Superman Returns Official Theatrical trailer Crowd reaction report thread

I really don't get this "Another one?" crap. It's been decades since the last Superman movie, where as the last Batman fil was in the 90's.

Granted I know Begins had some similar reactions to the teaser at first, but it still did great.

But seriously, what are people thinking? Another Superman movie??? It's SUPERMAN!!!!

Carmine Falcone said:
So...In the countries you all live in...everybody talks and yells in the cinema?

Sometimes. I went to see one of the Scream movies a while back with a g/f. The audience was all high school kids and of mixed racial makeup. Suffice to say, there wasn't a moment the ****ing kids weren't screaming, yelling, laughing, and generally acting like asses. I wanted to do something very bad.

OTOH, during the first showing of Phantom Menace, people clapped when Obi-Wan killed Maul. I dug that.

The problem I've seen in theatres is parents bringing their very young kids to intense movies, where the kids proceed to cry throughout. Or people that have to have the entire movie explained to them by their companions, i.e. "why did that guy kill that other guy"..."ohhh, he's BAD"... Worst is the cell phone monkeys that not only have their phones ring but proceed to pick up and actually talk on it.

People nowadays just aren't considerate of others. Cell phones are nice techhologies, but have ushered in a new era of public annoyance.

Agreed. I've been in quite a few movies where there was a good "vibe" and everyone clapped at certain parts. It's really nice when you have a good audience with rapport, but it doesn't happen often. Of course, you KNOW its going to be good when you are with a bunch of fans opening night . . . cheering and clapping and screaming all over the place. It's gonna be good.:)

I'm hopefully seeing M:i:III tonight at 10pm, so around midnight or so I'll hopefully have something to report.

I thought MI III came out tomorrow? How are people seeing it already before midnight even?

I think most of these people live overseas, and movies usually come out a day or two earlier than in the U.S.

Clapping at the end of movies used to be non-existent in my country, but it´s becoming more common. There was some clapping at the end of Spider-Man 2 when I first saw it, considerable clapping at the end of Batman Begins in one of the screenings I went to, much clapping at the end of Narnia. The biggest cheer, believe it or not, was at the end of TPM, but it was the very first screening in my city, loaded with SW geeks, and remember the "hype factor" had a lot of weight with that movie...

When i saw the teaser, and i saw it more than once up on the big screen , presented with different films, people either didn't respond to it or a few non-sense whispers or even laughter. Most of the time they would give feedback to other trailers, then when SR came on, its like a sudden silence came upon the theater. For those interested, im going to see MI3 tonight at 10 pm EST so i'll let you know if we get the trailer and what the reactions are.

I have never really been to a film where the crowd get that active. Sometimes you hear a whisper or something. I have been to one and only one film where the crowd responded and that was Goldeneye. When he skydives to the plane. The entire theater went insane. But it's odd....thats the only time. I think people just dont get excited about anything anymore.

Well the theater i usually go to is an english one. Since i live in Montreal, most of the places are french theaters. The one i frequent is in an italian area so people around here are very loud and not shy to express what they think. The thing is to also go to films on premiere night , thats usually when you get the active crowd. We often get films on midnight the night before its release. This is new though, i saw a 10pm screening downtown in the newspaper. Im looking forward to it!

PS: there's a Christopher Reeve movie playing on TV as of this moment :D!

lol pickle u totally stole my thread ;)

Very good reaction from my girlfriend (who doesn't read comics). :up:

I showed it to my friend and he liked it so much he asked to see it again. Luthor really impressed him. My gf liked what she saw, she actualy woke me up when it was playing on AH.

You know I was just thinking that todays society is alot like the future depicked in Kingdom Come. It was a fearful, dreadful society that seemed to raise brutal anti-heroes to full hero statis. Until, things got so bad and so dark. When all hope seemed lost Superman returned ,and his noblity and power were a light shining in a hopeless world. On June 30th :supes: returns,and it will be an EVENT!

Captain Kirk said:
You know I was just thinking that todays society is alot like the future depicked in Kingdom Come. It was a fearful, dreadful society that seemed to raise brutal anti-heroes to full hero statis. Until, things got so bad and so dark. When all hope seemed lost Superman returned ,and his noblity and power were a light shining in a hopeless world. On June 30th :supes: returns,and it will be an EVENT!

Good point!:up:

Carmine Falcone said:
So...In the countries you all live in...everybody talks and yells in the cinema?

Good, that people don't do that here.

Or you are all making it up...

During previews you'll get lots of audiences cheering....they cheer during great action sequences/character moments in the film feature as well.

I think it adds to the excitement of seeing a movie.

Captain Kirk said:
brilliant post! The world needs to be reminded that you don't need your parents or uncle to die to do good. Superman does good because doing good is good, and he doesn't need anyone to explain that to him

Love the avatar Excel. Very slick.

I am thinking I will be seeing a matinee on Saturday on Sunday.

Showtime029 said:
Love the avatar Excel. Very slick.

I am thinking I will be seeing a matinee on Saturday on Sunday.

Even your avatar is great :up:

Thank you my friend. Reminds me of Reeve.

I'm expecting alot of huge reactions at the plan rescue scene, because on the small screen it look's amazing that same scene in cinema's should be incredible.

well thank you, i actually was goinbg to ask for the same one you have until i saw you had it.

Sorry to say but i couldnt make it to the screening. What a fooking night, just keeps getting worse! I might go tomorrow if im not pissed anymore...

Pickle-El said:
To the SR Trailer.....Might as well get a thread started. :up:
It has now been merged with the one already started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"