Comics Official Random X-Men One-Shots and Specials Thread

xmenoriginalsin1c.jpg

xmenoriginalsin11.jpg

xmenoriginalsin12.jpg

xmenoriginalsin13.jpg

xmenoriginalsin14.jpg

xmenoriginalsin15.jpg

xmenoriginalsin16.jpg

X-Men: Original Sin #1 will arrive in stores on Oct. 8 from Marvel Comics. The issue is written by Mike Carey and Daniel Way, with art by Mike Deodato and Scot Eaton and a cover by Deodato and Richard Isanove.

Here's how Marvel describes the issue:

"What is the secret reason Wolverine joined the X-Men? The X-Men event of the fall begins in this one-shot! For years, Logan has been a man without a past, whose memories existed only as conflicting fragments. And Charles Xavier has been a master of his own mind and others. Now the tables are turned, and as Wolverine struggles to rescue his son, Daken, from the evil and darkness that have consumed him, Professor X comes face-to-face with the most terrifying secret of all!"

X-Men: Original Sin #1 will be 48 pages and will cost $3.99

prv1143_cov.jpg

prv1143_pg1.jpg

prv1143_pg2.jpg

prv1143_pg3.jpg

prv1143_pg4.jpg

prv1143_pg5.jpg

prv1143_pg6.jpg

Story by
Greg Pak
Art by
Carmine Di Giandomenico
Colors by
Matt Hollingsworth
Cover by
David Aja, Marko Djurdjevic
Publisher
Marvel Comics
Cover Price:
$3.99
Release Date
Wed, October 8th, 2008

The latest from the Marvel Knights line!

The definitive origin story of one of Marvel's greatest icons continues as young Magneto, a Jewish boy in Hitler's Germany, travels to Berlin with his father in a desperate attempt to secure protection from the Nazi menace. What new rules and skills must father and son learn to survive in this insane new world? And will those lessons be enough to save their family on the Night of Broken Glass?

these secrets involving Xavier are tired and played

You'd think with X-Men Legacy going, the X-offices would give it a rest on the big morally ambiguous reveals about Xavier's past.

Old sins bite harder...but yeah, I wonder how many more secrets the writers are planning to let Xavier reveal until they're done with them.

The whole point in revealing all those secrets was to wash away the idea that Charles Xavier was this halo-bearing saint. And I can see why they would do that, really. Having Charles be almost as morally ambiguous as Erik (but unwilling to cross many of the lines Erik crosses habitually) makes their long-standing friendship more believable. I can see Charles doing a few underhanded things to get his whole X-Men militia project rolling.

It's time for Marvel to give it a rest. The point has been made. We get it. Charles used to be a jerk, but he regrets his past actions, and no longer lords his superiority over people. It's done. It's over. We don't need a miniseries that combines the dark secrets about Chuck's past with the dark secrets of Logan's past.

Wolverine's biggest secret is that he has no secret at all.

I'm loving Magneto: Testament sooo much. I'd read it a million times in history books but seeing what happened to the Jews in comic form is just as disturbing :(

I admit the Magneto mini confuses me because his name isn't Eric Lensherr. I am a bit sketchy on Magneto's back history so the name change confuses me. :(

I think that alias got used so many times, it got retconned into being his real name.

XMSM003_cov.jpg

X-MEN/SPIDER-MAN #3 (of 4)
Written by CHRISTOS N. GAGE
Pencils & Cover by MARIO ALBERTI
We take you back to the days of grungy 90s as The X-Men and Spider-Man face off against Mr. Sinister and Carnage! But this Spidey isn't Peter Parker--it's Ben Reilly, the Spider-Clone! And Wolverine's claws are made of bone, not adamantium! It's radical...it's extreme...and if we coulda put a chromium cover on it, we would have! Put down your pogs and pick this up if only to feast your eyes on Mario Alberti's art! It'll make you say "Cowabunga, dude!"
32 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

MGNTOT005_cvr.jpg

X-MEN: MAGNETO TESTAMENT #5 (of 5)
Written by Greg Pak
Art by Carmine
Di Giandomenico
Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
The boy survived Kristallnacht, the Einsatzgruppe, and the Warsaw Ghetto. But now Max Eisenhardt faces Hitler's Final Solution in the death camp known as Auschwitz-Birkenau. What will it take to endure? Who are the Sonderkommando? And will a vision of a girl named Magda bring hope — or horror? The definitive origin story of Magneto reaches its shattering conclusion.
32 PGS./Cardstock Cover/Parental Advisory …$3.99

HULKVSXM001_cov.jpg

X-MEN VS. HULK #1
Written by Chris Claremont
Penciled by Scott Clark
Cover by David Yardin
You’re Colossus, the steel-skinned X-Man who can dish out some serious hurt. So when Wolverine wants to take you down a peg or two, who’s he gonna call? If you’re thinking mean and green, you’re on the right track…
Join X-Legend Chris Claremont for a tutorial in pain you won’t forget! Plus: a classic Claremont tale!
48 pgs/One-Shot/Rated A…$3.99

um..what? why would wolverine sic the hulk on colossus? much less, why would the hulk do what wolverine tell him to? and didnt hulk seriously **** up colossus last they met?

CC's new theme song is totally 'Don't stop believing'. Couldn't think of anything with 'don't let go' in it. Sorry.

Anyway... the world soooo needed that one-shot a year after WWH. Thank you Gods of all that is X.

X-men vrs. Hulk looked vaguely interesting until I saw Claremont was on it. Yeah, that one's not making it onto my pull list.

The Magneto mini has been great so far. I love that last cover. :)

Definitely won't read Claremont's work, especially I have no interests in see him write any male characters, I won't even subject my worst male enemy (if I had any) to that guy's mercy. He would only do them a slight favor when he decides that they're good for sex-change.
And why Angel's face is blue in the X-Men/Spiderman story? Does he forget to wipe off his slurry-cosmetic mask before going into battle?

Definitely won't read Claremont's work, especially I have no interests in see him write any male characters, I won't even subject my worst male enemy (if I had any) to that guy's mercy. He would only do them a slight favor when he decides that they're good for sex-change.
And why Angel's face is blue in the X-Men/Spiderman story? Does he forget to wipe off his slurry-cosmetic mask before going into battle?

Probably because his skin hasn't changed back to normal yet in the time that this story took place.

um..what? why would wolverine sic the hulk on colossus? much less, why would the hulk do what wolverine tell him to? and didnt hulk seriously **** up colossus last they met?

Broke my boy's hands and everything :down:

XMSM003_cov.jpg

We take you back to the days of grungy 90s as The X-Men and Spider-Man face off against Mr. Sinister and Carnage! But this Spidey isn't Peter Parker--it's Ben Reilly, the Spider-Clone! And Wolverine's claws are made of bone, not adamantium! It's radical...it's extreme...and if we coulda put a chromium cover on it, we would have! Put down your pogs and pick this up if only to feast your eyes on Mario Alberti's art! It'll make you say "Cowabunga, dude!"
32 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

LOL. They're not even putting Gambit, Cable, or bishop into the 90's issue.

XMSM003_cov.jpg

32 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

except for storm...the covers awesome...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"