Transformers Optimus Prime and his sword

Yes, he shoots Megatron with it when Megatron is attepmting to blast Prime. And as for Prime using the blade against Megatron, if you notice at the endm when the military drops Megatron into the ocean, he is missing a leg. Prime does trip Megatron at the end of their fight, might have used it then.

That's what I thought I saw the last time I watched the movie. Prime tripped megatron, that's why Sam got to Megs chest so close to release the all spark.

I think i've got it wrong but the same goes for Megatron. Why didn't he used his ball and chain against Optimus :huh: :woot:
He used it to destroy the rooftop that Sam was clinging to, but with a weapon like that you need room to move. Once he was down between the buildings he just didn't have the room to get a good swing going. Prime probably didn't use his sword for the same reason, plus he didn't want to harm any humans by destroying buildings they were in or under any more than he had to.

>^..^<

I just watched the film for the 3rd time tonight. I was just wondering about the sword Optimus Prime uses. He uses it once but then he never gets it out again. Could he not have used it against Megatron? It's not like he was exactly beating him. Anyone else have any idea?

I think his energy axe needed to be recharge . And that's why he didn't use it .

Why couldn't he? sure they're bigger than Jazz, but it doesn't mean much considering he still dwarfs them. It would probably just take him an extra second or two than he needed with Jazz to rip them.

It's cool that Megatron is considered all that bad ass , and he's supposed to be , coz he is the ultimate villain and all but .........

Ironhide is like 27 feet , Megatron is 33 feet How come he dwarfs him ? If they fought sure in the end Megatron could destroy him maybe easily , but no way like grabbing him and ripping , he probably couldn't even take his weight

There's almost a 10 ft difference between the two (Megs 34ft, IH 26ft), that is not a small margin. Prime's weight was not an issue, Ironhide's won't be. The thing is, I just don't see any evidence that Ironhide could not be ripped (being bigger than Jazz is not enough, as Megatron is much bigger than both); whereas Megatron's portrayal hinted to me that he could. He'd just need a bit more time IMO.

Cuz he was too busy kickin primes arse all over the city!

Exactly. It's like if your winning a fist fight, why bother pulling out a gun; just to waste bullets.....?

Prime did not get ONE dam shot in on Megs, not ONE. I have the bootleg version of the dvd and Prime gets owned from top to bottom, and back to front. There's even a quick close up shot of Megatron kicking Prime in the head, which looks damn brutal! Could it be, that by scanning earth alt modes and not staying in their true forms, that somehow that weakens TF's? It would explain how Megs was stronger, and was owning everyone up until they started tag teaming his ass; he was the only TF in his Cybertronian form. Cybertronian might equal stronger as their in their purest forms.

Exactly. It's like if your winning a fist fight, why bother pulling out a gun; just to waste bullets.....?

Prime did not get ONE dam shot in on Megs, not ONE. I have the bootleg version of the dvd and Prime gets owned from top to bottom, and back to front. There's even a quick close up shot of Megatron kicking Prime in the head, which looks damn brutal! Could it be, that by scanning earth alt modes and not staying in their true forms, that somehow that weakens TF's? It would explain how Megs was stronger, and was owning everyone up until they started tag teaming his ass; he was the only TF in his Cybertronian form. Cybertronian might equal stronger as their in their purest forms.

I've heard this theory before and it could be the case but they portrayed megs as this overload on cybertron so i'm assuming he's naturally that strong.

There's almost a 10 ft difference between the two (Megs 34ft, IH 26ft), that is not a small margin. Prime's weight was not an issue, Ironhide's won't be. The thing is, I just don't see any evidence that Ironhide could not be ripped (being bigger than Jazz is not enough, as Megatron is much bigger than both); whereas Megatron's portrayal hinted to me that he could. He'd just need a bit more time IMO.

I see this discussion is getting nowhere .... we are even disagreeing in the bloody heights ........ Thought I stand saying , it would be not logical for me , Megatron alone ripping a robot like Ironhide , I mean he would even first have to lift him and yada yada yada

I just ask for a while , how many meters is 1 feet ?

And there is any official thing bout the robots height , just for curiosity ?

Prime should have used his sword against Megatron. Yet another plothole.

I just watched the film for the 3rd time tonight. I was just wondering about the sword Optimus Prime uses. He uses it once but then he never gets it out again. Could he not have used it against Megatron? It's not like he was exactly beating him. Anyone else have any idea?
yeah I think it would of made his fight with Megatron alot more easy if he had used it.

The reason Megatron went after Jazz was because he was acting leader. Kill the leader to cause confusion in the troops. Prime did say that Jazz was his second in command.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"