Paul Dano is Edward Nashton aka "The Riddler"

Yes. Riddler outside of his kill suit should look like always has. Neatly dressed. There’s absolutely nothing to suggest that he can’t be clean cut underneath that military outfit. It’s the same way Zodiac got around undetected.

A guy that takes the time to put on a forensics suit under his kill suit and surgical gloves making sure not to leave any trace of DNA at a crime scene is going to be some dirty scraggly basement dweller? I don’t buy that.

I don’t buy it either. I don’t want him to be too grungy at all. To me Riddler is a total neat freak. Obsessively compulsive even. I’m kinda down for whatever but when I think of Edward, I don’t think of Ledger’s Joker minus makeup or scars. Nope.

Something like this at the very least then. I like the idea of him always wearing a green jacket or hoodie when he's out in public, like it's a staple of his wardrobe now that he's getting all this attention or rather, his actions are getting all this attention.

20210105_233814.jpg

Not sure why everyone always draws him with glasses.
Jus cuz he's smart I guess. But he pulls it off so well that I don't have a problem with it. I also feel like it's sometimes used to replace the domino mask in some versions.

I’ve always hated the unnecessary nerd stereotype for Riddler. As if someone with a high IQ can’t wear a nice tailored suit and contacts if needed. Also, Riddler doesn’t need to hide in public, because he is completely hidden in the outfit he kills in. He looks a lot less suspicious that way. I’m not interested in Paul Dano playing as Paul Dano. I want to see him as The Riddler.

I always kind of imagined him hiding in plain sight and only gets excited and comes out of hiding for Batman.

I don’t buy it either. I don’t want him to be too grungy at all. To me Riddler is a total neat freak. Obsessively compulsive even. I’m kinda down for whatever but when I think of Edward, I don’t think of Ledger’s Joker minus makeup or scars. Nope.
I definitely think OCD is a major component to the Riddler and I feel Reeves will show that.

I'd say 50% of the time. Usually not if he has the domino mask though, which would look pretty silly with glasses over it. Maybe he has contacts on then.

4600821-riddler_tv.png

3413448-2013-10-31_00003.jpg

2347489-batman_au_030_12.jpg

1876684-arkham_riddler_3.jpg

1800373-r45.jpg

1531939-riddler_k.jpg

1531764-joker_riddler_5.jpg

1531768-j_02_028.jpg

the-riddler-zagadochnik-dc.jpg

ishot-2444_zps73080b1b.jpg

I'd say 50% of the time. Usually not if he has the domino mask though, which would look pretty silly with glasses over it. Maybe he has contacts on then.

4600821-riddler_tv.png

3413448-2013-10-31_00003.jpg

2347489-batman_au_030_12.jpg

1876684-arkham_riddler_3.jpg

1800373-r45.jpg

1531939-riddler_k.jpg

1531764-joker_riddler_5.jpg

1531768-j_02_028.jpg

the-riddler-zagadochnik-dc.jpg

ishot-2444_zps73080b1b.jpg
Not even close to 50%, but an idea pushed only over the last few decades to replace the domino mask that still gives him a sort of distinct facial feature. A nice pair of sunglasses would be cool, but I could do with or without them. A small question mark branded, scarred or tattooed under his eye would be cool too. It would give him a Bond villain vibe.

Not even close to 50%, but an idea pushed only over the last few decades to replace the domino mask that still gives him a sort of distinct facial feature. A nice pair of sunglasses would be cool, but I could do with or without them. A small question mark branded, scarred or tattooed under his eye would be cool too. It would give him a Bond villain vibe.
I can't really see that working for this particular Riddler. Feels like more of a Joker thing in this universe if I'm being completely honest, but I don't hate that idea in and of itself for Riddler. Sounds very Bermejo-esque

We already know that The Riddler costume in this movie has glasses? What are we talking about?

I don’t want to argue what percent it is, but Riddler wearing glasses has undeniably been featured in many versions of the character, including the one in this movie.

I can't really see that working for this particular Riddler. Feels like more of a Joker thing in this universe if I'm being completely honest, but I don't hate that idea in and of itself for Riddler. Sounds very Bermejo-esque

My thing is that I try to keep in mind that this is a Riddler that we’ve never seen before. His outfit alone shows just how different he is. Though, I also try to imagine new concepts and ideas that would evolve the character based on what we are seeing so far and not so much what we already know about him in the comics.

For example, Riddler is no stranger to scarring or tattooing himself by a long shot, so that’s not too unbelievable. Also, like John Doe would cut off his finger prints, that’s also strengthens my belief that this Riddler could mutilate himself in some way.

My thing is that I try to keep in mind that this is a Riddler that we’ve never seen before. His outfit alone shows just how different he is. Though, I also try to imagine new concepts and ideas that would evolve the character based on what we are seeing so far and not so much what we already know about him in the comics.

For example, Riddler is no stranger to scarring or tattooing himself by a long shot, so that’s not too unbelievable. Also, like John Doe would cut off his finger prints, that’s also strengthens my belief that this Riddler could mutilate himself in some way.
I totally get that mentality. It's just, idk, I usually associate face tats with the more "gang leader"-type villains like Joker.

And I could be completely wrong about this, but based off of what we've seen so far, this Riddler doesn't seem demented enough to actively mutilate himself just for self indulgence, but I COULD see him peel off his fingerprints like John Doe.

We already know that The Riddler costume in this movie has glasses? What are we talking about?
Probably the idea of this Riddler having some kind of question mark tattoo, scarring, or branding on his face.

I don’t get the deal with giving Batman villains tattoos and scars. It’s pretty clear Riddler in this will look more like Dahmer than Blofeld.

Why do people draw the version of The Riddler who is inspired by Zodiac with glasses?

View attachment 41917

Actually, I believe Zodiac didn’t even need glasses, because he said that’s just part of his disguise and that’s what he looks like when he “does his thing”. It made him look pretty average for a guy in that era.

You mean besides the fact that he is very clearly based on real life serial killers and Reeves has already shown things that incorporate iconography from famous true crime cases?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"