Part III (Spoiler Thread)

Short answer: everything
So far, to me, compared to ROTS, in Obi-Wan Kenobi the acting lacks intensity for most of the characters, the story lacks interesting dynamics, the environments are less interesting, the fights are more bland and less engagingly shot, and the music is more boring. So far, nothing is over ROTS, to me.

So far, to me, compared to ROTS, in Obi-Wan Kenobi the acting lacks intensity for most of the characters, the story lacks interesting dynamics, the environments are less interesting, the fights are more bland and less engagingly shot, and the music is more boring. So far, nothing is over ROTS, to me.

The acting in this show is 100% better. The dialogue is better. Things in this show don't look like poor CGI garbage just floating around for no reason. Character motivations are better. This show is just a million times better than ROTS. ROTS is garbage

All I know is Hot Toys should release a TCW accurate Anakin and a Obi-Wan accurate Vader, and then I can have all the Anakins fight for supremacy. My money is on TPM Annie. He has a speeder he can run the others over with. :o
Actually it's a podracer, you fake fan. :o

The acting in this show is 100% better. The dialogue is better. Things in this show don't look like poor CGI garbage just floating around for no reason. Character motivations are better. This show is just a million times better than ROTS. ROTS is garbage
I think ROTS had less strong acting, as strong acting, and more strong acting than this does. So, it's not better, to me.

I think the dialogue isn't particularly better or worse, as a whole. In my opinion the dialogue in this is more often than not bland at best.

Calling CGI garbage doesn't make it bad in ROTS, in that way. On the flipside, I think the design of a lot of the stuff in this is bland, uninteresting and uncreative.

Again, nothing I've seen so far, leads me to thinking any of the character motivations are better. What's better about them?

I think ROTS had less strong acting, as strong acting, and more strong acting than this does. So, it's not better, to me.

I think the dialogue isn't particularly better or worse, as a whole. In my opinion the dialogue in this is more often than not bland at best.

Calling CGI garbage doesn't make it bad in ROTS, in that way. On the flipside, I think the design of a lot of the stuff in this is bland, uninteresting and uncreative.

Again, nothing I've seen so far, leads me to thinking any of the character motivations are better. What's better about them?

I call the CGI in ROTS bad because it is bad. The movie looks like a green screen. Nothing is real. It is garbage. The PT films are some of the worst visual vomit ever on screen IMO. At least, AOTC and ROTS are. As for the acting, there is no acting in Kenobi worse than the garbage Padme and Anakin scenes. Script for ROTS was awful and nonsensical.

Sorry amigo, feel free to enjoy what you want but Kenobi is the superior product thus far in every way a show or film can be in comparison to another one. Not even close

I’m… not??

Yeah, I'd really rather not.

Clearly, you've never played Star Wars CCG. God, that lore text blew me away back then.

How this series handles its female characters is multiple levels above ROTS. Just as a baseline.

Which reminds me, watching Obi-wan trying to get Leia home makes me think Bail really should have gotten ahold of Sabe instead of Obi-wan. And not just because Darth will die happy with a Kiera Knightly Star Wars series.

Clearly, you've never played Star Wars CCG. God, that lore text blew me away back then.

How this series handles its female characters is multiple levels above ROTS. Just as a baseline.

Which reminds me, watching Obi-wan trying to get Leia home makes me think Bail really should have gotten ahold of Sabe instead of Obi-wan. And not just because Darth will die happy with a Kiera Knightly Star Wars series.
It's actually, Keira, you ruffian. :argh:

But yes, please, and thank you.

I call the CGI in ROTS bad because it is bad. The movie looks like a green screen. Nothing is real. It is garbage. The PT films are some of the worst visual vomit ever on screen IMO. At least, AOTC and ROTS are. As for the acting, there is no acting in Kenobi worse than the garbage Padme and Anakin scenes. Script for ROTS was awful and nonsensical.

Sorry amigo, feel free to enjoy what you want but Kenobi is the superior product thus far in every way a show or film can be in comparison to another one. Not even close
Apparently not everyone agrees. But even if it was bad, that doesn't make what this show does better, in what I think is bland, uncreative and uninteresting settings and environments.

I said that I think ROTS has lesser strong acting than it, as strong, and stronger. I've yet to see anything that hits the highs of ROTS from a performance standpoint.

You don't decide superior in any of that. You haven't presented a reason why it's better. Just what you like and dislike.

As someone who loves ROTS flaws and all, I have to agree here. Ewan has always been good as Obi Wan, but acting wise he's really shining in this show, selling the panic and desperation amazingly.

Plus, it's cool to see Hayden wearing the suit and still manage to evoke the fearful presence of Vader.

As someone who loves ROTS flaws and all, I have to agree here. Ewan has always been good as Obi Wan, but acting wise he's really shining in this show, selling the panic and desperation amazingly.

Plus, it's cool to see Hayden wearing the suit and still manage to evoke the fearful presence of Vader.
I think Ewan is one of the few allowed to put on a real performance in this show. That doesn't mean I think peformances, all around, are better. I think the highs of ROTS hit higher, while this, to me, is fairly Disney bland, like a lot of their Star Wars things and Marvel products as well. I think, at best, it'll end up being consistently... eh.

I mean, you do you I guess, but I have to at least give them kudos for keeping Vader as brutal as he is. Showing him force-snapping that kid's neck was terrifying, especially for something out of Disney.

I look forward to the behind the scenes. They are clearly doing something in the audio with Vader's voice. Vader with the Inquisitors was Vader classic. But when he confronted Obi-wan, it was Jones' voice, but something about how it was coming out was reminiscent of Christenson.

Hyperbole much?

The opera, Padme's ruminations, Order 66, the lightsaber duel, the Immolation scene...

You do realize, the entire reason we're getting this version of Obi-Wan is mainly because of Revenge of the Sith.

It might not be your bag, but it obviously is the biggest influence on this show.

Apparently not everyone agrees. But even if it was bad, that doesn't make what this show does better, in what I think is bland, uncreative and uninteresting settings and environments.

I said that I think ROTS has lesser strong acting than it, as strong, and stronger. I've yet to see anything that hits the highs of ROTS from a performance standpoint.

You don't decide superior in any of that. You haven't presented a reason why it's better. Just what you like and dislike.

The very definition of superiority is doing something better. You also haven't presented reasons. You have presented preferences. Same as me. So your argument holds no water about not providing reasons. Saying "I thought this was good about ROTS" isn't providing a reason.

Give me dynamic backgrounds that have less stuff in it but look real over green screen crap spewed all over the place that has no purpose other than to be shiny balls for cats, and ones that are poorly worked into those backgrounds at that and look fake.

On the acting front, the performances outside of the Emperor are basically bad in ROTS. At least the Emperor has fun chewing scenery, but everyone else is reading lines and no one has chemistry. In Kenobi, everything is just more believable and done better. Characters illicit emotions from me. ROTS only ever illicit laughter from me. Vader in Kenobi, scary. Vader in ROTS, a joke. A meme. I felt more tension watching Obi-Won run for his life than I did watching the same characters whack at each other with fake looking lava everywhere on dueling columns.

Again, like what you like amigo. But you won't convince me that ROTS has any qualities where it is better than Kenobi at this point.

Last edited:
I look forward to the behind the scenes. They are clearly doing something in the audio with Vader's voice. Vader with the Inquisitors was Vader classic. But when he confronted Obi-wan, it was Jones' voice, but something about how it was coming out was reminiscent of Christenson.
I'm super curious. Some of the deliveries in that scene just don't sound like Jones' usual acting choices, even in his more recent appearances - but they do sound a lot like Christensen ones. If he's acting with his voice, that'd be very cool and a much more interesting use of the tech than emotionless AI Luke.

Hyperbole much?

The opera, Padme's ruminations, Order 66, the lightsaber duel, the Immolation scene...

You do realize, the entire reason we're getting this version of Obi-Wan is mainly because of Revenge of the Sith.

It might not be your bag, but it obviously is the biggest influence on this show.
I would say Rebels and ANH (you've all beaten me down, happy?!?!) are every bit as big an influence on this show. Heck, this time period Vader is lifted from Rogue One, with his castle and such.

They credited James Earl Jones so I have to at least assume they used some AI to generate his voice. Maybe Vader delivering his lines more like Hayden's was an intentional choice.

Hyperbole much?

The Anakin vs Obi-Won duel I hated. It looks like fake garbage, is too long, and is just the very definition of waaaaaay too much excess. But this show being something I like doesn't make me like ROTS anymore at all. ROTS is still the same trash movie. Sometimes you can make sequels after a bad movie, so in this case here, Kenobi is just that....a sequel to ROTS that doesn't suck and is better than what came before. Future good doesn't make past bad good

Last edited:
I think Ewan is one of the few allowed to put on a real performance in this show. That doesn't mean I think peformances, all around, are better. I think the highs of ROTS hit higher, while this, to me, is fairly Disney bland, like a lot of their Star Wars things and Marvel products as well. I think, at best, it'll end up being consistently... eh.

Eh. I actually love Revenge of the Sith so I'm with you on your love for it. But I mean I don't know, if you're saying Obi-Wan is bland, I have no idea what your barometer is. On exception of some of the production values looking a little cheaper because it's a Disney+ show, I think what we're getting feels VERY much in spirit to Revenge of the Sith. I'd argue the acting is better on the show and Hayden is thus far able to give a better performance as Vader than he was allowed to in ROTS. Ewan is amazing on this show, better than in the prequels and I LOVED him throughout those films.

I quite love this show so far.

Eh. I actually love Revenge of the Sith so I'm with you on your love for it. But I mean I don't know, if you're saying Obi-Wan is bland, I have no idea what your barometer is. On exception of some of the production values looking a little cheaper because it's a Disney+ show, I think what we're getting feels VERY much in spirit to Revenge of the Sith. I'd argue the acting is better on the show and Hayden is thus far able to show a better performance as Vader than he was allowed to in ROTS.

I quite love this show so far.
Okay, while I'm totally digging Hayden here, I do find this kind of hilarious. Because you know, he's in the suit, with the vocal synth. :hehe:

And to make clear, I'm a fan of the PT and this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"