Post-Credits scenne

i know this question was asked before> is loki impersonating selvig or controlling him in the post credit scene?

well more like suggesting things, but, Loki is only doing that in that scene.

Loki is controlling/influencing Selvig.

i really like the character of selvig...he was kinda like a father figure to Jane..
i am hoping that loki doesnt control selvig in avengers the entire time...

I didn't have any idea what that thing in the case was, but Loki's interest in it is reason enough to fear
:eek:

I didn't have any idea what that thing in the case was, but Loki's interest in it is reason enough to fear
:eek:

If I'm not mistaken it is the cube that Red Skull goes after in Captain America in the 1940s. I don't know much about it, but I think its a power source of some kind. Probably going to use it to open a bridge to Asgard.

Last edited:
i really like the character of selvig...he was kinda like a father figure to Jane..
i am hoping that loki doesnt control selvig in avengers the entire time...

I agree, the character Selvig was great and Skarsgård did a wonderful job portraying the character.

We just have to wait and see, if Loki continues to influence Selvig in The Avengers.

I thought the post-credits scene was on the weak side. Even after all the analysis' I've read, I wasn't impressed with it. Not complaining though, the movie itself was great.

With Loki controlling/influencing Selvig,Perhaps they'll have him doing it to Banner/Hulk in Avengers in which would be like the original comics??I know many are hoping for that,I did enjoy that in the comics and would be accurate But I ain't so sure IF it could be done good&fit in the movie.

Last edited:
But the bridge isn't fixed...so all you need is a way to bring JUST Thor down and you're set. Natalie Portman is looking into exactly that...her being a brilliant scientist and all.

After watching it yet again, Loki said it himself before freezing Hiemdall. Something like "there are secret passages to the nine worlds that even you don't know about but I won't need to take those any more now that I'm king." I'm betting that's how Thor will be getting to earth in Avengers.

Well I don't think Loki knew what would bring Mjolnir to Thor, but Thor did basically say kill me and leave the mortals.

No, what I'm asking is loki had the destroyer power down it's killshot but then back hand thor in a near fatal way. Now if it used the beam that would have been it, utter death, no going back, but do you think the backhand was meant to kill as an afterthought or not. It's the only thing in the movie I wasn't sure of.

Thor will definitely get back through one of loki's passages, in fact it's possible loki will bring him back himself for some reason in avengers. Though it is possible that jane will get thor back through some scientific use of her research. But one of those two is how thor comes back definitely.

I have to say that so far the best ending leading up to The Avengers has got to be from The Incredible Hulk with Tony Stark entering the bar and talking to Ross.

Although this ending scene featuring the Cosmic Cube with Loki disguised as Erik Selvig meeting with Nick Fury would definitely be rated second .

followed by Nick Fury's meeting with Stark in the first Iron Man film .

I can't wait to see what they put in Captain America.

I have to say that so far the best ending leading up to The Avengers has got to be from The Incredible Hulk with Tony Stark entering the bar and talking to Ross.

Although this ending scene featuring the Cosmic Cube with Loki disguised as Erik Selvig meeting with Nick Fury would definitely be rated second .

followed by Nick Fury's meeting with Stark in the first Iron Man film .

I can't wait to see what they put in Captain America.

imo loki was controlling/influencing, he wasn't disguised. if he was, it would just be loki in the reflection. what we saw was loki stepping in, and saying the line, then selvig says it afterwards. seems like an influence to me

I can see Loki controlling the Hulk in a similar fashion in the Avengers.

I allways prefered the idea that Loki was instead going to make Hulk think the avvengers were evil instead of making him be brainwashed.

No, what I'm asking is loki had the destroyer power down it's killshot but then back hand thor in a near fatal way. Now if it used the beam that would have been it, utter death, no going back, but do you think the backhand was meant to kill as an afterthought or not. It's the only thing in the movie I wasn't sure of.

Thor will definitely get back through one of loki's passages, in fact it's possible loki will bring him back himself for some reason in avengers. Though it is possible that jane will get thor back through some scientific use of her research. But one of those two is how thor comes back definitely.
I think it was a sign of disrespect, personally. Thor, by sacrificing himself for the little mortals, had proven himself so pathetic to Loki that Loki decided he wasn't even worth the Destroyer's A-game. He'd proven himself weak, so Loki had the Destroyer take him out with a relatively weak attack (or as weak as anything the Destroyer can do would be).

Hmmmm, I could see that.

I did love loki's double cross of laufrey there, that was pretty classic.

I can see Loki controlling Hulk at one point during the film. Hell, he could control some of the others too to turn them against eachother. Or the Skrulls could fill that.

I doubt we'll see Jane in anything outside of a cameo, since Portman's pregnant currently.

Glad I didn't stay till the end credits from what I'm reading the post credit scene isn't even worth it.

I managed to stay away from spoiling the scene and I left the theater underwhelmed by it. I suppose I was expecting more fan service, in line with the others, and the mild Avengers setup just struck me meh.

In all actuality, I was more jazzed by the "Thor Will Return in The Avengers" tag in the credits scroll.

heres a theory about loki being all weary luking in the post credits scene-
maybe he met the skrulls when he fell and he kinda got owned until he striked a deal
with them to find the cosmic cube....and he plans to use the cube for himself and double crosses the skrulls...

My theory would be, loki gets cube, uses it to bring in an invasion force, ala skrulls and others, avengers needed to fix the problem.

Glad I didn't stay till the end credits from what I'm reading the post credit scene isn't even worth it.
It's not like it sets up the movie that all of them have been leading up to...

:o

In reality, that end credit scene is more a cue to Captain America than it is Avengers, cause we will find out what it is (even though we know its the Cosmic Cube) and its true powers in the MCU, when it comes into play with Red Skull finding it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"