Orphan Black

Congrats to her she is more than deserving for the award

anyone that can play multiple roles as well as she does with all of her clone characters deserves the award...

good for YOU, Tatiana...

She really is killing it on that show. That has to be an amazing endurance trial for an actor, and she really has made it look easier than it could possibly be. Can't wait for season two!

What everyone else has said. She deserves it. I think Toni Colleti(sp) is the only other actress who can pull off multiple characters so well.

Just started watching this. On ep 6 ...love it!

This was the best show that nobody watched. Cannot wait for season 2.

Would hardly say that nobody watched it. Critics loved it and viewership only went up as it went on. I think I saw that the season one finale was second only to Game of Thrones in social media ratings among scripted shows.

Dancing in the club...with the tail! lol...:eek:

Finished the season. Sad to see Helena go, but i guess 'proclone' is going to be the big bad next season.

Can't wait for season 2.

Last edited:
Would hardly say that nobody watched it. Critics loved it and viewership only went up as it went on. I think I saw that the season one finale was second only to Game of Thrones in social media ratings among scripted shows.

ABC Family's Pretty Little Liars dwarfs all shows on Twitter.

Live viewership of Orphan Black actually went down throughout the season.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orphan_Black#Season_1_.282013.29
1.03 million tuned in for the premiere and 0.376 million viewers for the season finale. I'm sure it does well with DVR.

Catching up in Canada, it aired on cable in the spring and now on network TV up here. The co-production parent company, Bell Media, airs it on two of their channels in Canada. Loved the show, one of the few new dramas that I looked forward to and it actually has kept me interested and exceeded expectations (Hannibal and House of Cards are the other two). Maslany is outstanding and hopefully word of mouth will help grow the series. They need to get it on Netflix this winter to help build ratings just like it helped grow Breaking Bad.

Last edited:
Just started watching this. I think it's awesome.

Glad to see some Orphan Black love on the boards! I just watched the whole of Season 1 and LOVED it! Tatiana Maslany has blown me away... (as has the production - only once or twice was the editing/cg obvious) most of the time I totally bought that I was watching two people.

Orphan Black has easily been my favourite TV series in 2013. I'm surprised by just how good it is and still amazed by the lead actor's skills. The Helena impersonating Sarah scene was brilliant. There was something "off" about her posture or body language which indicated that it wasn't Sarah, but it wasn't obviously Helena either.

I love all the clones - but most impressed with how they handled Helena, yeah, she was bat **** crazy but she had a thought process to it; her obsession with Sarah and confused family roles etc; was heart breaking and super creepy. Sad to see Helena go! Especially after ....

Dancing in the club...with the tail! lol...:eek:

This was the best show that nobody watched. Cannot wait for season 2.

I agree, I've been telling everyone to watch it when it gets it UK premier this week. The show is FAR better than I imagined and cannot wait for next season!!!!

In announcing that production on Season 2 of the acclaimed (though not acclaimed-enough) Orphan Black starts today, BBC America also confirmed some returning players.

In addition to busy, busy Tatiana Maslany (as Sarah, Allison, Cosima et al), Jordan Gavaris (Felix), Dylan Bruce (Hot Paul) and Maria Doyle Kennedy (the mysterious Mrs. S), Kevin Hanchard and Michael Mando are set to reprise their respective roles as Unnamed City Detective Art and Sarah’s violent yet forever mutilated ex, Vic.

No huge surprises, but still, good info to know. Additional casting for Season 2, which bows in April 2014, will be announced in the coming weeks.

The network’s official synopsis for the clone drama’s sophomore run, meanwhile, reads:

“Season 2 hits the ground running with Sarah in a desperate race to find her missing daughter Kira (played by Skyler Wexler). Her scorched earth tactics spark a war with pro-clone Rachel, dividing and imperiling all the clones. As Sarah discovers more about her past, mysterious newcomers appear, but can they be trusted?”

http://tvline.com/2013/09/25/orphan-black-season-2-cast/#more-461524

This episode is a little bit of just blabbing on, but I promise it will be more on point.

Ugh, I also noticed that I say ''like'' a lot. I need to stop that. Damn nerves.

Last edited:
Orphan Black is inducting three new members into The Clone Club in Season 2, including Connie Britton’s on-again/off-again Nashville squeeze and a former Nikita Big Bad.

Michiel Huisman, who plays Rayna’s producer/lover Liam on Nashville (and who also assumes the role of Daario Naharis in Season 4 of Game of Thrones), joins the BBC America hit in the recurring role of Cal Morrison, a rugged, resourceful outdoorsman with surprising emotional depth and a sixth sense about people and situations. Cal will need all his wits and humanity as he crosses paths with the clones. His journey will be fraught with surprise, danger, and revelations he could never see coming.

Additionally, Peter Outerbridge — best known to TV audiences as Nikita‘s evil (and deceased) Ari — will recur as Henrik “Hank” Johanssen, a mercurial modern-day cowboy. Johanssen leads a flock of followers that have broken away from the old world “Prolethean” brotherhood. Under his messianic vision, the age old divide between science and religion has merged, forming a new and formidable threat.

Lastly, up-and-comer Ari Millen (Rookie Blue, Nikita) will appear in multiple episodes as Mark, a cunning predator with a dark edge. Mark is utterly devoted to Johanssen, who took him in and built him into a true believer in the cause. Now, guided by twisted morality and desperate faith, he’s a relentless and dogged pursuer of the clones.

Season 2 of Orphan Black is currently in production and is slated to premiere in April 2014.

http://tvline.com/2013/10/11/orphan-black-season-2-michiel-huisman-cast/

Finally watched the last episode, this show exceeded my expectations. Helena was the most interesting villain since Gus Fring. [BLACKOUT]Shame to see her go out but it could become cartoon villain territory if she returned next season and would be cause trouble [/BLACKOUT] Can't wait for the second season!

Just watched all ten episodes in 2 days. That was amazing...

Tatiana is magnificent, not only is she playing 4 different characters... she's playing a character playing a character most of the time. Really want Art to come around to her side. Ms. S. is sketchy as all get out. I fear they're going to pit the clones more against each other.

Does anyone else think Felix could be Prince in a biopic, uncanny resemblance?

Can't wait for season 2.

I finished watching the first season last month. Definitely recommendable. :up:

Just saw a promo commercial for season 2 during the Doctor Who special re-air, naming the official start date:

4/19/14 at 9pm.

Just watched all ten episodes in 2 days. That was amazing...

Tatiana is magnificent, not only is she playing 4 different characters... she's playing a character playing a character most of the time. Really want Art to come around to her side. Ms. S. is sketchy as all get out. I fear they're going to pit the clones more against each other.

Does anyone else think Felix could be Prince in a biopic, uncanny resemblance?

Can't wait for season 2.

Yes, Felix could play Prince.

Tatiana is amazing. She projects so much with body language that you always know which clone she is playing, even when she is playing a clone playing a clone.

Is this being aired in the UK? I know it's a BBC production, but it seems to be an American/Candian first type of deal.

And is it popular over there?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"