Homecoming Out with the amazing and in with the Marvel Lounge - Part 10

Well, to be fair, he was thrust onto Amazing in the middle of the Clone Saga... not exactly anyone's best work.

Although near the beginning, he delivered the monumental ASM #400, one of the best Spider-Man single issues ever IMO.

Shame it was undone during that Gathering of the Five crap. :rolleyes:
It led to us having The Talk, I can excuse that crap for that very simple reason.

Fellow Spidey fans...I need your assistance on the Deathmatches: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=519593

You may not know this, but it was the hype for Raimi's Spider-Man 3 that first brought me to the hype, so I feel a certain kinship with those longing for the character's return to the heights that Raimi elevated our modest superhero.

I'm asking for the vote of everyone in this forum, whether you've enjoyed Raimi's work (or Marc Webb's) as much as I have, or have been critical of his work but see its potential for greatness. I'm posting my request here because I want you to keep this in mind:

In a season of deathmatches where you're like to have your inbox and visitor messages flooded with PMs requesting a vote...I'm not gonna do that. I've found it annoying in the past, and so I wouldn't put any of you here through it.

Thank you.

^This message is sponsored and approved by Spider-Aziz.

I like the idea of her as Jonah Jameson jr's stepmom.

And yet they've done nothing with that! There's been a little manufactured tension between Jamesons Sr. and Jr., but no sort of a relationship/conflict/acknowledgement of existence between May and Jonah since the wedding.

Oh well.

Wow. Whoa. That is some group of posters. Thousands.

That’s really nice. A wonderful forum, the Hype.This is beyond anybody’s expectations. There’s been no crowd like this. And, I can tell, some of the candidates, they went in. They didn’t know the air-conditioner didn’t work. They sweated like dogs. Jokes, sweated like a dog. How is he going to beat PBUs? I don’t think it’s gonna happen.

Our forum is in serious trouble. We don’t have victories anymore. We used to have victories, but we don’t have them. When was the last time anybody saw us beating, let’s say, Shadowboxer in a deathmatch? They kill us. Reek beats Shadowboxer all the time. All the time. Today, we had a victory. Reek gave us a victory. It's true.

Our enemies are getting stronger and stronger by the way, and we as a forum are getting weaker. Even our ban hammers don't work. These previously banned users, they come in, and they just take. The previously banned users are going to take over the Hype, ComingSoon.Net and somebody else will get the superhero fandom. Think of it. Previously banned users are taking over the Hype, and they’re taking it over big league. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don’t know what’s happening. And it’s got to stop and it’s got to stop fast. Mark my words, nobody would be tougher on PBUs than Reek.

Now, our forum needs — our forum needs a truly great leader, and we need a truly great leader now. We need Reek now. The Hype dream might be dying, but Reek's gonna bring it back. This is just a taste. Reek's gonna make the Hype great again!

#Reek2016!

tumblr_ljeeysRvpM1qf8kb8o1_500.gif

Hey guys, just letting you know that I had a user name change :)
my old one was DerSpider-Boy, now it's changed to Spider-Ranger
It's combining my two greatest passions when it comes to movies/television!

Some years ago I was known as Goran, which is my real name

Last edited:
spider-man and walker texas ranger?

Hey guys, just letting you know that I had a user name :)
my old one was DerSpider-Boy, now it's changed to Spider-Ranger
It's combining my two greatest passions when it comes to movies/television!

Some years ago I was known as Goran, which is my real name
I like the new name better than the previous one. :)

Gotta tell ya, I don't give 2 craps about Power Rangers but "Spider-Ranger" is a pretty dope name. And appropriate, given the upcoming films for each. You must be very excited.

I most definitely am!
We got five Spidey movies already, but I'm still overly excited to see what marvel's got in store for us with Homecoming.

And a new Power Rangers movie has been my dream for over two decades! It's crazy we're finally getting one

Last edited:
Itchy my man, took me a while to look at your avatar and see it's from a panel from the Amazing Spider-Man annual 01.

I most definitely am!
We got five Spidey movies already, but I'm still overly excited to see what marvel's got in store for us with Homecoming.

And a new Power Rangers movie has been my dream for two over decades! It's crazy we're finally getting one

Glad for you! I can't wait to see Homecoming either lol. Who knows, I may end up seeing Power Rangers. The cast is certainly promising.

Itchy my man, took me a while to look at your avatar and see it's from a panel from the Amazing Spider-Man annual 01.

Yessir! That pesky size limit rule keeps it at microscopic dimensions for now, but I'll update once my post count is up. Good eye!

I'm especially disappointed that the caption can't be read. "Available practically nowhere!" :lol: Stan was a hoot.

Yessir! That pesky size limit rule keeps it at microscopic dimensions for now, but I'll update once my post count is up. Good eye!

I'm especially disappointed that the caption can't be read. "Available practically nowhere!" :lol: Stan was a hoot.
Helps being as big a fan of the character as I am. :D

And the caption he wrote in Spidey comics are glorious and fun to read, added to the comics charm. Too bad his captions for other characters is nowhere near as fun.

Helps being as big a fan of the character as I am. :D

And the caption he wrote in Spidey comics are glorious and fun to read, added to the comics charm. Too bad his captions for other characters is nowhere near as fun.

I haven't read a whole lot of other Silver-Age Marvel, I couldn't make it through the first few issues of Avengers, though I think he did good with the Fantastic Four (obviously). I think early Spidey was definitely the pinnacle of Stan's writing career though. The first 60 issues or so are just awesome.

I haven't read a whole lot of other Silver-Age Marvel, I couldn't make it through the first few issues of Avengers, though I think he did good with the Fantastic Four (obviously). I think early Spidey was definitely the pinnacle of Stan's writing career though. The first 60 issues or so are just awesome.
I love Stan's run on Spidey from start to end.
:ff: is unique, it's really good.

The rest of his work is interesting ideas, but a lot of the same whiney, goes to swashbuckler alterego and cracks jokes, and both the hero and his crush are "Oh, how can I express I love thee out of mine inner monologue for the readers to read? If only I could tell you how I truly feel...'

I love Stan's run on Spidey from start to end.
:ff: is unique, it's really good.

The rest of his work is interesting ideas, but a lot of the same whiney, goes to swashbuckler alterego and cracks jokes, and both the hero and his crush are "Oh, how can I express I love thee out of mine inner monologue for the readers to read? If only I could tell you how I truly feel...'

Agreed. Stan had some incredibly amazing ideas, but I feel with some of his characters (certainly not all) other people had the definitive run on them. Simonson on Thor, Busiek on Avengers, Peter David on Hulk, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"