Superman Returns Official Theatrical trailer Crowd reaction report thread

just to tellyou ncase you didntknow, MI3 is insane

ohmshalone said:
brilliant post! The world needs to be reminded that you don't need your parents or uncle to die to do good. Superman does good because doing good is good, and he doesn't need anyone to explain that to him

I hope thats not a stab in the stomach to spiderman there.

Just got back from a screening....sorry to say it was NOT attached to MI3. Maybe it had to do with it being a sneak preview the night before. However I was bummed but not too much because just as Excel said....MI3 is beyond awsome. Say what you will about Cruise but this fanchise is back. Damn good film.

Well I just got back from MI3 here in Littleton Colorado, and the crowd loved the trailer. All I heard was "wow" "awesome" and "I cant wait". It seemed to stir alot of Superman memories in the adults in the crowd.

Unfortunately, the SR trailer wasn't shown with my showing of MI:3. The trailer for X3 was though and I thought it played much better on the big screen then the dozen times I watched it on my PC. No reactions for any of the trailers though.

And MI:3 was amazing. Starts off with a kick in the gut, grabs on, and doesn't let go for the full 2+ hours. Intense.

skruloos said:
Unfortunately, the SR trailer wasn't shown with my showing of MI:3. The trailer for X3 was though and I thought it played much better on the big screen then the dozen times I watched it on my PC. No reactions for any of the trailers though.

And MI:3 was amazing. Starts off with a kick in the gut, grabs on, and doesn't let go for the full 2+ hours. Intense.

Couldn't agree more, I saw it at a wed nite preview. No coming attractions at all though.

Even Im happy to admit X3 looks alot better on the big screen.

No trailer!

Only teaser. Saw it last night (friday) in MD. I was highly, highly upset.

Dont forget the trailer was supposed to go to places that could handle digital.....it was at my theater...first trailer and it looked awesome on the big screen...people clapped at the end

I saw MI:3 again today (surprisingly pretty good)... And THIS TIME, they showed the trailer! And If I didn't feel a positive reaction on the boards (from some) I got it back TEEN FOLD at the cinema... First off, let me say that what looks great on the small pc screen, looks SO ****ING BADASS on the big screen!!!

I saw MI:3 today with my girlfriend, and she asked if i thought they'd play the trailer?.. I said, NO, because I saw it yesterday also, and there they DIDN'T show it... And this was at the same exact theater.. Emagine my surprise when it suddently popped up on the big screen.. I litterally let the popcorn fall out of my mouth, saying, "What the?!?!?!" Some people next to me looked at me and laughed a bit (the theater was packed, we're talking 1100 seats here!)... The music was sooo beautiful when it played through the huge theater speakers, even more beautiful than before!

There was complete silents only seconds in to the trailer (where in others people talked a bit) Just as we hear Luthor say "This is where he learned who he was" yada yada yada... When we saw Young Clark boost with high speed in the air, and land on the water tank, some people in the far back yelled "bad-ass!".. I smiled already there... As Ma Kent said "The world can always use more good reporters" and we see the zoom in picture of Clark at the Planet, the people next to me asked "Is this the trailer you were talking about?!" (even though I didn't knew them) I smiled, saying YES... Than the music begins, and they replied "Obviously"... I tell ya, EVERYTHING looked a lot better on the big screen, and for some reason the fast landing shot all of the sudden looked so freaken cool!.. It looked great on the small pc screen, but it was so exstremely cool on the big screen!... As the trailer ended with the final shots of supes grapping the wing, and breaking it off, I heard a person in the front go "Yeah Supey, you ****ing rule!".. It was hillarious... as the trailer ended with the "You wanted to see me"-line, every one laughed quite a bit... than a few started clapping and several more joined in.. soon the whole theater gave it a round of applause... quickly, but GOOOOD! Every one was chit-chattering after that, and I heard some right behind me say, "Looks like X-men will meet its competition".. I was so close to turning around and say, "X3 will be a side-show people".. But my girlfriend grapped my arm right there..hehe.. I overheard one say "Holy crap, when the hell is this movie coming out?!!!"... You have to keep in mind that this is in Denmark, so it didn't say June 30'th.. only COMING SOON.. seeing how the date for Denmark isn't set in stone yet.. They say August 4'th right now.. But I'm hearing that it might be changed, so maybe we'll see it earlier.. dear God I hope we see it earlier!

Anyway, the response to the trailer was nothing but positive!.. Even after MI:3 ended and we walked out I overheard some talk about the superman trailer, saying that they needed to see that movie so bad!... Of course there was some girls talking about how hot they thought Brandon Looked.. I believe their exact words were "That new Clark guy looks even hotter than Welling!"

Can't wait for the tv-spots!

Naite22 said:
I saw MI:3 again today (surprisingly pretty good)... And THIS TIME, they showed the trailer! And If I didn't feel a positive reaction on the boards (from some) I got it back TEEN FOLD at the cinema... First off, let me say that what looks great on the small pc screen, looks SO ****ING BADASS on the big screen!!!

I saw MI:3 today with my girlfriend, and she asked if i thought they'd play the trailer?.. I said, NO, because I saw it yesterday also, and there they DIDN'T show it... And this was at the same exact theater.. Emagine my surprise when it suddently popped up on the big screen.. I litterally let the popcorn fall out of my mouth, saying, "What the?!?!?!" Some people next to me looked at me and laughed a bit (the theater was packed, we're talking 1100 seats here!)... The music was sooo beautiful when it played through the huge theater speakers, even more beautiful than before!

There was complete silents only seconds in to the trailer (where in others people talked a bit) Just as we hear Luthor say "This is where he learned who he was" yada yada yada... When we saw Young Clark boost with high speed in the air, and land on the water tank, some people in the far back yelled "bad-ass!".. I smiled already there... As Ma Kent said "The world can always use more good reporters" and we see the zoom in picture of Clark at the Planet, the people next to me asked "Is this the trailer you were talking about?!" (even though I didn't knew them) I smiled, saying YES... Than the music begins, and they replied "Obviously"... I tell ya, EVERYTHING looked a lot better on the big screen, and for some reason the fast landing shot all of the sudden looked so freaken cool!.. It looked great on the small pc screen, but it was so exstremely cool on the big screen!... As the trailer ended with the final shots of supes grapping the wing, and breaking it off, I heard a person in the front go "Yeah Supey, you ****ing rule!".. It was hillarious... as the trailer ended with the "You wanted to see me"-line, every one laughed quite a bit... than a few started clapping and several more joined in.. soon the whole theater gave it a round of applause... quickly, but GOOOOD! Every one was chit-chattering after that, and I heard some right behind me say, "Looks like X-men will meet its competition".. I was so close to turning around and say, "X3 will be a side-show people".. But my girlfriend grapped my arm right there..hehe.. I overheard one say "Holy crap, when the hell is this movie coming out?!!!"... You have to keep in mind that this is in Denmark, so it didn't say June 30'th.. only COMING SOON.. seeing how the date for Denmark isn't set in stone yet.. They say August 4'th right now.. But I'm hearing that it might be changed, so maybe we'll see it earlier.. dear God I hope we see it earlier!

Anyway, the response to the trailer was nothing but positive!.. Even after MI:3 ended and we walked out I overheard some talk about the superman trailer, saying that they needed to see that movie so bad!... Of course there was some girls talking about how hot they thought Brandon Looked.. I believe their exact words were "That new Clark guy looks even hotter than Welling!"

WOW! Fantastic report :up:

Naite22 said:

no offense but i dont belive you :(.

this is to positive. dont tell me that you were in a theater with only superman fans. because this is what this looks like.

plus tom weeling bashing? please.

lol yeah. trailer dont usually get that big of reactions.

I saw MI : III yesterday . And it was awesome The Best movie out of The other 2. Before the movie the preview were playing . The trailer for SUPERMAN rocked, it was awesome to see it on the big screen,their were some that screemed SUPERMAN & claped. however
most of the people in the room cheered more for X3 trailer than SUPERMAN RETURNS .

Excel said:
lol yeah. trailer dont usually get that big of reactions.

That's not true

BATMAN BEGINS got a huge reaction, so did SPIDER-MAN & Spidey 2 also X1,X2 & now X3 .

I saw MI3 yesterday afternoon and it got a mixed reaction.

The very first thing I heard when the trailer started (which was right after the X3 trailer) was "Great another comic book movie" from some *****e.

During the Lex Luthor "wrong" scene a number of people snickered at Luthor.

But at the very end during the "Bird, Plane, Me" thing a lot of people laughed and a couple clapped at it.

Overall it was some good, some bad. Also, there weren't too many people at the theater yet since this was late afternoon, so if I go back during the evening with a packed crowd I'll see if I get a different reaction.

Before I saw MI3 (I was there on May 4th), we were shown some trailers.

The first was The Da Cinci Code full trailers. People were impressed and as I thought they have big interest about it.

Then, X3 full trailer, which was good for them, but bad for me.

About SR teaser I have already told you in previous posts in this thread.

And finnaly the last was POTC2 teaser, which also got people's interest and admiration. For me it was good teaser, and I'm also looking forward to it.

So as I can predict, in our country I will get SR full trailer on big screen only in the mid of June.

Saw M-i-III last night. Trailer showed. Not much reaction. Alotta buzz after it ended though

dark_b said:
no offense but i dont belive you :(.

this is to positive. dont tell me that you were in a theater with only superman fans. because this is what this looks like.

plus tom weeling bashing? please.

the poster is in Denmark...
my theater had a very positive reation too

Kal-El 8 said:
That's not true

BATMAN BEGINS got a huge reaction, so did SPIDER-MAN & Spidey 2 also X1,X2 & now X3 .

dont forget the trailers for the Prequels to Star Wars too...they had a very big audience reaction

roach said:
dont forget the trailers for the Prequels to Star Wars too...they had a very big audience reaction

That's true STAR WARS : EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH . had a huge good Crowd reaction.

how? it opened with robots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"