Days of Future Past Poll:How do you want Bryan Singer to handle DOFP to other films

marvelrobbins

Avenger
Reaction score
I thought this would be good way to see how people would like Bryan Singer to
handle connection to other films

I picked option 5, because First Class contradicts X1/X2 as much as the other films (with who built Cerebro, age when Xavier and Magneto met, who his first students were). They may as well wipe the slate clean.

I went for option 2. I hope DOFP can fix all the inconsistencies between the movies and create a cohesive saga

I picked option 5, because First Class contradicts X1/X2 as much as the other films (with who built Cerebro, age when Xavier and Magneto met, who his first students were). They may as well wipe the slate clean.
This.

Assuming they will make more First Class films after dofp, I def would like it to have its own canon timeline by the end of this film.

Last edited:
As most gues I go with simply Ignoring the last Stand and Origins.That or using time travel to remove last Stand and Origins from cannon are most realistic possibiltys.

Very said majority of people want them to remove most films In franchise.

It depends what films they want to make after DOFP to me. If First Class will be the focused films then there would be forced storylines and continuity issues if it still leads into the original trilogy. A clear path for it would mean better movies without relying on what happens starting in X1.

If their intention was to make X4 and not more First Class sequels then I would say yeah ditch Origins and X3.

I just want a clear path for these films to branch out by the end and not a new messy timeline.

Last edited:
Doing that would mean no more wolverine films or anything with original cast.

If they try to have characters from original films a teenagers In late 1960's or early 1970's that would be a mess.Like trying to have rogue,Iceman,and Angel as teenages In early 1970's.

I dont think so, it would be a completely new timeline. How would that be a mess? They could essentially do anything they want. Logan could still pop up.

Like I said it really depends on what they want to do after this film to me. I have no problem with introducing a new Jean,Scott,Iceman,Rogue etc in a fresh First Class timeline thats not connected to X1. It could be the 80s, 90s or whatever. THe original cast is getting old. Magento and Prof X wil be in their 80s in less then a decade. The original cast only has maybe two or three movies more tops. Then what a full reboot?

Last edited:
That would be like In new star Trek films having Saavik fro Star Trek 2-4 or next generation
characters show up.You have to have rules.

That would be like In new star Trek films having Saavik fro Star Trek 2-4 or next generation

It has no rules right now. It makes stuff up as it goes along.

Its already been established Logan exists in First Class. If its a different timeline there is no reason it should follow the path to X1. It would defeat the purpose. They need a fresh start somewhere and First Class is their best option imo. As of right now we have nothing more in terms of information on where the franchise wants to go or continue, or how it will fix its problems.

If X4 is after this and thats there plan I have no problem with keeping the continuity of X1 and 2. But if they dont then I see zero reason to follow that path if the original tril actors will never return after dofp.

Last edited:

As def28 says, there haven't been any rules in the films until now. It's been one film at a time, usually with new writers and a new director, each doing what they want. It's about time we did have some rules, and that means starting afresh.

I dont care too much about erasing X3 and XOW as long as Fox makes FC3 and X4.

If Bryan finds a good way to get Cyclops back along with the rest of the cast for a sequel set in present, Im all for it.

The same about a sequel set in the past, with Polaris, Sunfire, and one day young Cyclops and Jean.

This universe has such a huge potential, in term of team movies, so they better push for a big and LONG franchise.

#NoMoreTrilogies

I think it's a little late for that, until they do a reboot, but we'll see.

alternate universes is the key to can see everyone back again now or later.

So hopefully Singer still cares about Cyclops.

I want separate timelines to be established after DOFP, so I went with the last option.

alternate universes is the key to can see everyone back again now or later.

So hopefully Singer still cares about Cyclops.

Alternate universes don't mean anything, if actors don't want to return or if audiences grow tired of the same old, same old. That's what I'm more worried about.

Option 5. If it will get Marvel fanboys to shut up about how a "real" X-Men movie should be done. :whatever:

That won't happen as long as Fox has the rights to X-Men.To them inless It Is done by
Marvel studios and Disney It Is terrable.

I don't know,I'm one of the few who liked all the X-films,so I don't really want any of them removed or ignored.I'd like it to un-do cyclops death.(but since it happened off screen,one can assume he's not really dead to begin with.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"