Comics Official X-FORCE Discussion Thread - Part 1

I'm betting on Humphries/Garney, but that seems to be just me.

Was hoping for another year but at least hes not taking on too many books.

Crap, just read that there could be two more major deaths? Please dont kill Betsy. Havnt seen her in any Marvel Now preview stuff.

Last edited:
I'm thinking with new mutants ending as well..that X-Force is gonna go back to its roots...kinda. bring in some of those characters and idk..lighten the hell up a bit.

I just hope they re-name it
I'd love to have the complete Remender Uncanny X-Force saga front to back, unspoiled by renumbering or new direction

1347566469.jpg

Cable is back, and he is once again in control of his old team — but with mostly new faces. That's the announcement of the December-debuting Cable and X-Force today over at Comic Book Resources, marking the second Dennis Hopeless-written title in the Marvel NOW! lineup. Salvador Larroca and Frank D'Armata are providing art on the title that was teased last week with the one word "Wanted."

This announcement comes after Newsarama announced the new Thunderbolts title starring Red Hulk, Punisher, Deadpool, Venom, and Elektra, and Marvel.com announced Avengers Arena, Hopeless's other title that will take the youth of the Marvel Universe and put them into a Hunger Games-esque version of Murder World.

Cable and X-Force marks both a return and a reinvention of the X-Force concept, Hopeless told CBR.

"When Nick Lowe asked me to pitch the book, he said X-Force has a history of reinvention. Every time there's a new X-Force title, it's miles different from the previous incarnation. Then Nick asked, 'What would your version of X-Force be?'

"That was a really cool and interesting challenge, especially because right after that, he said, 'But make it about Cable,' and hung up the phone. I had to figure out a story that would reinvent X-Force while also taking the book back to its Cable roots."

Hopeless says Cable is "Mad Max meets Steve McQueen as played by the T2 Terminator," and that "He just wants whatever horrible thing he has to do done fast, so he can steal five minutes peace after." But his supporting cast isn't likely to give him much of the peace he's after.

The lineup features returning X-Force member Domino, who has also been an on and off romance for the titular character. Joining the duo are Forge, Colossus (looking de-juggernauted in the cover image), and Dr. Nemesis of the X-Men's science team. The twist is that this team will have a circumstance early in the first arc that puts them on the run, with the Uncanny Avengers squad, led by Cable's uncle Havok, chasing them.

"From their perspective, this X-Force is a team of super villains," Hopeless told CBR. But he equates the squad more to a "Mission Impossible" team in the middle of the movie. The book is part crime/heist, part international spy chase, and part big superhuman action.

There's still one more teaser from last week, the similar "Killers" teaser also revealed last Friday, which may or may not have ties to Cable & X-Force, so stay tuned for more Marvel NOW! news as it comes.

In an interview with Marvel.com, Hopeless said that he's looking to embrace the title's '90s roots: "We’re stealing everything that was fun and exciting about that over-the-top 90’s X-FORCE and bolting it onto modern characterization and storytelling. Our X-Force is giant guns, insane action, badass badasses and three-dimensional characters with human emotions!"

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/cable-x-force-marvel-now.html

Larroca always draws a good Petey, but that costume has yet to grow on me. The one Bianchi gave him is my fav.

Sad I guess I get to drop a book off my list. Sucks they bring back Domino after the old team is gone

Ok, a couple questions. Admittedly, I'm a little behind in the main X-titles (I'm currently getting X-factor and just started getting Astonishing X-men again). When did Forge come back from the dead? What happened to Nemesis (or is that just a new look)?

Cool, good to see Domino and Cable on the team again. Wouldnt have guessed the other new members. Good thing its separating itself from Remenders. No one can top that so why bother. Seems Thunderbolts is trying to go more that route with the super assassination squad.

I wonder where Betsy is gonna go? Really hope she migrates to Uncanny Avengers.

There's speculation that Psylocke gets a solo series. We'll find out on Monday. I really don't want her in UA since I have no interest in it.

I really hope they don't announce any future plans for anyone not Wolverine on the UXF squad before Remender's run is completed, since a lot of speculation right now is for Psylocke to be the one who bites it by the end of the series.

Yep, way to take the gravitas out of your best book.

Apples and oranges. You say po-tah-toe, I say po-tay-toe.

There's speculation that Psylocke gets a solo series. We'll find out on Monday.
Cool Wouldnt mind a Psylocke Solo.
I really hope they don't announce any future plans for anyone not Wolverine on the UXF squad before Remender's run is completed, since a lot of speculation right now is for Psylocke to be the one who bites it by the end of the series.

Yep, way to take the gravitas out of your best book.
Yeah good point. The suspense of whos going down next plays a big role while reading.

Yeah good point. The suspense of whos going down next plays a big role while reading.
Pssssssssssssssssssst. Don't let anyone see you agree with me. It's bad for your rep. :o

Cool Wouldnt mind a Psylocke Solo.
I'd be interested if Remender was writing it, or someone like Yost. She's my favorite X-woman, but I don't know how much story she has to tell outside of a team setting. But I wish we could know more about All-New X-Men cuz with the end of UXF I don't know what Betsy will be doing besides wasting time in Wood's X-Men if that still sticks around.

Humphries & Garney Take On "Uncanny X-Force"

thumbnail.php

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41053

During Marvel Comics' teaser blitz for a second round of Marvel NOW! titles, the publisher teased a series by Sam Humphries and Ron Garney related to the word "Killers." Today, Comics Alliance revealed the upcoming book as a relaunched version of the fan-favorite "Uncanny X-Force." With Rick Remender leaving the title after issue #35, Humphries is set to enact a new status quo for both the title and the team.

"This is not any cast that I think anyone can say they've ever seen before. This is not a classic Wolverine, Rogue, Colossus line-up," Humphries told Comics Alliance. "It's definitely a new mix of characters thrown together in ways that they really have never encountered each other before. The group that we start off with right off the bat is Psylocke, Storm, Puck and Spiral, and we have a few more characters joining the group in the first few issues. In my mind, all those characters are wild cards. They're all strong personalities, they're all strong in terms of their powers, they've all got dark secrets and they've all got a rebellious streak. That to me is a really attractive part of the book, being able to balance all those character dynamics at once."

Humphries further noted that the focus of the series would be on Psylocke, who likely survives the events of Remender's "Final Execution" story arc currently running in "Uncanny X-Force,"

"I think it's fair to say that Psylocke is a survivor. She's someone who rises above her complicated past and the tragedy and figures out what's best for Betsy," said Humphries. "I can't spoil anything, but at the end of Rick's run, we leave Betsy in one situation, and in the first issue of my run, we pick up six months later, and Betsey is definitely in a life transition point. It's kind of being in that moment that kicks off the events of that first arc."

The writer noted that he plans on taking the book in his own unique direction that spins out of Remender's run, but distinguishes itself in a new way.

"Nobody wants to see me try and continue X-Force as a watered-down version of Rick Remender," said Humphries. "Rick asked questions in the book and addressed them. There's nothing left for me to continue, but it would not be an enjoyable experience for anyone involved, for the readers, for Rick, for me or for Marvel. No one would come out pleased. This spins directly out of the events of Rick's run, but it takes the concept of X-Force, the mandate of the book and the characters down a new path with a new focus."

The "Uncanny X-Force" announcement comes following another X-Force-related title, "Cable and X-Force" by Dennis Hopeless and Salvador Larroca.

"Uncanny X-Force" by Sam Humphries and Ron Garney launches January 2013

TWO COMICS WITHOUT WOLVERINE, I'LL SHOUT IT AGAIN THAT'S TWO COMICS WITHOUT WOLVERINE!!!!!!!!

In all honesty do we really need 2 X-Forces?

Psylocke, Storm, Puck and Spiral. What the hell kind of line up is that.

Well that's just confusing....

Just when I thought Marvel Now was gonna streamline the X-lineup they have to go and do something like this. I'm calling it. Next series to be announced:

Jubilee and the Uncanny X-Factor Force!

Starring: Jubilee, Wolverine, X-23, Daken, Cable, Bishop, Rachel Summers Askani Mother, Rachel Grey Marvel Girl, and Mammomax. "Just when you thought you knew the X-Men, you don't know s#@!!"

Call me Marvel. I work for cheap.

Last edited:
Humphries is a pretty solid writer. I'll hold off on the *****ing until I've given the first issue a flip through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"