The Incredible Hulk's True Size

FhFgJg

Civilian
Reaction score
After seeing the pick of Blonsky standing next to Hulk i ask myself....are they overshooting Hulk's height a bit much once again? i mean I remember from old comic cards Hulk being listed at 7'2" tall. But in this new picture he looks more to being around 9-10' tall.

Has Hulk ever been variable heights in the comics? I can't recall. If there is a thread for this already please feel free to shut this one down, i just saw none to discuss it.

The hulks size is always changing from issue to issue, http://en.marveldatabase.com/Height_Scale this site has the hulk at 7ft, 7"6ft, 8ft. I think for the movie 9 foot tall is perfect, considering how many people in the world are 7 foot plus now, the hulk needed to be that bit bigger to get the impact of something unnatural imo.

The tallest man that has ever lived was 8'11". I always thought the Hulk should be taller than any human ever.

Size doesn't matter. It's how you use- err... I mean, yeah, the Hulk's size matters. He's like I dunno, 8 feet tall (?).

:rolleyes:

I've heard that Hulk won't go any taller than 9 feet in this movie, which is his general height in the comics right now. I'm glad, that was one of my biggest complaints about the last movie. They made him like 15 feet tall which was overkill.

Hulk is supposed to be big, but not a damn giant.

I've heard that Hulk won't go any taller than 9 feet in this movie, which is his general height in the comics right now. I'm glad, that was one of my biggest complaints about the last movie. They made him like 15 feet tall which was overkill.

Hulk is supposed to be big, but not a damn giant.
i think if giant man gets his movie he should be the size of angs hulk so he is no too tall and it seems a lil bit more believable

His official height from inception was over 7", so for the way Kirby drew him it was fairly accurate. The problem is that most artists have taken liberties with that. Mike Deodato Jr. is my favorite Hulk artist bar none, but I'd never try to convince anybody that he draws the Hulk at anything below 9" tall. Want an example? Just look at this pic Louis Leterrier has on his MySpace:

1197720307lzj2.jpg

Amazing Hulk photo, but if you think he's 7" tall in it you should probably work on your sense of scale.

On a parting note, here's a fun fact: While many think that a 15" tall Hulk would be unable to move in our world, neither would a 9" tall Hulk. The most plausible height for Hulk would be Kirby's rendition, around 7". Just a little something to think about when academics try to tear into comic books about inaccuracy.

I really don't know how they will explain how 32" waist size jeans morph into 100" waist size jeans. That is just impossible! Hulk should be a bit smaller... Too much

I think the height this time is fine.
And if anyone is concerned by the face-off pic remember that Tim Roth is quite short.

I think the height this time is fine.
And if anyone is concerned by the face-off pic remember that Tim Roth is quite short.

Yeah true, he's only 5"7 and with those army boots on about 5"9 so still under 6 foot.

The Hulk has kinda evolved at different points, given Gamma power-up's and mutations over the years. He's gone from being 6' 6" 900 lbs. when he was Grey, 7' 1000 lbs. as the savage, and is currently listed at the Smart Hulk size at 7'6" 1150 lbs. My personal belief is that Modern Hulk Stats should list him as 9 ft. tall, 1500 lbs. If I draw the Hulk, thats usually the scale I keep him in. Some artists have too much artistic liberty, and it's the failure of the editors to reel them in. Deodato was pretty infamous in my eyes for getting Liefeld like in his Anatomy. Deodato was kinda like a cracked out Todd McFarline, and I dont mean that in a good tone. The guy just went nut's while drawing the Hulk to scale in his Bruce Jones issues. Sometimes he would look decent, and next thing you see is Hulk literally Kong sized Holding two women in one hand. But a couple of my favorite Hulk artists also had that problem too (notably Dale Keown)

From what I'm hearing, kick gut is more apt.

9 ft sounds about right for a creature of his nature. The smallest I could see him would be 8 ft. As Nivek states he is shown as 9 ft at least in most of the drawings. He is generally a chest and head higher then all the humans around (and I mean the tall ones). Relative to Collossus, he had almost a head on him. However he was drawn to be the same height as the Juggernaut.

It would be kind of weird if the Hulk who can lift mountains would be smaller then many basketballers if he was only 7 ft.

Lets not forget the Hulk was designed as 7 ft in a time when 5'8 was above average. It is not the case today.

he looks tall, ya, probably about, 8' ½”- 9', there
but, thats still a big difference, from...

there's no way this puny dude will be thrwoing any sorts of tanks...he looks like he could squeeze into a mini...

completely underwhelming...

let's hope his action does th talking.

Size doesn't matter. It's how you use- err... I mean, yeah, the Hulk's size matters. He's like I dunno, 8 feet tall (?).

:rolleyes:

LOL!!! PERFECT!!!

Obviously we found what was too big in the first movie… The pants were TOTALLY ridiculous stretched out that far. This is plausible I believe.

Here’s how we can end these debates.

2 TV shows need to have an Incredible HULK week to go along with the movie.

Mythbusters – They construct a devise to expand from a 32” waist or whatever size Ed is, with baggy jeans, out to the proper HULK size, at the same time also trying to retain the proper coverage for the green brute.

Smash Lab – Need I say more? They could see what the HULK’s leaping would do on the landing! Construct a model in the proper size that weighs about 1100lbs. and drop it from a crane in the 5 story range down onto a parking lot/street.

The Hulk is a myth that the Busters can't bust.

there's no way this puny dude will be thrwoing any sorts of tanks...he looks like he could squeeze into a mini...

Hulk is not Kong, Giant Man, Mighty Joe Young, or whatever giant monster you think he should be.

Hulk has always relied more on his strength, rather than his size, I don't see why that should be any different in this movie.

Hulk is not Kong, Giant Man, Mighty Joe Young, or whatever giant monster you think he should be.

Yeah, he's not but I feel that it's better when he's taller. Many people don't like the fact that he was 15 ft tall but I do.

The Hulk has kinda evolved at different points, given Gamma power-up's and mutations over the years. He's gone from being 6' 6" 900 lbs. when he was Grey, 7' 1000 lbs. as the savage, and is currently listed at the Smart Hulk size at 7'6" 1150 lbs. My personal belief is that Modern Hulk Stats should list him as 9 ft. tall, 1500 lbs. If I draw the Hulk, thats usually the scale I keep him in. Some artists have too much artistic liberty, and it's the failure of the editors to reel them in. Deodato was pretty infamous in my eyes for getting Liefeld like in his Anatomy. Deodato was kinda like a cracked out Todd McFarline, and I dont mean that in a good tone. The guy just went nut's while drawing the Hulk to scale in his Bruce Jones issues. Sometimes he would look decent, and next thing you see is Hulk literally Kong sized Holding two women in one hand. But a couple of my favorite Hulk artists also had that problem too (notably Dale Keown)

I want to see pictures of this Hulk. I've always wanted to see a Godzilla sized Hulk. :wow:

I've always gone the basic - Hulk's size and strength vary with his rage..

The madder = the bigger & badder..

:bh:

And the pants..?

Can't we just look past that, it was always going to be a factor, you can't have the Hulk's massive green wang thwopping about in a battle or if he goes for a run, let the Emerald Giant keep his pants ON..

Maybe the Gamma radiation that he emits when he changes, stretches & alters the dye to make them huge and purple..?

but really, was anyone expecting no pants for him..?

does anyone want no pants on him..?

then drop it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"