Official Thor Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly didn't. Being a Thor fan after the '80s has been pretty rough up 'til now.

totally chewy we are right there now filming so close. As for cap i do hope we will know casting soon enough but i am sure we will have cap cast secure by march/april the latest. As for gl while since production is due to start march april we are bound to probably end up learing who is the rest of the cast between dec-feb.

totally chewy we are right there now filming so close. As for cap i do hope we will know casting soon enough but i am sure we will have cap cast secure by march/april the latest. As for gl while since production is due to start march april we are bound to probably end up learing who is the rest of the cast between dec-feb.

We comic fans have become so impatient. Remember back in the 90s? Development Hell is what best described comic book movies back then. I'm just glad we got some really badass projects slated to start next year. If you're as big of a fan of watching the development of films as I am, then 2010 will be a great year.

I'm a little worried that being so aware of the movie's development might hinder my enjoyment of it. I usually avoid spoilers and news for films I'm really looking forward to so I can go in fresh when they're released, but I don't have that luxury with Thor because I've gotta be around here modding. :csad:

^I felt the same way on Iron Man.

I spent a lot of time on the set of The Dark Knight. Large portions of the movie, of course, were spoiled for me. I saw Aaron Eckhart as Two-Face my first day on set. I talked to the actor who played Wertz in between takes on how Two-Face kills him. Then chatted with Christopher Nolan. My second day on set I see Heath as Joker, learn some more plot details from the crew, and see the Harvey Dent/Semi-Truck chase. My third day I saw the Tumbler get blown to bits and the semi-truck get flipped end over end.

All of that didn't matter for squat when I saw the film. I learned a great movie is truly greater than the sum of it's parts. It was amazing seeing it come together on screen.

I certainly didn't. Being a Thor fan after the '80s has been pretty rough up 'til now.

I'll tell you what a rough time to be a thor fan was. hulk v thor. all thor fans must have been grinding their teeth at how thor was portrade in that animation.

I'm just waithing for the comedy gold that is a sea of people claiming to know inside information and making a load stuff up for attention once production kicks off like on the other superhero movies on these boards

I spent a lot of time on the set of The Dark Knight. Large portions of the movie, of course, were spoiled for me. I saw Aaron Eckhart as Two-Face my first day on set. I talked to the actor who played Wertz in between takes on how Two-Face kills him. Then chatted with Christopher Nolan. My second day on set I see Heath as Joker, learn some more plot details from the crew, and see the Harvey Dent/Semi-Truck chase. My third day I saw the Tumbler get blown to bits and the semi-truck get flipped end over end.

All of that didn't matter for squat when I saw the film. I learned a great movie is truly greater than the sum of it's parts. It was amazing seeing it come together on screen.
I'm sure if the movie is great, it'll still be great if I know certain parts of it beforehand. But my preference is still to go in without any knowledge of it and enjoy it all for the first time.

I feel ya, it just sucks you have to moderate, and can't help but having something spoiled for you here and there. It's like being a pilot that has acrophobia!

I'm just waithing for the comedy gold that is a sea of people claiming to know inside information and making a load stuff up for attention once production kicks off like on the other superhero movies on these boards
My cousin's friend's sister's boyfriend is a p.a. on the movie, and he told me that Ray Stevenson is playing both The Punisher and Volstag in the movie. Oh, and the two of them make out together. Shhh...don't tell any body though. It's secret insider info.

totally noir when we are in the actually production stage of things this is a fun time for us fans to see what comes out so we can get some indicators on how the film possible can go. For me career wise i want to get into tv/film production work. That is what i went to school for. A dream of mine would be to work on a superhero film. But right now only things have have done out of school was work on a music video as a pa and was a pa on a independent film. But i am trying to find more stuff. But my area doesnt have crap going on presently and i cant get out to larger cities at the time.

Marvel_Movie_Universe_Casting_by_Marvel_Freshman.jpg

Man, there's gonna be a lot of Steve Rogerses running around that Cap movie.

;)

What confuses me is the Stevenson/Volstagg thing. The other 2 parts of the Warriors Three casting I can understand and support; but I'm asking myself 'why cast a guy who doesnt look remotely like the character [only to presumably have to wear a fat suit and tonnes of make up], when there are other actors out there more suited to the role?

I could understand it if Stevenson was a brilliant character actor with such an amazing range that they just had to cast him, but there are actors that've been mentioned on here a fair few times who seem to fit a bit better.

Am I missing something here?

Maybe they wanted Volstagg to be a very active fat guy, so they figuerd a very action-oriented actor would work best. Or maybe they'll show Volsagg as a young man, when he was in shape.

I think people forget that Ray Stevenson was a bit of a porker before, and lost quite a bit of weight to play The Punisher. Give him some extra padding and prosthetics, and he already has the rounded features to be believably fat, while also being able to cope with the physical requirements of fight scenes.

How long before Punisher: War Zone was this? I don't remember him being a "porker" at all in Rome. He wasn't a perfectly scultped Adonis or anything, but he was a tall guy with a slightly heavier than average build to me.

How long before Punisher: War Zone was this? I don't remember him being a "porker" at all in Rome. He wasn't a perfectly scultped Adonis or anything, but he was a tall guy with a slightly heavier than average build to me.

I dunno, before I knew him by name I thought of him as "the fat guy from Rome". :hehe:

Maybe he just looks fatter standing next to Kevin McKidd.

Stevenson was never a "porker". I think instead of going for an over-the-top fat Volstagg they will probably go with a massively-large-man Volstagg. Hopefully he's still funny like he is in the comics; it'd be interesting to see Stevenson in a comedic relief role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"