Patty Jenkins Confirmed to Direct Thor 2

Well, she'll be reading a lot of Thor comics to get inspiration for the battle scenes. :)

I'm sure she'll get lots of help with the action. Isn't there a crew for that??

Yes. Second unit director and fight choreographers work wonders.

I'm amazed at all the sexist bile spewing from the SHH! main page, AICN and even Toldja! comments denouncing her. Jenkins is NOT Catherine Hardwicke or Lexi Alexander for that matter. She can actually direct actors, and she got two amazing performances from Charlize Theron and Christina Ricci in Monster. If she can get anything close to that with Hemsworth, Portman, Hiddleston, and (hopefully) Anthony Hopkins -- then she gets a big thumbs-up of approval. (I actually think Jenkins' involvement will get more supporting actors back when pre-production begins.)

And people act like Kathryn Bigelow is the only chick who can direct macho action movies (and they mostly approve her because she was married to James Cameron for a while). Give Jenkins a chance, people.

Comments from SHH main page and AICN can never be taken seriously.

I'm amazed at all the sexist bile spewing from the SHH! main page, AICN and even Toldja! comments denouncing her. Jenkins is NOT Catherine Hardwicke or Lexi Alexander for that matter. She can actually direct actors, and she got two amazing performances from Charlize Theron and Christina Ricci in Monster. If she can get anything close to that with Hemsworth, Portman, Hiddleston, and (hopefully) Anthony Hopkins -- then she gets a big thumbs-up of approval. (I actually think Jenkins' involvement will get more supporting actors back when pre-production begins.)

And people act like Kathryn Bigelow is the only chick who can direct macho action movies (and they mostly approve her because she was married to James Cameron for a while). Give Jenkins a chance, people.
wow, you reeled me in and lost me in a single post. agreed on giving jenkins a chance though.

I have my doubts about Jenkins not because she's a female director, but because nothing in her resume shown that she can do an action movie on the level of Thor. But I hope she'll surprise me and all other naysayers with Thor 2; the last thing I want is a bad sequel that derails this great character.

Basically any director that isn't a fan favorite will get vitriol from random fanboys, especially if they're a female or a non-white guy. That's like the first thing they tend to aim for to express their disapproval.

I don't really get the "you need an action director" idea. I mean, action is pretty easy to work out. It takes a director of great skill to get a great performance and tell a great story. The action just sort of sorts itself out usually because of the writers.

Patty seems to me to be the sort of director who really gets how to tell a story so everythings is just dandy :yay:

I don't really get the "you need an action director" idea. I mean, action is pretty easy to work out. It takes a director of great skill to get a great performance and tell a great story. The action just sort of sorts itself out usually because of the writers.

Patty seems to me to be the sort of director who really gets how to tell a story so everythings is just dandy :yay:

Well the action in Thor was fairly good, but you could tell that Branaugh wasn't used to shooting action scenes.

They're were some scenes in the Frost Giant battle that were a little to "up close", they could've been shot a little more coherently.

She might have been the cheapest.

I don't think Marvel is going for the ''cheapest''.
They probably believe in her potential to deliver a great movie.

Tom Hiddleston Shares His Thoughts On New Director For THOR Sequel!
Talking more about Loki's role in Joss Whedon-directed comic book adaptation The Avengers, actor Tom Hiddleston also shares his thoughts on Patty Jenkins helming THOR sequel. Check it out...

Now that Disney and Marvel Studios have finally revealed that Patty Jenkins will be directing THOR sequel, one of the actors who is already confirmed to reprise his role in the film is Tom Hiddleston, playing the God of Mischief. Talking to StrictlyCinema.com he shared his thoughts on the new director, plus talked a little bit more on Loki's role in Joss Whedon's The Avengers.

On Patty Jenkins directing THOR sequel, he said:

"[She is] an absolutely amazing director" and that 'Monster' is "one of my favorite films. I'm so excited that Marvel has given the reigns to a director who has such of an incredible grasp of story, performance and complexity. I think her handling of the characters and the arc of the story in 'Monster' and what the story is about on the whole is really, really fascinating. I'm sure it's going to take us on another adventure somewhere that's entertaining and funny in some capacity, and the fact that Patty is at the helm is really, really exciting."

Me too. And I'm positive the Avengers will do wonders for this sequel.:cool:

Weren't there the same doubts on Kenneth Branagh directing "Thor"? I think I remember people said that he can't handle action scenes, he's more directing drama an Shakespeare. But then he did a great job.

Please tell me when I'm completely wrong.

So I'll give her a chance. Marvel makes usually unusual decisions.

Weren't there the same doubts on Kenneth Branagh directing "Thor"? I think I remember people said that he can't handle action scenes, he's more directing drama an Shakespeare. But then he did a great job.

Please tell me when I'm completely wrong.

So I'll give her a chance. Marvel makes usually unusual decisions.

Yeah, that's the point. Unless it's an obvious choice, there'll always be doubters.
It was the case with Branagh, Favreau, Raimi, etc.

Well, Tom Hiddleston seems to be enthusiastic about working with Patty Jenkins so that's good enough for me.

Question, since there are 9 worlds within the realm, what are the names and what inhabits them?? I know three and they're Asgard, Migrid (did I spell that right?) and...the one that starts with the letter J or better yet, the Frost Giant's home world.

Edit: Oops damn. Wrong thread but anyway, I hope we get more news but not right now since they're in the process of writing the script.

Question, since there are 9 worlds within the realm, what are the names and what inhabits them?? I know three and they're Asgard, Migrid (did I spell that right?) and...the one that starts with the letter J or better yet, the Frost Giant's home world.

Edit: Oops damn. Wrong thread but anyway, I hope we get more news but not right now since they're in the process of writing the script.

To answer your question:

Asgard - home of the Aesir (asgardian warrior gods)

Vanaheim - home of the Vanir (ancient race of gods)

Nidavellir - home of the Dwarves

Midgard - home of the poor humans, the weakest of all the races in the nine Worlds :(

Niffelheim - also known as Hel, home of the Death Goddess Hela

Svartalfheim - home of the Dark Elves

Alfheim - home of the Light Elves

Jotunheim - home of the frost, storm and rock giants

Muspelheim - home of the fire Demons, ruled by Surtur.

To answer your question:

Asgard - home of the Aesir (asgardian warrior gods)

Vanaheim - home of the Vanir (ancient race of gods)

Nidavellir - home of the Dwarves

Midgard - home of the poor humans, the weakest of all the races in the nine Worlds :(

Niffelheim - also known as Hel, home of the Death Goddess Hela

Svartalfheim - home of the Dark Elves

Alfheim - home of the Light Elves

Jotunheim - home of the frost, storm and rock giants

Muspelheim - home of the fire Demons, ruled by Surtur.

Thanks man. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"