Comics Official Random X-Men One-Shots and Specials Thread

I'm reading X-Men Worlds Apart right now. This A-hole Storm is talking about Nezhno's strength rivaling Colossus'. Yeah right betch! :cmad:

awww, poor Spoonsy's fav lil character has some competition.

don't fret Spoons... me thinks Storm really isnt qualified to make that call

Who cares what she said or not said?

Besides, Nezhno would probably die just by demonstrating he's stronger than Colossus, seems pretty pointless imo.

That's a good point, actually. Neznho is a pretty cool character, but he's one of those people who can't use his powers without slowly dieing. Everytime he uses his strength, he gets that much closer to having a stroke. He makes Guido look blessed, really.

awww, poor Spoonsy's fav lil character has some competition.

don't fret Spoons... me thinks Storm really isnt qualified to make that call

"Gentle" should see what Colossus' face did to Rockslide's hand in Manifest Destiny last month :o

Who cares what she said or not said?

Besides, Nezhno would probably die just by demonstrating he's stronger than Colossus, seems pretty pointless imo.

You read comics but don't care about what the characters say? :huh:

He sure would die :o

That's a good point, actually. Neznho is a pretty cool character, but he's one of those people who can't use his powers without slowly dieing. Everytime he uses his strength, he gets that much closer to having a stroke. He makes Guido look blessed, really.

He didn't get outrageously big in the last World's apart. Maybe he's trying to slow his death. Don't blame him.

xmenbraddockscovei6.jpg

X-MEN: SWORD OF THE BRADDOCKS
Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
Penciled by SCOTT CLARK
Cover by ALEX GARNER
Before she can come home to the X-Men, Betsy Braddock has one final mission—settle the score once and for all with the man who’s been hunting her across the multiverse. If she hopes to survive, Psylocke’s going to have to use every weapon at her disposal----and possibly cross a line no X-Man ever has before…
40 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T+ …$3.99

bishop002covnf6.jpg

X-MEN: THE LIVES AND TIMES OF LUCAS BISHOP #2 (of 3)
Written by DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI
Penciled by LARRY STROMAN
Cover by ARIEL OLIVETTI
The untold story of Lucas Bishop, renegade X-Man, continues here! Seventy years in the future, a young Bishop makes the hard journey from petty street thief to hero cop—but along the way, learns more about the green-eyed girl who damned mutants everywhere to a life of suffering and death. But when a time portal opens up, Bishop is given a glimpse of mutant life in the past… and a glimmer of hope in an otherwise murky future.
32 PGS./Rated T+…$3.99

xmnightcrawlercovzl0.jpg

X-MEN: QUITTING TIME
Written by JAMES ASMUS
Penciled by TBD
Cover by BRANDON PETERSON
Since the move to San Francisco and after the events of X-Infernus, Nightcrawler realizes a hard truth—he has to quit the X-Men. Kurt has realized that the X-Men just don’t need him anymore. He hasn’t been operating at his highest levels and even the biggest strength he has—teleportation—has been made redundant by Pixie who can do it better and more efficiently. Don’t miss the departure of one of the most important characters in X-Men history.
32 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T+ …$3.99

:cmad::cmad: They better not be getting rid of Nightcrawler! :cmad::cmad:

Last edited:
Claremont with any female character will never get a cent from me.

Thank Heaven I'm no fan of any female characters who might be seized by him.

that is such a lame copout for getting rid of nightcrawler

Haha, way to keep us from completely forgetting/stop caring about about Betsy :whatever:

Um, where the F does Kurt think he's going?

**** Pixie, shes one of the worst characters ever!!! Nightcrawler can come over to MI13...:woot:

I liked Pixie better when she was a much better character named Blink

Updated the Bishop and Nightcrawler solicits with their cover images, and here's a couple more places the X-Men pop up:

asttales002covty3.jpg

ASTONISHING TALES #2
Written by C. B. CEBULSKI, DANIEL MERLIN GOODBREY, TED MCKEEVER & JONATHAN HICKMAN
Penciled by KENNETH ROCAFORT, LOU KANG, TED MCKEEVER & NICK PITARRA
Cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
Can the Punisher and Wolverine survive a round with the ferocious Predator X--and who is the beast’s sexy wrangler? Has Arno Stark, the Iron Man of 2020, met his match in a band of hijack-happy sky-pirates? Will M.O.D.O.K. make it through a meal without killing anyone in a superhero greasy spoon? And are newbie directors Cannonball and Sunspot (of New Mutants) going to make movie magic in the Mojoverse? All is revealed here!
40 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

I sorta like Pixie, but she's not "replace Nightcrawler" quality. As I said in another thread, there's plenty of power redundancy in the X-Men. Nightcrawler leaving because of Pixie is like Colossus leaving because of Armor.

Personally, I hope they come up with a completely different reason for Nightcrawler leaving, and "they still need a teleporter" was the only thing that kept him from leaving. That I could accept, although I'd still be pissed that he's leaving.

sooo, Predator X is coming back? i kinda like that

Wonder how it manages to survive without eating one mutant for this long (since MC anyway).

You'd think it would've made its way to San Francisco by now. The strongest concentration of mutants alive are in SF. Also, there's the handful in Detroit.

ummm where is nightcrawler gonna go? everybody is in freaking san francisco. like literally everybody! this is the worst writing ever! if he wants to retire, he is still prolly gonna stay there, so what's the point?

and someone needs to just kill pixie already, preferably magik!

and yay for psylocke!!!!!!! finally shell be getting some real writing! she hasnt been written by anyone but claremont for a decade! thats so ridiculous!

and yay for psylocke!!!!!!! finally shell be getting some real writing! she hasnt been written by anyone but claremont for a decade! thats so ridiculous!

um...Claremont is the one writing the mini series

Last edited:
this series is something current? I thought it was a tale from the past based on the first cover

It's got an ongoing story, but each issue takes place in a different time period. I think it's the 60s, the 80s, the 90s, and the current roster (okay, before Kitty was Lost In Space).

um...Claremont is the one writing the mini series

About the worst fate a character can be subjected to, but hey, she'll probably go OMG I'M ALMIGHTY POWERFUL in the issue and grows a supersized ego ever since, if she hasn't got one that is.

Ugh, Claremont, GIVE UP ON PSYLOCKE already! She hasn't done a SINGLE thing since she's been back, all because you're hoarding her and making her crap and keeping her in crap books!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"