• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superman Returns Perry & Richard White's relationship -- resolved

Hugh'sMrs

Civilian
Reaction score
From an interview James did for the X3 junket.

There's such a buzz going around about Superman Returns. Can you talk about your role and also working with Bryan?

James Marsden:
I play Richard White and it's Perry White's nephew. He's also engaged to Lois Lane. In Superman's absence, Lois is sort of moving on with her life with someone who is kind of Supermanesque. He's a pilot. He flies a plane. He's a great guy. He's very different from Scott in that he's very light and outgoing and friendly; not as serious as Cyclops. To be honest, Bryan called me and asked if I wanted to be in the movie and I said, "What role?" He said, "We've already cast Superman." I went over and read the script and I knew that it would hopefully work out schedule-wise with X-Men 3. I'm lucky that it did. To me, it's just about working with really great directors. But it's great, I feel very lucky to have done both. Obviously, I feel as safe in Brett's hands as I did in Bryan's.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/92/12792.php

Hugh'sMrs said:
From an interview James did for the X3 junket.

There's such a buzz going around about Superman Returns. Can you talk about your role and also working with Bryan?

James Marsden: I play Richard White and it's Perry White's nephew. He's also engaged to Lois Lane. In Superman's absence, Lois is sort of moving on with her life with someone who is kind of Supermanesque. He's a pilot. He flies a plane. He's a great guy. He's very different from Scott in that he's very light and outgoing and friendly; not as serious as Cyclops. To be honest, Bryan called me and asked if I wanted to be in the movie and I said, "What role?" He said, "We've already cast Superman." I went over and read the script and I knew that it would hopefully work out schedule-wise with X-Men 3. I'm lucky that it did. To me, it's just about working with really great directors. But it's great, I feel very lucky to have done both. Obviously, I feel as safe in Brett's hands as I did in Bryan's.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/92/12792.php

Thanks for the heads-up :up:

Marsden sounded like he wanted the role of superman.

Who could blame him?

Sounds likes he's got a nice part in SR though.

Thanks for the clarification. There it is straight from him just incase there was confusion still around.

Wow Ive never seen the a relative of the editor of the local newspaper date the love interest of the hero in a comic book film before!!!

Oh wait I just watched Spider-man 2 just now......Atleast Singer isn't just poaching off Superman: The Movie!!!

explode7 said:
Marsden sounded like he wanted the role of superman.

I'm pretty sure I read an article where he was quoted as saying he had auditioned for the part in one of its many previous incarnations.

The guy had NOTHING in XM3. Feel kinda bad for him. Talk about schedule conflict but I think his part in XM3 couldn't have taken more than 2 weeks to shoot.

Well this seems to debunk the rumor that Fox reduced his roll because he took a part in SR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"