Official Trailer VS Fan Trailer: Who Got It Right?

The scenes from the fan trailer are not taken from a single source but who cares?

If similar footage was from a single source you could make the exact same trailer (same sound, imagery, and editing) and it would be just as effective.

The official trailer has the same weaknesses either way.

The fan trailer was fine for a fan trailer.

The offical wasn't the best but I dug it. They need to step it up with the second trailer though. Like on the level of Avatar's second trailer or ST's third trailer.

I really have no worries that the next trailers will be better. We saw like a few seconds of Oa and the corps, there is still so much to show. I predict this is going to be a situation exactly like the Star Trek trailers and it's only going to be more epic now that they used this trailer to introduce the character.

I hope that's the case. Although I dug the hell out of the second ST trailer.

official, only because the fan trailer has to make too many concessions to make up for lack of official footage.

the next official trailer would do well to copy elements from the fan one. i think a more light hearted opening like the teaser would do well, then switch gears to a more serious and grand scale similar to the fan made trailer. narratives of abin sur and maybe sinestro would be nice to explain hal's role in the grander scheme of things, and more of an introduction of the villain(s) in the movie.

oh yeah, the music and editing was horrible in the official teaser; gotta fix that.

The fan trailer was fine for a fan trailer.

The offical wasn't the best but I dug it. They need to step it up with the second trailer though. Like on the level of Avatar's second trailer or ST's third trailer.

official, only because the fan trailer has to make too many concessions to make up for lack of official footage.

the next official trailer would do well to copy elements from the fan one. i think a more light hearted opening like the teaser would do well, then switch gears to a more serious and grand scale similar to the fan made trailer. narratives of abin sur and maybe sinestro would be nice to explain hal's role in the grander scheme of things, and more of an introduction of the villain(s) in the movie.

oh yeah, the music and editing was horrible in the official teaser; gotta fix that.

The fan made trailer ended with a comical one liner. If you mean by copying elements that they should steal scenes from other movies (like the fan made trailer did) that's not going to happen. Otherwise, expect to see later on some cameo's of the Guardians and other Lanterns (like the fan made trailer attempted to do). That's about it.

You put "Freedom Fighters" behind just about anything and it'll feel epic.
I do think the official one got the tone wrong. It feels "silly". It feels like it should've felt if Reynolds had played the Flash. I'm no expert, but I've never thought of Green Lantern as one of the comical heroes.
I think the idea that it's tonally similar to Fantastic Four is dead on. While that worked for F4 (even if people wouldn't understand that's exactly how the F4 comics are), I don' think it's suitable here.

The trailer could've just played up the silly factor though. The actual film could be far more serious. You never can tell lately.

Neither got it right.

The fan made was stealing shots from other movies in a way that wasn't even good. Instead of being sucked into the story I was guessing what each shot is from.

And honestly, Nathan Fillion? I get it, he was in a couple shows that were cancelled that Whedon was on so everyone wants him to be in every role including Mary Jane oddly enough. All twelve of his fans and Whedons fans can keep begging the studios to hire both of them and blaming the studios for canceling their shows because twelve people just don't bring in strong enough ratings. That won't change anything though.

The official version didn't work for me either. It...just...looks...cheesy. And not in a good way. I think Green hornet might actually do better than Green Lantern. Both seem to be shooting for a very similar tone. The real question I have is whether or not the Green lantern film will be the same movie being advertised in the Green Lantern teaser.

You don't post much here, do ya, powerbomb1411?

Nope, but things are repeated enough on forums as it is anyway. I used to feel dumb, now I'm just another faceless person next to all the other faceless people saying one thing or another. Sometimes more identical than others.

The fan made trailer ended with a comical one liner. If you mean by copying elements that they should steal scenes from other movies (like the fan made trailer did) that's not going to happen. Otherwise, expect to see later on some cameo's of the Guardians and other Lanterns (like the fan made trailer attempted to do). That's about it.

i just read this. i can't understand what you're trying to say.

I personally prefer the fan trailer. The official one looks like Iron Man meets Fantastic Four.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"