Post-Credits scenne

I'd take that down if I were you Lord. You'll get banned.

I didn't like the post credits scene to be honest.

I think it defeats the purpose of the climax of the film if it's announced Loki is back so quickly. They could have done better.

I didn't care for it either. The Iron Man one had me bug-eyed, but since then the teases have been merely a cool little nod to the next hero to join the fold. This time around that moment was taken care of well before the end.

I'd read a review that mentioned the end scene was something special, something to definitely hang around for, but when I saw it I couldn't really see why.

So, what was the scene?

OK thought we had this with spoilers with a description

You see Eric in this Bunker, he turns a corner and you see Fury.
They talk a bit, and Fury comes over with a steel suitcase. He opens it and reveals the Cosmic Cube.
Behind Eric you see some shiny metal on the wall reflecting Eric's image, and suddenly LOKI walks up in the reflection basically whispering in Eric's ear what to say.
What basically happens is Fury asks Eric to study it and he agrees and it cuts to black.

Keep in mind Red Skull finds the Cosmic Cube in First Avenger. :D

They talk a bit, and Fury comes over with a steel suitcase. He opens it and reveals the Cosmic Cube.
Behind Eric you see some shiny metal on the wall reflecting Eric's image, and suddenly LOKI walks up in the reflection basically whispering in Eric's ear what to say.
What basically happens is Fury asks Eric to study it and he agrees and it cuts to black.

Wow, that sounds even cooler than the early descriptions I read. I actually forgot all about the after credit scene. Just been so excited about seeing the actual film.

Cool, thank you.

Last edited:
Eric, as in Erik Selvig (Stellan Skarsgård).

Is he a movie only character, or does he have roots in the Marvel Universe?

He's not in comics. Might be inspired by some characters from comics, dunno.

I had a huge smile on my face when I saw this at the midnight premiere, lol.

Nope, neither Darcy or Eric are in the comic line. Like Agent Coulson is strictly the Movie universe.

I had a huge smile on my face when I saw this at the midnight premiere, lol.
heh I was surprised to see around 15 people from the Walmart and Dr Pepper Venders at the screening stay behind to see it. One guy said "ALRIGHT, That's COOL! Can't wait to see Captain America."

So...

When I first saw it I wasn't sure if Loki was controlling the doctor or was impersonating him? I was a bit confused but have to watch it again.

Avengers has to be very careful because now they have to separate Thor from his fellow Asgardians to join the Avengers. If there's truly a global threat and the bridge is rebuilt, wouldn't Thor just look up and call to Heimdall??? Joss is smart enough to write cover for this methinks.

But the bridge isn't fixed...so all you need is a way to bring JUST Thor down and you're set. Natalie Portman is looking into exactly that...her being a brilliant scientist and all.

so was Selvig during the duration of the movie controlled by Loki or was it just that scene?

Though it would be sweet of Loki to have a good ol' fashioned drinkin' session with his Brother one last time. :oldrazz:

When he opened the case what caught me eye first was the tech surrounding it. I was dwelling on that thinking, "What the hell is that?" until I noticed it in the middle and didn't realize it was the cube until the last second. There seemed to be some image in the cube I think.

I thought the scene was really well done. It definitely is the only one other than the IM post credit scene to get me really excited

I loved it,some people around me who didn't know anything like what the f*was the cube or what it meant saw Loki and thought Loki was in control of Eric the whole movie and so they were confused as **** But still ended up liking seeing Sam L.Jackson/Fury!!

I thought it was a damn nice scene!

I dont think Loki was in charge of him the entire movie, he wanted Thor to remain on Earth as long as possible so he could take over Asguard easiler without his brother stopping him. In Fact It seems Loki was the one actually behind Thors banishment.

I do think Loki will be control of him during the Avengers film.

I dont think Loki was in charge of him the entire movie, he wanted Thor to remain on Earth as long as possible so he could take over Asguard easiler without his brother stopping him. In Fact It seems Loki was the one actually behind Thors banishment.

I do think Loki will be control of him during the Avengers film.
Loki actually says he was behind Thor's banishment in a round about way.
Remember he says all he wanted to do was interrupt Thor's coronation because he thought Thor wouldn't have made a good king?

Point of reference and I see no difference between this and the movie. Loki doesn't control minds, he just suggests, a little whisper kinda like the demons from the screwtype letters. I don't think Loki was controlling anything, just steering it a bit, which is more his style. He mimicked what loki said but I think that was just cause it was obvious to say, but we'll see. My only real question for the movie which was excellent and something my girl also liked (unlike the dark knight) did loki intend the destroyer to kill thor at that scene or just hurt him badly? Cause he could have vaporized him obviously.

Well I don't think Loki knew what would bring Mjolnir to Thor, but Thor did basically say kill me and leave the mortals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"