Post-Credits scenne

Discussion in 'Thor' started by Lord, Apr 15, 2011.

1. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I loved the post-credits scene just because it puts Loki into the role he truly shines in: the behind-the-scenes manipulator. When Loki faces Thor directly, we get some fun fights and a bit of family drama. When Loki manipulates things around Thor, we get stuff like the Avengers' formation, Acts of Vengeance, Siege, the excellent first season of the new Avengers cartoon, etc.

2. moraldeficiency

moraldeficiency Maxwell's Demon

Yes, agreed, plus the avengers need to be formed via loki, it would just be wrong if they didn't. Personally I found the scene to be the best after credits scene of the marvel movies so far. You found out loki wasn't dead, saw the cosmic cube and found out that dude was now being manipulated. Very good set up for the avengers in every way. With the other movies you got stuff like fury meets tony stark or ross meets stark this one gave you a lot more then just some people meeting and talking, there was more going on then the characters understood which made it stand out.

3. steintym

steintym Stay Frosty

I loved the after credits seen. I never expect too much out of them just because they're usually just little teases. This one was as cool as any of them.

4. Spider-X

Spider-X Big damn hero

My Theory:

When Cap comes to the present, he explains what the cube does and it either gets used to bring Thor back to Earth (though more than likely it'll be Jane Foster who manages that using her scientific data she gathered from Thor coming to earth) and/or gets used by Loki to summon the Skrulls (or some other evil purpose).

5. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

This after-credit scene is the best among all of them imo, because it feels like a scene straight from the Avengers. However, I have the feeling that we'll be getting the explaination of how Loki survived and the mystery behind the Cosmic Cube in the Avengers movie, because this teaser scene doesn't tell us anything specific. Definitely makes me amp up for the huge event movie coming next year.

6. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I have a feeling Loki will use the cube or manipulate someone else into using the cube for some nefarious end, and Heimdall will tell Thor about it, which will light the necessary fire under Thor's ass to get him to find a way back to Earth. Being stuck in Asgard away from Jane is one thing, but being stuck in Asgard while Loki's free to run amok on Earth is a big no-no.

7. Shazam

Shazam Well-Known Member

Maybe this is how Thor learns that his hammer can transport his thru dimensions and he doesn't need The bridge.

8. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Maybe. Either way, I just hope Thor's entrance in Avengers is awesome. :)

9. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

And I hope Thor is with the team for a while, not like The Ultimate Avengers movie.

BUt he seemed much more willing to help than the THor in UA, so I dont expect that to be a problem

10. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I'm preparing myself for Thor to potentially get little screentime with the other Avengers, personally. Unless Captain America is still in the '40s as of the end of his movie, Thor's got by far the hardest journey to actually join the team. That means devoting time to getting him back to Earth and into the action.

Hopefully I'm wrong, though. They could just as easily open with Thor finding his way back to Earth and gloss over some of the details.

11. Lord

Lord All Mighty

In the end of the script i read Jane opens a portal to brring him back made with the help of SHIELD

12. GhostPoet

GhostPoet Well-Known Member

I loved this post-credit scene....but I think Marvel is making a huge mistake having them at the end of the entire credits scroll. It should be after the end of the stylized credits. Most people I know have no clue there's anything after the credits. Everytime I see a marvel film it's the same thing...everyone gets up to leave after the movie and only a very tiny handful of people stay to watch.

13. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

Yes. Definitely

14. Spider-X

Spider-X Big damn hero

I have a feeling that The Avengers is going to start much like Ultimate Avengers: with Nick Fury searching out team members and forming the team.

15. Lord

Lord All Mighty

Exactly, before i saw iron man i thought that every post credits scenne would be featured after the stylised credits but after that one i no longer have that idea.

16. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Ooh, that's kind of cool, actually. :up:

I think that's kind of the point. The post-credits scenes are little treats for those who are willing to wait.

17. Mister J

Mister J Ack Acka Dak Dak Daka Ack

True. I don't think I've left a movie before the end credits have finished in about 10 years. :funny:

At my theater, the ushers, as they took tickets, were telling people to make sure they stayed for the post-credits scene... and people still left beforehand. Not a huge amount, but still.

18. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I usually don't stay past the credits, but it's pretty common knowledge with Marvel movies at this point. I made sure to tell my friends before the movie started, too. I was like, "There's an after-the-credits scene, by the way. You don't have to stay, but I totally am."

19. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Heh I don't think I've had the large drink at a theater for that reason. There's no way I can hold all that for that long and not miss the ending credits. lol

20. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

The small drinks at theaters are like the larges everywhere else, so I'm usually content with those. :)

21. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

heh drinking the diet Cherry Dr Pepper with Heimdall on it oddly enough.

22. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Well-Known Member

Anyone got a copy of this that's not YouTube (they're all deleted)? I'm trying to show my sister ....

23. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

not a clue Rock, Haven't looked.

24. steintym

steintym Stay Frosty

I think you have to be pretty quick to catch the scene on websites. I haven't seen it available anywhere yet.

25. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

It'd be against the Hype's rules to post links to it on here anyway.