Paul Dano is Edward Nashton aka "The Riddler"

This just keeps getting better and better. My favourite casting decision so far.

I mean film twitter don't like Jonah Hill

Pretty sure they love Mid90s, Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot, and The Wolf of Wall Street.

I have no clue what you are talking about.

ok I guess.. I saw him in the Brian Wilson biopic and I think he can do this film justice...

it's weird being a huge batman fan and kind of well being intrigued and confused by many of the casting decisions

LOL does it make me a bad Batman fan that I had no idea the Edward Nygma had any other name?

I mean, besides Coleman Reese. :o

Pretty sure they love Mid90s, Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot, and The Wolf of Wall Street.

No, HE is not well liked. Look it up

Anyways, wonder why Matt/Warner wanted Hill so badly when there was Paul Dano lol

Oh My God... they got Klitz from 'The Girl Next Door' as The Riddler. Excellent.

giphy.gif

Wow, didn't see this coming but it's so perfect! Now I'm even happier that Hill passed on this.

Man, given how awesome Dano was in the preacher scenes in There Will Be Blood, I really hope they adapt parts of that one comic where Riddler was hosting an underground game show in which he publicly destroyed people. I think the story was just called "The Riddler" and it was one of the darkest, best takes on the character, IMO. And I think Dano could be amazing if he's used in that capacity.

Great choice!

Funny considering I finally got around to watching Swiss Army Man. I don't think I've ever seen him put in a bad performance. He'll do great as The Riddler.

I don't care. You need to stop quoting me with this.
I just said why people are excited with good reason. Next case

:funny:

Good lord, settle down now.

This is perfect. He's an amazing actor to boot. He's wonderful in Prisoners and There Will Be Blood. A couple of my favorite films in the past twenty years. I think Hill could have been great, but this is just as great in its own way where Dano just fits the bill.

Shooting in London. Oh, God. I can't get too excited about this.

I guess the only thing that slightly annoys me is the change of the name to Nashton. That always came off to me as overthinking comic book logic and trying to hide from it with these silly last names and always missed the point, opting for something more serious. They should be embraced. But whatever, I can get over it, and something that annoys me outside this context. In this context, I think there's potential to do doing something interesting with that if they're making a noir film. It seems they could really be going for a John Doe type of thing. Just as long as it's not taken too seriously. I hated the stupid Hype suggestions of him being like Jigsaw over the years. What utter ****.

Last edited:
The cast for this is brilliant. Now lets get Adam Driver for Scarecrow

This is the first piece of casting that I can immediately 100% visualize. Dano is practically perfect for this role.

Yeah totally. With Pattinson and Kravitz, I've had to sit with their castings a bit and wrap my head around them in the roles, while with Dano and Wright , I could totally see it from the jump.

He’s so wimpy looking. He’s the perfect pretend punching bag for Robert Pattinson.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"