Transformers Optimus Prime and his sword

Lane Myer

Civilian
Reaction score
I just watched the film for the 3rd time tonight. I was just wondering about the sword Optimus Prime uses. He uses it once but then he never gets it out again. Could he not have used it against Megatron? It's not like he was exactly beating him. Anyone else have any idea?

I thought the same thing. I'm sure a lot of people did. He also could've used his shotgun more too.

He was definitely showing a lot of unexplained restraint against Megs. Maybe the "brother" theorists might be on to something?

He might have been holding back also, in fear for the safety of the humans around them.

The whole fight bothered me. It didn't seem like Optimus Prime wanted to take out Megatron at all. Maybe he was just on the defensive to protect Sam?

What really confused me was the fact that the Autobots were fighting the Decepticons, but as SOON as Megatron appeared they issued a retreat (listen, they actually say "It's Megatron! RETREAT!"

So they just left Optimus Prime to deal with Megatron directly? They never explained any type of direct order from Optimus about this.

The Autobots (except for Optimus) are afraid of Megatron AND Starscream for that matter

Maybe he used restraint against Megatron, b/c of how crowded it was in the city, and it looked pretty bare on the freeway

Maybe he used restraint against Megatron, b/c of how crowded it was in the city, and it looked pretty bare on the freeway

It looks like it. I think they want to retreat to avoid more confrontation and destroy the city in the process.

Yeah it is difficult for Prime to fight full on (like the Bonecrusher fight) if there is a chance humans could be hurt.

I am not sure what he was doing though, he seemed to be keeping Megatron at bay for no reason at all. There was never a plan for Sam to stick the Allspark in Megatron's chest the plan was "if I can't defeat Megatron then you must put the Cube in my chest" but he never even tried to defeat Megatron. Then there is the whole 'hang on if Prime gets killed by killing himself then Megatron will be loose to cause all manner of destruction on Earth'.

Very, very odd.

A crowded city is an advantage for the Decepticons sure, but it was obvious Prime simply could not handle Megatron. He was too dominant. It's difficult to get fancy with the sword when he's being tossed around like a doll.

?What really confused me was the fact that the Autobots were fighting the Decepticons, but as SOON as Megatron appeared they issued a retreat (listen, they actually say "It's Megatron! RETREAT!"
Because they didn't want to get ripped in half.

So they just left Optimus Prime to deal with Megatron directly? They never explained any type of direct order from Optimus about this.
Prime wasn't present at the time to give orders. He showed up after Jazz's death.

I just watched the film for the 3rd time tonight. I was just wondering about the sword Optimus Prime uses. He uses it once but then he never gets it out again. Could he not have used it against Megatron? It's not like he was exactly beating him. Anyone else have any idea?

No, using the same weapon twice in a movie is boring. ;)

his sword doesn't bother me as much as the gun. He used his gun once to stop megs cannon. but it would have come in handy one of those times megatron just tossed him away like a piece of garbage.

with the sword, he'd have to be up close anyway, and I don't think Megatron's gonna be bested by it like Bonecrusher was.

A crowded city is an advantage for the Decepticons sure, but it was obvious Prime simply could not handle Megatron. He was too dominant. It's difficult to get fancy with the sword when he's being tossed around like a doll.

Because they didn't want to get ripped in half.

I would bet money the sucker couldn't rip Ironhide or even Ratchet , the problem was Jazz = too small . It was just like a human ripping a bird or something like

The whole fight bothered me. It didn't seem like Optimus Prime wanted to take out Megatron at all. Maybe he was just on the defensive to protect Sam?

What really confused me was the fact that the Autobots were fighting the Decepticons, but as SOON as Megatron appeared they issued a retreat (listen, they actually say "It's Megatron! RETREAT!"

They do it when Starscream arrives too ("fall back!"). When troops encounter air superiority- which both Starscream and Megatron have in spades- they HAVE to fall back and regroup... else they're sitting ducks. You didn't get the whole "Air Force" nuances in the movie? Tyrese's whole role as an Air Force soldier was to help coordinate the AF air attacks.

I would bet money the sucker couldn't rip Ironhide or even Ratchet , the problem was Jazz = too small . It was just like a human ripping a bird or something like
Why couldn't he? sure they're bigger than Jazz, but it doesn't mean much considering he still dwarfs them. It would probably just take him an extra second or two than he needed with Jazz to rip them.

Why couldn't he? sure they're bigger than Jazz, but it doesn't mean much considering he still dwarfs them. It would probably just take him an extra second or two than he needed with Jazz to rip them.

No no I'm sure he'd need at least 3.. 1 second to talk some ***** to them before he obliterates them.

I look at it like, "Prime's sword is SO bad-A, I wouldn't want to see it overused." :up:

It took me a few seconds to realise what prime had done to bonecrusher and then i was like, sweet look at that sword.:wow: But yeah I think he could of used it against Megs as it is a close quarters weapon and wouldn't have put that many humans at risk :huh:

It took me a few seconds to realise what prime had done to bonecrusher and then i was like, sweet look at that sword.:wow: But yeah I think he could of used it against Megs as it is a close quarters weapon and wouldn't have put that many humans at risk :huh:

I would only have wanted to see that if Megs had tried to shake Prime off of him and had to fly all the way back to Hoover Dam to do it...and then transformed out of his jet mode and broke out that mace...:cwink:

Did he have the classic Prime Cannon ?
Yes, he shoots Megatron with it when Megatron is attepmting to blast Prime. And as for Prime using the blade against Megatron, if you notice at the endm when the military drops Megatron into the ocean, he is missing a leg. Prime does trip Megatron at the end of their fight, might have used it then.

I think i've got it wrong but the same goes for Megatron. Why didn't he used his ball and chain against Optimus :huh: :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"