jpg

Lee Arenberg (Pirates of the Caribbean):
piratespre.jpg

and my personal pick

Eddie Izzard (Mystery Men):
twelveprec.jpg

Didn't Nolan already denied that The Penguin wouldn't be in this film?

It's Hollywood. All smoke and mirrors. Nothing's official until its on the screen. . or not.

Now that Philip Seymour Hoffman is no longer a possibility, I must pledge my support to Bob Hoskins for the role. Especially if Nolan decides to go the route of "gentleman of crime", which I believe is the case due to the British arms dealer rumors. Though I must admit that Timothy Spall would also be a great choice.

i think ian would be good,but imo he doesnt have the facial features that I want for penguin

I doubt Penguin will even be in this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"