• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Rises Dark Knight Continued in Comic Form!!!

MyNameisAsh525

Civilian
Reaction score
So, ive heard that Smallville is getting another season...in comic form!

Why not make a bridge made to bridge the gap between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises? I would buy a series of comics where it is explained what happened between the two of these films. I would love to see further battles between Christian Bale's Batman and Heath Ledger's Joker. You can do so much with this! You can even have comics with other actor's faces as different Batman villains. I remember that one of the 007 video games for Gamecube featured this. Of course you may have to pay likeness rights.

I would like to see these villains in the comic with the likenesses of:

The Riddler - Leo Dicaprio
The Penguin - Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Poison Ivy - Katherine Heigl
Mr. Freeze - Arnold Swartz....umm, I mean, Patrick Stewart

and so on ....

This would be a great idea to get more adventures since Nolan is ending it all. I would love to see more of this Batman battling other , up to date, and realistic rogue of villains.

Apparently Batman took his ball and went home the night Harvey died.

that's not fair to the fans to say he hung up his cape after Harvey Died.......If so, then Bridge the gap between Batman Begins and TDK...tell stories about other villains between that time

You can't just use the likenesses of actors in a comic - it's theft. Besides, it's a comic, give the artist free reign in the design. Many comics are struggling these days, so wasting money on an image license or restricting creativity is not the way to go.

Another thing. We do not know Batman's status in the interim years between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. Can we wait for that knowledge before declaring that we need a comic?

You can't just use the likenesses of actors in a comic - it's theft. Besides, it's a comic, give the artist free reign in the design. Many comics are struggling these days, so wasting money on an image license or restricting creativity is not the way to go.

Another thing. We do not know Batman's status in the interim years between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. Can we wait for that knowledge before declaring that we need a comic?

oh....i See

Last edited:
The mods can see what you posted before you edited it. You were pretty rude. There are always going to be people who disagree with you, whatever you say. Learn to deal with it in a mature way.

The mods can see what you posted before you edited it. You were pretty rude. There are always going to be people who disagree with you, whatever you say. Learn to deal with it in a mature way.

yes, thank you for helping me to see where I was wrong. I now am ashamed

It's a terrible idea IMO, and can only attempt to cheapen the films, the story should be best left to Nolan, it's his story despite a few entitled fanboys claims that "Comic and fans take precedence over everything".

I also thought about this one time when i saw the omnibus with Indiana Jones comics, just like Gotham Knight served as a bridge between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, a comic servies serving as a bridge between The Dark Knight and THe Dark Knight Rises could be interesting, but it should be of quality.

Immoral Cactus said:

Huhm, what? Smallville, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, the Batman Begins comic adaptation, god, even many superman comics used the likeness of Christopher Reeve without his permission, with this why don't they simply ask him? There are so many examples of comics that use people's likeness, even the Angel: After the Fall comics use the likeness of real actors witouth their permission, and i'm talking about newlly created character that have the same face as actors from Lost and other shows.

Batman: Gotham Knight was quite good, and it was a continuation of Batman Begins, they didn't even have to use Bale's face, you can just draw the characters as they normally appear in comics but have the world seem like the one from the movies.

geez, fans can make things so complicated, if in the end of the day you don't like the comic you can even pretend it doesn't exist, i doubt Christopher Nolan even saw Gotham Knight, fans can watch it or not as part of his Batman trilogy, it's a mather of preferences.

A comic like that wouldn't ruin anything, if done well it could even be a good new adition to that universe

Batman: Gotham Knight was quite good, and it was a continuation of Batman Begins, they didn't even have to use Bale's face, you can just draw the characters as they normally appear in comics but have the world seem like the one from the movies.

Right, they didn't use the actors' likenesses, the artists portrayed them how they wanted to.

geez, fans can make things so complicated, if in the end of the day you don't like the comic you can even pretend it doesn't exist, i doubt Christopher Nolan even saw Gotham Knight, fans can watch it or not as part of his Batman trilogy, it's a mather of preferences.

I fail to see how giving the artists their own choice in character portrayal is in anyway complicating things. That's part of the freedom of comics; characters can be portrayed outside of the restrictions of life. Giving Mr. Freeze the face of Patrick Stewart doesn't do that ideal justice.

I also don't recall making a value judgement on the this hypothetical comic. If it gets made and if I don't like it, then yes, I'll ignore it. I never said the idea of a comic was in itself terrible.

A comic like that wouldn't ruin anything, if done well it could even be a good new adition to that universe

Just because there is a chronological gap to fill doesn't necessarily mean there is a narrative gap to fill. If there isn't, filling it regardless would actually be a disservice to the story. We just don't know yet, which is why I think discussions of a comic book of this nature are premature.

It's a terrible idea IMO, and can only attempt to cheapen the films, the story should be best left to Nolan, it's his story despite a few entitled fanboys claims that "Comic and fans take precedence over everything".
Agreed. I think TDKR will explain away that time period, not leaving a gap to fill anyway. Harvey died, Batman stopped sometime later and brooded away in Wayne Manor, avoiding the social scene.

This thread serves no purpose whatsoever. Besides, I hardly see how this fits in the spoilers section.

No thanks. I don't think I'd be interested in a comic like that.

There's a reboot coming up. Maybe if WB approaches the new Batman series as more a serial series, they can start developing some of the villains early in the series before they embrace their freak persona. Some can already be established, like Penguin and the Reaper.

So, no, I don't think so. There might would be some malcontents that oppose the Harvey Dent Act, which Gordon would have to deal with. That's about the most you could get out of those years, assuming the Dent Act is signed soon after TDK, before the 8-year gap.

I also thought about this one time when i saw the omnibus with Indiana Jones comics, just like Gotham Knight served as a bridge between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, a comic servies serving as a bridge between The Dark Knight and THe Dark Knight Rises could be interesting, but it should be of quality.

Huhm, what? Smallville, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, the Batman Begins comic adaptation, god, even many superman comics used the likeness of Christopher Reeve without his permission, with this why don't they simply ask him? There are so many examples of comics that use people's likeness, even the Angel: After the Fall comics use the likeness of real actors witouth their permission, and i'm talking about newlly created character that have the same face as actors from Lost and other shows.

How do we know the comics that use an actor's likeness are done without their permission, I imagine either in a clause in the orignal film contract or a new one for the comic adaptation, they get the approval to use their likeness. They had to get approval to use the likeness of the actors for the Batman Begins video game for instance, but apparently Oldman refused (he is the only major actor from the film who doesn't do voice work in the game); and if I remember correctly Gordon never physically appears in the game for that reason and is only briefly heard as a voice on the radio.

Also, given that Goyer was one of the writers and Emma Thomas an executive producer, I have to imagine Nolan was consulted in a general capacity about and later watched Gotham Knight. Though I do also feel it is up to fans to decide if that is part of the Dark Knight trilogy's continuity or not.

It's an interesting idea and I've always wanted to write my own stories within Nolan's world but I'm sure with how things go in The Dark Knight Rises, any further adventures would've had to have been in between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight...

Quoted for truth. As ironic as it seems, the reason for wanting continuation comics would be completely unsatisfied by having them. The reason why we would want them is have more of Nolan's Batman and to see Nolan's take on the rest of Batman's rogues gallery. But you won't get that. You'll just get some other, probably inferior, writer's attempt fill Nolan's shoes. It won't be a continuation of Nolan's Batman without Nolan, so why want it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"