Paramount Pictures developing Sonic the Hedgehog movie

Very surprised at that, thought it would do great over there, Corona wouldn’t have helped of course.

I still think a lot of folks are still gun shy to go back to the movies. plus the movies been on demand on the internet since March, the people who've wanted to see it have seen it. Plus for China who like the big spectacle...this movie didn't really have it.

The sequel is already locked in for April of 2022. Everything the movie makes now is just gravy really.

I still think a lot of folks are still gun shy to go back to the movies. plus the movies been on demand on the internet since March, the people who've wanted to see it have seen it. Plus for China who like the big spectacle...this movie didn't really have it.

The sequel is already locked in for April of 2022. Everything the movie makes now is just gravy really.

I would say nothing is a lock right now because of COVID-19.

Movie has been out on demand and digital for a long time. Since the pandemic hit hard. Not surprised at all. Most people have seen it

Movie has been out on demand and digital for a long time. Since the pandemic hit hard. Not surprised at all. Most people have seen it
I don’t buy that as a major factor seeing as Intersellar(which has been on digital and demand far longer than Sonic) is flourishing in the Chinese box office. I just think Sonic is one the IP’s that just don’t catch on in China, similar to Star Wars.

Last edited:
Netflix just *officially* announced
ab480d3a64e8a0e4b7b239fd59d1c41abcf10ece.jpg

The history of the Sonic Franchise in OG Genesis Days/Pre Adventure is actually kinda interesting because because you have each of the three SEGA divisions (Japan, US, & Europe) pretty much making their own canon. And how it really wasn't till Sonic Adventure that everything became truly homogenized. Amy became the token female of the franchise, even though for the most part she was an unknown to most western audiences because not many people had Sonic CD or played a lot of the ancillary arcade games that featured her over Sally who was the Co-lead in SATAM and was in the Archie comics.

Sonic canon ends at S&K for me in my head. 3D blast was a horrible game that made me dump the franchise. Never cared for/was interested in anything afterwards, and reading plot summaries I am ok with that decision :funny:

With Mario coming out in a few weeks it looks like Mario is going to attempt to dethrone the Blue Blur Speedster box office numbers.

Bringing back the rivalry from decade ago from Nintendo and Sega. Ultimately the real winner of this matchup is us the fans.

We get to witness two different franchise get their stories told on the big screen for our enjoyment.
Super Mario Bros and Sonic Cover copy.png maxresdefault (9).jpg

With Mario coming out in a few weeks it looks like Mario is going to attempt to dethrone the Blue Blur Speedster box office numbers.

Bringing back the rivalry from decade ago from Nintendo and Sega. Ultimately the real winner of this matchup is us the fans.

We get to witness two different franchise get their stories told on the big screen for our enjoyment.
View attachment 63372 View attachment 63373
Mario will make a billion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"