DC TV Series Pennyworth - Batman Prequel gets series order at Epix

Great news! I was a little worried because it was on Epix, but it has gotten a great response from those who have seen it. For those who haven't, it's the kind of show that would be great to binge-watch.

If I hated Gotham is this worth a shot? I don't have Epix or I would have already tried it out of curiosity. I know it's not strictly related to Gotham but it's from the same producers.

If I hated Gotham is this worth a shot? I don't have Epix or I would have already tried it out of curiosity. I know it's not strictly related to Gotham but it's from the same producers.

I had no interest in Gotham but I loved this. It is very different from Gotham. Probably because the creators (who are also the writer and director) are British they had a lot of affinity for the time and setting (60s England) and they had a lot to draw from that they were familiar with.

I just finished season 1. It was very good!

...worry that it could be like Gotham, in that a lot of people were waiting for the final reveal of Bruce as Batman, and it turned out to not be very interesting. What's more interesting is what came before it with these type of prequel/Elseworlds shows. (I think 'Krypton' needed to focus less on Superman and more on its own story.)...

:up:

Pennyworth had confidence that its main premise - the adventures of a young ex-SAS soldier - was interesting in its own right. So no need to prematurely force the Batman mythos onto a story where it, as yet, has no logical relevance. In contrast, Gotham and Krypton seemed more "insecure" - inasmuch as they were quick to draw direct and often clumsy connections between the prequel material and the future superhero.

Pennyworth did it right. :word:

I just finished season 1. It was very good!

:up:

Pennyworth had confidence that its main premise - the adventures of a young ex-SAS soldier - was interesting in its own right. So no need to prematurely force the Batman mythos onto a story where it, as yet, has no logical relevance. In contrast, Gotham and Krypton seemed more "insecure" - inasmuch as they were quick to draw direct and often clumsy connections between the prequel material and the future superhero.

Pennyworth did it right. :word:
Gotham is about Gotham. I think more Batman characters are bound to be involved. Why do that kinda story without Batman characters?

‘Pennyworth’ Adds Five New Series Regulars As Production Begins On Season 2 – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: James Purefoy (The Following, Sex Education), Edward Hogg (Taboo, Harlots), Jessye Romeo (Curfew, In the Long Run), Ramon Tikaram (Brassic, The Victim) and Harriet Slater (Faunutland and the Lost Magic) are set as series regulars opposite Jack Bannon for the upcoming second season of Epix’s DC origin story Pennyworth, from Warner Horizon Scripted Television. Purefoy, Hogg and Romeo are new cast members for the upcoming season, and Tikaram and Slater, who recurred in season 1, have been promoted to series regulars. The 10-episode sophomore season began production in the UK in January at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden, with an eye towards a summer 2020 premiere on Epix.

Purefoy will play Captain Gulliver Troy. Alfie’s former SAS Captain, Gulliver Troy is a charismatic, cultured brute and a powerful man of appetites – whether that be drink, women or danger.

Hogg will portray Colonel Salt. A would-be despot masquerading as an obedient civil servant, Salt is a calculating killer, whether by pen or sword.

Romeo will play Katie Browning. An idealistic art student whose life is uprooted by civil war, Katie is righteous, defiant and wonderfully naive.

Tikaram is Inspector Victor Aziz. Season one’s charming, sardonic Inspector Aziz returns, keeping his clear head and dry wit even as London descends into chaos.

Slater is Sandra Onslow. Budding 60s starlet, Alfie’s on-again-off-again girlfriend, Sandra, is now resident singer in his club, with dreams of becoming the next Sandie Shaw.

In addition to Bannon, returning cast members for season 2 are Emma Paetz, Hainsley Lloyd Bennett, Ryan Fletcher, Dorothy Atkinson and Polly Walker, with Jason Flemyng and featuring multi-award-winning recording artist Paloma Faith.

Finished watching the season, damn is Alfred a bad***

I guess season 2 premiered back in December. But my local TV just started carrying it. Episode 1 seemed to be mainly setup. So far, so good.

Finished season two. A solid production and pretty entertaining. But a cliffhanger ending; and I haven't heard about a season three.

Interesting that...

...Bruce Wayne has -- or had -- an older sister.

:ebr:

Excited to finally watch the adventures of Bruce Wayne’s hot dad and these other characters.

Excited to finally watch the adventures of Bruce Wayne’s hot dad and these other characters.
Yeah looked up Ben Aldridge and quite a tasty dish.

Also no wonder I never heard of this show it was on ****ing Epix.

I am honestly surprised this wasn't cancelled sooner considering the lack of buzz. This was actually a really solid show for the most part though with some nice Guy Ritchie flavor that at least made it feel somewhat unique compared to all the other superhero/comicbook shows and movies out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"