One Year Later Analysis

Dwarf lord

Spirit in the Night
Reaction score
I didn't see this here, so sorry if there is already a topic on this. But I'd like your feed back on all the one year later titles. What's good about them. What's bad. And what ones are you going to continue reading. This is almost like a bought/thought thread, except for the past month, rather than one week. Mine will be up later.

your sig blows. it was batman's plan in the begining, blue beetle was just there cause he can see brother eye.

Batman/Detective Comics
Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis
Green Arrow
Teen Titans
Robin
Green Lantern
Blue Beetle
The Flash
JLA
JSA
Checkmate

I've dropped Nightwing for now, I'm not liking where the story is going thus far. Especially with Jason now going after the woman Dick spent the night with in the beginning of OYL in issue #118. If it starts to pick up again, then I'll add back into my pull list.

Also, you put Teen Titans twice on your poll.

Green Arrow, Outsiders, Nightwing, Blue Beetle. I'll be picking up the TPBs of pretty much the rest though.

Teen Titans
JLA
Batman/Detective comics

GoldenAgeHero said:
your sig blows. it was batman's plan in the begining, blue beetle was just there cause he can see brother eye.

you're thinking of the wrong story... and the wrong Blue Beetle.

Teen Titans is on the poll twice

I'll just be sticking with the ones I was reading before: Green Arrow, Teen Titans, and JLA

Could you edit the poll and take it out?

Im really torn between which batman comic to get. Batman will have a story about son of the demon in it which I own. But DC will have Dini writeing so hmmm I want to buy both but I can't. Oh teen titans is good too I really like where there going with it.

Lackey said:
why can't you buy both?
Well I buy more than 23 comics a month not counting minis so im tring not to buy to many.This one year later is killing me really that and the big events im big events out. Im not even going to buy marvels events because of it.

deathshead2 said:
Well I buy more than 23 comics a month not counting minis so im tring not to buy to many.This one year later is killing me really that and the big events im big events out. Im not even going to buy marvels events because of it.

cut some stuff out of your list.

GoldenAgeHero said:
cut some stuff out of your list.
I can't all the other books I like to read:( Thankfully YA and ultimates are ending soon.

I might be missing some but:

Batman/Detective
Superman/Action
Teen Titans
JSA
Robin
Blue Beetle
Catwoman

I've been getting a lot more but I haven't decided what I'm going to do with those yet.

I'm going to drop Nightwing

I'm looking forward to ION, JLA, Flash, Wonder Woman, Shadowpact, 52, Checkmate, the Spectre mini-series, and a few others.

GoldenAgeHero said:

They were talking about Ted Kord and that was before Jamie Reyes showed up.

I haven't gotten my first OYL books yet but I'm gonna buy the Batman and Superman crossovers and I'm gonna continue on them when the next teams comes on. I've ordered Nightwing, Checkmate and Ion too.
I'm also buying the first issues of WW, JLA and Flash to test out the new teams.

I'm also going to buy GL, Teen Titans, JSA and probably GA in tpb.

Don't do Nightwing, it is basically the only OYL book that completely blows :o

Batman said:
Batman/Detective Comics
Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis
Green Arrow
Teen Titans
Robin
Green Lantern
Blue Beetle
The Flash
JLA
JSA
Checkmate

I've dropped Nightwing for now, I'm not liking where the story is going thus far. Especially with Jason now going after the woman Dick spent the night with in the beginning of OYL in issue #118. If it starts to pick up again, then I'll add back into my pull list.

Also, you put Teen Titans twice on your poll.

i agree with your list also include the green lantern corps on there.

I don't think JSA and JSA: Classified should be lumped together. I know for sure I won't be buying Hawkgirl, that book sucked ass. I might be dropping Green Arrow, Outsiders and Nightwing, all three titles were really weak. I added Catwoman, Manhunter and Firestorm.

My definites would be...

Batman/Detective Comics
Blue Beetle
The Flash
Justice League of America
Superman/Action Comics
Robin
Shadowpact
Teen Titans
Wonder Woman

I'm sorta on the fence with Supergirl and Aquaman. But at the moment, Supergirl is sorta on, and Aquaman's sorta off. :o

What did I drop? Green Arrow, Green Lantern, and Nightwing. GA's not bad, but for me it seemed to have gotten really repeatative; GL's been, sadly, mediocre for its entire run; and I thank god I dropped Nightwing before Jones' first issue.

I'm buying everything except Firestorm and Hawkgirl. Though I may drop Nightwing.

Batman + Detective, Superman + Action, Teen Titans, Nightwing, other (Ion an' Flash)

Why does everyone bash on nightwing so much?

Well, I don't know about everybody else, but it's just not that interesting to me. Kinda boring. Although others are pissed about Nightwings seeming newbishness all of a sudden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"