Paramount Dumps Tom Cruise

jimmylace said:
But then of course I read this:

"Hubbard claimed that psychiatrists were an ancient evil that had been a problem for billions of years. He cast them in the role of assisting Xenu's genocide of 75 million years ago. In a 1982 bulletin entitled "Pain and Sex", Hubbard declares that pain and sex were the INVENTED TOOLS of degredation," having been devised eons ago by psychiatrists "how have been on the (time) track a long time and are the SOLE cause of decline in this universe."

It's official. The man needs help.

Well there have been reports by Mimi Rogers that near the end of their marriaged he believed in being celibate.

jimmylace said:
I like cruise as an actor, and he has been in some incredible films-in fact my favourite movie of all time is one of his......but I also think that the main reason for his slide in popularity is blown out of proportion by the media.
The guy in the UK that squirted him with a water pistol (show ironically called balls of steel) looked absolutely petrified when cruise pulled him up. fair play- the guy deserved it and cruise never pressed charges.
The oprah "fiasco," big deal-it really wasnt that bad, just a little cringeworthy.

The big thing for me is the support of scientology-which truly is by all definitions an insidious and potentially dangerous cult. Why doesnt cruise believe in psychiatric drugs?
I thought he had a point, he almost swayed me with a simple argument. "the ideal situation is not to be on drugs, and I dont think that there is enough scientific evidence to validate their use"-I'm paraphrasing, but still....I thought well...fair enough.

But then of course I read this:

"Hubbard claimed that psychiatrists were an ancient evil that had been a problem for billions of years. He cast them in the role of assisting Xenu's genocide of 75 million years ago. In a 1982 bulletin entitled "Pain and Sex", Hubbard declares that pain and sex were the INVENTED TOOLS of degredation," having been devised eons ago by psychiatrists "how have been on the (time) track a long time and are the SOLE cause of decline in this universe."

It's official. The man needs help.
They actually believe that?

Only at the higher-levels are they allowed access to this "secret" it's brainwashing. nice and slowly they ease people in. Whether cruise believes it or not, no-one knows for sure, but it would seem a strange coincidence.

I used to think that scientology was relatively harmless affair until I had a major debate on aintitcool with a few people that made good arguments against scientology. I may try to find the conversation(s) and post them in here...really interesting stuff.

EDIT: d'oh, aintitcool have deleted a number of their old talkbacks.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"