Comics The Official GAMBIT Discussion thread - Part 1

GAMBIT2012016_COV.jpg

GAMBIT #16
JAMES ASMUS (W)
CLAY MANN (A/C)
• Who is Gambit’s friend Fence? How did they meet? And what secrets is he hiding?
• To save those dear to him, Gambit must attempt the impossible – and he’ll need all of his thieving skills to succeed!
• The past is gone but not forgotten in this explosive penultimate issue!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

how is the quality of this series? I didnt know Gambit had one these days, I might check it out if its good (although I dont know if its being published on Spain..)

Who said it was ending? It would have said series finale if it was... not just penultimate. *crosses fingers*

Well, hate to burst your bubble squeeks, but penultimate does mean "second to last", so issue 17 will be the last one.

Then someone needs to die a horrible death. :argh:

What a shame. Easily my favourite `xbook`the last couple of months.

GAMBIT2012013_DC11_LR_2e02b.jpg

GAMBIT2012013_int_LR-1_af2ea.jpg

GAMBIT2012013_int_LR-2_1c19c.jpg

GAMBIT2012013_int_LR-3_ee580.jpg

GAMBIT2012013_int_LR-5_de1a9.jpg

GAMBIT2012013_int_LR-4_6e059.jpg

GAMBIT #13
JAMES ASMUS (W)
DIOGENES NEVES (A)
Cover by CLAY MANN
• GAMBIT may be in over his head…
• JOELLE, the woman he’s fighting to save, the one he may be falling for, is on the brink of death. But could the secret she’s been keeping be the key to her survival?
• Meanwhile, Gambit’s former flame and current Uncanny Avenger ROGUE must decide whether she’ll help him save Joelle or bring him in.
• And the villainous TOMBSTONE? Well, he’s willing to cut down any and all of ‘em to get what he wants…
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

So any word on Gambit in the new X-men movies?

Nooooo! They are ending the Gambit series????? I need to grab as many copies as I can when I head back to the US next week!

You won't regret it, it's been a great book. I am sad to see it go. :( It's way better than the Wolverine relaunch by far.

GAMBIT2012017COV_col.jpg

GAMBIT #17
JAMES ASMUS (W)
CLAY MANN (A/C)
• Gambit’s latest solo series reaches its climactic conclusion!
• Torn between his separate lives - mutant hero and master thief – Gambit is forced to make a choice between the two, with major consequences for what comes next!
• But he better make his choice fast - because he’s trapped at the center of a deadly super-villain riot! (And a few of them may have scores to settle with Gambit himself.)
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

I like that last cover. :)

GAMBIT2012014-DC11-LR-27034.jpg

GAMBIT2012014-int-LR-1-b5530.jpg

GAMBIT2012014-int-LR-2-e5736.jpg

GAMBIT2012014-int-LR-3-d0119.jpg

GAMBIT2012014-int-LR-4-c5dcd.jpg

GAMBIT #14
JAMES ASMUS (W)
DIOGENES NEVES (A)
Cover by STEPHANE ROUX
• Unable to go to his agents at MI13 for help, Pete Wisdom calls in his favor and tasks Gambit with recovering a stolen enchanted artifact.
• And if this cover is any indication, this task is right up the Ragin’ Cajun’s alley!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

this all makes it sound like Remy's leavin the X-Men after this series is over
That would make me a sad panda

how long until he'd be lost in limbo
and I highly doubt, if he thinks the X-Men are too heroic for him, that he'd end up an avenger

He better not end up in limbo. :argh: It's better than him being killed off ... but not by much.

yeah idk, I think I'd rather a dignified death than limbo-status for one of my favorite characters...
that said, I'd prefer neither

Death is too final (most times). At least with limbo someone else can dust the guy off down the road and use him properly.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=47504

Jumping into some fan questions for the week, gambitaab asks, "with 'Gambit' and 'Astonishing X-Men' ending, where can Gambit finds expect to see him next? I feel like he would be a great fit in Aaron's new Amazing X-Men book."

Alonso: We have big plans for Gambit, gambitaab -- and they involve a team he's never been a member of before.

Although this comic said otherwise to the unity squad I smell Avengers of some sort as they have what seems like more than15 teams running about at the minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"