Predators - Part 1

Turn up the brightness on your tv when watching AVP:R, and it's a very decent movie. It's worth it alone just to see Wolf kick ass.

i dont know why they dont just adapt one of the Predator novels, I remember thinking that Big Game was all kinds of awesome being set in the west fighting a native american man dealing with demons from his past. great ****ing story.

This movie was a good "guy movie" to watch. A rag tag cast of characters, guns, and killing. At least the Predator didn't really become friends with Adrien Brody. He just kinda said "Hey, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours." Now that AVP buddy cop bulls***? Ugh.

And AVP:R is one of the worst films of that year. There's no redeeming factor there.

Turn up the brightness on your tv when watching AVP:R, and it's a very decent movie. It's worth it alone just to see Wolf kick ass.

Haha, but you shouldn't have to do that.

That movie is easily one of the worst lit movies I have ever had the displeasure of seeing in my life. I remember that's all I kept doing through that movie. Fidgeting around with my damn color and brightness settings. :funny:

The screenwriter for AVP: Requiem, Shane Salerno, still has a career in Hollywood. He is preparing the script for the 2018 blockbuster, Avatar 4.

Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 have much more promising screenwriters.

i think everytime AVP2 is on TV its obvious more bright. they are always color correcting it. hahaha

AVP:R may be a bad movie, but it kicks the living **** out of Prometheus and Predators. At least it knows it's nothing more than a b-movie. Prometheus tries to take a cerebral approach and utterly fails. Predators tries to recreate the magic of the original and utterly fails.

AVP:R may be a bad movie, but it kicks the living **** out of Prometheus and Predators. At least it knows it's nothing more than a b-movie. Prometheus tries to take a cerebral approach and utterly fails. Predators tries to recreate the magic of the original and utterly fails.

I think that part of the reason that I liked Promtheus is that I didn't realise that it was supposed to be intelligent.

I mean, my favourite part of the movie is when xenomorph shows up at the end. My second favourite part is when the engineer fights the giant squid five minutes before that.

That movie is easily one of the worst lit movies I have ever had the displeasure of seeing in my life. I remember that's all I kept doing through that movie. Fidgeting around with my damn color and brightness settings. :funny:

I didn't get the complaints about the darkness when the Movie ran in theaters. I could make out everything perfectly. But they did **** up the home release hard. Even adjusting the colors doesn't really help. It just makes the entire Movie look washed out.

I got none of the suspense or wonder of Alien, the thrill ride of Aliens, the introspection of Alien 3 or the black comedy of Alien Resurrection.. All I got was empty visuals, characters I didn't care about, a plot full of holes and some interesting setpieces.. that's it. Probably the most suspenseful scene was the caesarean.. although that had nothing on the chestburster sequence from Alien.

Ill take predator 2 over the avp movies anyday of the week.

Avp 1 was the diet coke of the franchises.

Avpr is a movie i still cant review because half the movie was shot in a closet with a flashlight.

i dont know why they dont just adapt one of the Predator novels, I remember thinking that Big Game was all kinds of awesome being set in the west fighting a native american man dealing with demons from his past. great ****ing story.
I thought the same thing of the AVP novels but I think Fox has a standing policy now to not adapt anything good to film for the Alien and Predator franchises. The original Alien vs Predator game was also pretty damned good. Better than the past several movies.

Predators wasn't the best adaptation it could have been but it still was better than the previous AVP films and at least made an effort to do something different than rehash the same thing we saw in the previous movies, unlike Requiem and it's rehashing everything. :bdh:

I didn't get the complaints about the darkness when the Movie ran in theaters. I could make out everything perfectly. But they did **** up the home release hard. Even adjusting the colors doesn't really help. It just makes the entire Movie look washed out.
I saw it in the theater and it still was so dark making out the action to tell what was going on was difficult.

What? No it doesn't, it's worse than those two films on every single level.

This is the most insane thing I've read, and I'm not even a proponent of Prometheus (It's a flawed, flawed movie but it has redeeming qualities).

Predators is better because there are no young horny teens running around and screaming.

plus we got Isabelle. she was badass and sweating like Dwayne Johnson in Fast Furious 5.

Predators is a good movie. NOT GREAT in my eyes because at times it feel like a fan film with well known actors..but it's way better than AvP:R. At least Predators came from a good place, and tried to have some integrity.

Saying AVP:R is better than the other two Predator films is blasphemous.

What? No it doesn't, it's worse than those two films on every single level.

It comes down to the fact that AVP/AVP:R were fun, entertaining films, whilst Prometheus and Predators were incredibly boring, lame and stupid (in the sense, there was no pretext for them to be so stupid).

Prometheus tried to go the 2001 route and explore the origins of human existence and meaning. Yet the script and characters (with the exception of the android) were so woeful and underwritten that it fell on its face.

Predators was supposed to be the 'real sequel' to Predator. Yet all they did was rehash the same scenes and lines yet did it poorly. Any attempt to add something new (the different clans of predators) went nowhere.

AVP/AVP:R, in the tradition of Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman, gave the audience exactly what it came for. It didn't try to be something it isn't.

Predators wasn't the best adaptation it could have been but it still was better than the previous AVP films and at least made an effort to do something different than rehash the same thing we saw in the previous movies, unlike Requiem and it's rehashing everything. :bdh:

But I thought that was one of Predators' biggest problems. It rehashed the entire first Movie. I got a deja vu after deja vu, watching that Movie.

It comes down to the fact that AVP/AVP:R were fun, entertaining films, whilst Prometheus and Predators were incredibly boring, lame and stupid (in the sense, there was no pretext for them to be so stupid).

Prometheus tried to go the 2001 route and explore the origins of human existence and meaning. Yet the script and characters (with the exception of the android) were so woeful and underwritten that it fell on its face.

Predators was supposed to be the 'real sequel' to Predator. Yet all they did was rehash the same scenes and lines yet did it poorly. Any attempt to add something new (the different clans of predators) went nowhere.

AVP/AVP:R, in the tradition of Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman, gave the audience exactly what it came for. It didn't try to be something it isn't.

AVP maybe because it was popcorn fun, but not AVP:R. Not to THAT level. When I saw it, I was thinking "This two franchise once had Cameron, Scott, and McTeiran. Now it's gone down to almost Direct to DVD level. In fact, AvP:R couldn't been a direct to DVD release and probably won't change a lot.

There's fun at a schlocky level, then there's just baffling awful. They couldn't even shoot it right with the lighting. Sharknado didn't even have that problem.

But I thought that was one of Predators' biggest problems. It rehashed the entire first Movie. I got a deja vu after deja vu, watching that Movie.
Yes and no. It was in the jungle but it wasn't one Predator versus a group of well armed, trained men who were serious threats. It was an eclectic mix of men (and a woman, admittedly a throwback to Anna) dumped on an alien planet fighting against several Predators and their hunting animals. Then they added a rival/war between two groups of Predators.

Other than being in the jungle and hunted by Predators, it was not that similar to Predator any more than Predator 2 was the same thing. Depending on your interpetation of the sequels, Predator 2 was more a remake of Predator in the city instead of a jungle and substituted cops for mercs.

AVP:R was everything the previous films did in a small town with a few poorly executed gimmicks to cover it up.

I think the mindset going in making Predators was paying homage before it. It felt deliberate but I don't know how else you can handle the material before it feels stale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"