Official UFC Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Penn is one of my favorite fighters of all time, but I think he should have retired, as much as I hate to say that. We'll see what happens though. My heart wants Penn to knock Edgar out, but my mind is telling me Edgar wins another decision.

Rolles+Gracie+vs.+Derrick+Mehmen.gif

:hehe:

Man, Ronda really is a petty, horrible person. I see why she trains w/ the Diaz bros now. Lol@ "laughing at my girl's pain".

Yeah, after looking at the first two eps of TUF Rhonda really is a spoiled little brat. :down

Poor T.J. Grant. I hope that his injuries aren't lingering when he eventually comes back. At this point I would rather they give him one fight to ease into things, and then a title shot if he wins that.

For years people have complained that Jones is a heavyweight and too big of a physical match for his opponents. Not anymore.

I just hope Jones doesn't get too over-confident against Gustafsson.

If he breaks that record, huge moment for him and the UFC.

Project, he has reach advantage, but Gustafsson is taller. I think leg reach is also similar.

Critics have complained that Jones is way too oversized for his opponents.

Let's see if Jones can still use the reach advantage against Gus.

Project, he has reach advantage, but Gustafsson is taller. I think leg reach is also similar.

Critics have complained that Jones is way too oversized for his opponents.

Let's see if Jones can still use the reach advantage against Gus.

Well considering that his UFC debut came via a taller opponent (in which he appeared average on his feet), there is a ton of truth to that. Jones depends so much on his reach. His hooks, uppercuts and straights are godawful and slow. He's got a great jab and push kick, and knows how to use his elbows but that's all. Put him in the ring with JDS and he's a dead man. Jon should never leave the LHW division for the HW division. He'd lose to Cain, JDS, Barnett and even Cormier. His unique frame gives him a massive advantage at 205.

Gus didn't get robbed. Jones won that. Rogan was biased as hell, and I'm sure that influenced a lot of people. The first and second were far closer than what they were commentating it was, and Jones straight up took the last two rounds. I can see an argument for Gus winning, but that in no way is a robbery.

Not sold on that decision… I just can’t see how Jones won more than two rounds. Definitely not 49-46.

49-46, thats when you start thinking it was fixed.

The Swede, won the fight. He had the first 3 rounds.

I had Gus winning by 3-2, he gained a fan in me as for the guy I was rooting for Jones, his boxing is shocking and needs major work, hopefully this will refocus him and make him an even better fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"