Poster/Moderator Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the hating of matt............to thermometers, yep only in the video games section. :/

I thought they were supposed to mod zenien in like 2004 anyways. It's a pity it never happened, seeing THWIP live under her iron fist would have been great.

As for new beginnings, I'm willing to give it a shot, I think everyone is, but we haven't seen anything new really. These heart to hearts have been done before, and after a month or so, everything goes back to the way it was. Mods take a "us vs them" look at things, ban people for little reason, and the cycle starts again. I'm not kidding when I say this is seriously the 5th or 6th time I've seen this discussion, with this result.

Alas, majority vote of the games forum meant little. This would have been a utopia... of Xbot concentration camps. :o

And that is why, my compatriots, that we are known as the best damn gamers you ever laid your finger-licking eyes on.

that's bad right?

um anyone else wants to throw their name in.......preferably a person with a platform concentration camp free....

good thing i like nintendo....no one wants to concentration camp nintendo........i hope

블라스;13387761 said:
This is probably the best time to remind everyone in here that I'm part Cuban :dry:

Thus being part communist! If only I had a malcontent trap door..

The Marxists are everywhere. Am I the only blue-blooded American left?

Okay, I'm back. First I'd like to apologize if we got off on a wrong start. You guys know the reputation you have, and you know that at least part of it is well deserved. The reason I responded so poorly is because Zenien and then WHF pretty much took insult to the notion of any regulation on this board at all (in my eyes, anyhow). Clearly you can see how that is problematic when I have been given the job of moderating it. But be fair, there is a clique mentality here and it does go overboard sometimes. You guys know that is true. Therefore hard handed seemed like the best way to approach it and I apologize for that.

Second, I am not biased to WHF. In fact, off the top of my head I can think of ten conversations we have had on the Hype. I assure you, I do not hold grudges over a piece of metal.

Third, to say I know nothing about video games, please. I have been playing since most of you were in diapers. My neighbor had an Atari on which I played Jungle Hunt on a daily basis. Now I own a PS3, 360, and Wii. I know my games, I know the subculture. Therefore, if everyone can just follow the rules of the Hype, I will not be a total ball buster. I will work with you to make this place run.

im american........an american who believes our democracy has become the biggest sham ever.........

Everyone knows that true Americans never talk politics. Deceiver!

also true americans cant find their own country on a map.....no child left behind ftl

As for new beginnings, I'm willing to give it a shot, I think everyone is, but we haven't seen anything new really. These heart to hearts have been done before, and after a month or so, everything goes back to the way it was. Mods take a "us vs them" look at things, ban people for little reason, and the cycle starts again. I'm not kidding when I say this is seriously the 5th or 6th time I've seen this discussion, with this result.

This is the 1st time myself or Matt have tried, so lets see if we can get it to work this time.

Hopefully things work out this time. Aside from the rocky start, it can and will transition smoothly if the right approach is taken.

I thought that we were below Mexico.. :(

no we're the america that everyone now hates. damn i wish we could go back to the days of america being the country that everyone thought was badass, now we're the country that elected a jackass.....twice :csad:

no we're the america that everyone now hates. damn i wish we could go back to the days of america being the country that everyone thought was badass, now we're the country that elected a jackass.....twice :csad:

We were thought of as "bad-ass America" before we stopped our semi-isolationism. Once we started our policing of every corner of the globe, we started to lose favor with other countries. Primarily the Middle East. We pulled a 1910s Europe on them with our less than even handed approach towards disputes in the area.

unfortunately america often has the "do it our way 'cause its the right way" mentality
i.e. vietnam(communism was already on the decline)
and now that debacle we call iraq........any canidate that has platform that says the iraq war is going fine and dandy just lost my vote......well i guess i wont be voting republican...........

Why are we talking about politics again? Maybe this discussion will devolve into one about authority and the moderators, and it'll finally come full circle.

The moderators conspired to create war in Iraq. Spread the word!

Matt,

First, I'm glad you're open to considering I wasn't being hostile (I wasn't trying to be) second, I don't think any of our conversations were about bias. They were actually fact-based if I recall correctly.

So okay, with that out of the way.

Third, to say I know nothing about video games, please. I have been playing since most of you were in diapers. My neighbor had an Atari on which I played Jungle Hunt on a daily basis. Now I own a PS3, 360, and Wii. I know my games, I know the subculture. Therefore, if everyone can just follow the rules of the Hype, I will not be a total ball buster. I will work with you to make this place run.
What are the last ten great games you've played and why? Who were the project leads, who are the developers/publishers? How did they fit into the demographics and in a larger whole, the publisher portfolio? What were their inspirations? How were their reviews? What engine are they built on and if proprietary, can you think of a middleware that would have been a better solution? List reasons.

Okay, don't list reasons. Don't do any of that stuff. But notice that these are the kind of conversations we have here. Down-in-the-nitty-gritty-details type of things that truly interest our core members here. To the average person, probably yourself, you're thinking "who cares" and that's exactly why this hasn't worked in the past. It's not flaming, trolling or spam. These are actual important topics.

I think a clear distinction can be easily made between discussions of that nature and an entire thread consisting of different smiley icons.

i dont know, but it was better than the matt bashing a few pages ago.

damn you guys using my love of politics against the mods, and i was trying so hard not to add to the flames:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"