Sequels PRETEND! It's a restart, name your dream CAST/DIRECTOR/COMPOSER

Director: Zach Snyder or James Cameron
Superman/Clark Kent/Kal El: Brandon Routh (i think he's aces)
Lois Lane: Rachael McAdams
Lex Luthur: Kevin Spacey or Juaquin Pheniox
Perry White: Ed Harris
Jor-El: Jim Caviezel
Jimmy: Shia LaBeouf
John Kent: Randy Quaid or Kevin Costner
Martha Kent: Kelly Preston
Zod: Gerard Butler
Brainiac: CGI with Weaving or William Fichtner

Composer: John Williams

[/quote]

I dont think its just bulking, he looks way too short

661683023.jpg

meh, these days anyone can be made to look a different height in movies. case in point:

frodo_bolson_imagen_.jpg

gimli_standing.jpg

cruisey1.jpg

still, with all the stuff involved with sfx and flying, its got to be an major added complication

I dont think it would get a good reaction from fans either

'SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL'

DIRECTOR - Robert Rodriguez

CLARK KENT / SUPERMAN - Jude Law
LOIS LANE - Rachel McAdams
JOHN CORBEN / METALLO - Jake Gyllenhaal
LEX LUTHOR - Joaquin Phoenix
PERRY WHITE - Hugh Laurie
JIMMY OLSEN - Shia LaBeouf

DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY - Guillermo Navarro
PRODUCTION DESIGNER - Rick Heinrichs
COSTUME DESIGNER - Mary Vogt
COMPOSER (?) - Christopher Young, John Debney or Danny Elfman
SCREENWRITER - Frank Darabont

Man of Steel
Director(s) - Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg.

Superman/Clark Kent - Jamie Bamber
Lois Lane - Rachel Mcadams
Brainiac - Hugo Weaving
Lex Luthor - Lawrence Fishburne
Perry White - Ed Harris
Zod - Sean Bean.
Jimmy Olsen - Shia LaBeouf
Jonathan Kent - Mel Gibson
Martha Kent - Annette otoole

composer - John Williams.

still, with all the stuff involved with sfx and flying, its got to be an major added complication

I dont think it would get a good reaction from fans either

it's not that big of a complication.

and as for fans, they're fickle. look at the reactions Michael Keaton and Daniel Craig got when they were announced as Batman and Bond. if it turns out great, the fans accept it.

This would be an ideal cast,

Director - Alex Proyas

superman/clark kent - michael trucco
lois lane - mary elizabeth winstead
perry white - hugh laurie
Jimmy Olson - Adam Brody
lex luthor - Joaquin Phoenix
darkseid - dennis haybert
braniac - Matt Bomer

Jor El - Jim Caviezel
Lara - Dagmara Dominczyk

Music Score by Vangelis (using none of the williams themes, an entire new score)

Truccos too old for a babe like Mary Elizabeth Winstead.......

but I'll give u props for her. She would make the hottest Lois Lane ever now that shes old enough.

And Singer wanted Hugh, but the dudes committed to House. I think Langella can deliver some funny lines if they write it for him.

it's not that big of a complication.

and as for fans, they're fickle. look at the reactions Michael Keaton and Daniel Craig got when they were announced as Batman and Bond. if it turns out great, the fans accept it.

I think Routh was great in the same regard but he gets alot of smack for wearing a muscle suit...

Just imagine what a laughing stock this dude would be with fans when they would have had to fake his height for the film.

I dont think its a good idea.

But I generally agree with most of ur casting decisions in the past; just not this one.

If they have to replace BR, they need another unknown like him with the right look, height and voice. If they want a known hollywood actor like Jude Law; then we're ****ed for a really bad movie.

Superman / Clark Kent : Michael Trucco from Battlestar Galactica. He's 6"3 or something and has the looks, just needs to bulk up a bit. Seems to be a decent actor too but not well known enough yet to overshadow the film

trucco.JPG
15hy4.jpg

Lois Lane : Evangeline Lilly. Yes, everyone else has picked her too but she has it all - she can act, she's sexy, and she's tough ... while also being able to pull off that innocent doe-eyed look that a good reporter needs to get out of situations.

264381~Evangeline-Lilly-Posters.jpg

Jor-el : Jonathan Frakes from Star Trek TNG. To me, Jor-El should be dignified, commanding but having a compassionate side to. Phsyically - he also needs to resemble Superman in height and looks slightly, although he's obviously older. Frakes could pull it off.

link.jonathan.frakes.jpg

Brainiac : Gary Sinise. Can do cold and calculating with his eyes closed.

Gary%20Sinise.jpg

Jonathan Kent : Martin Sheen. I always thought he had the look of the comic book Kent.

Sheen_Martin.jpg

Martha Kent : Glenn Close

close.jpg

Superman
Directed by: Guillermo del Toro or Alfonso Cauron.
Composed by: John Willams

Superman/ClarK Kent: Jason Behr
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:BehrSkin.jpg
Lois Lane : Rose McGowan/Sohia Bush/Evangeline Lilly
Jimmy Olsen: Shia LaBeouf
Perry White: Michael Madsen
Lex Luthor: Kevin Spacey
Parasite : Andy Serkis
Jonathan Kent: Dennis Quaid
Martha Kent: Annette O'Toole

Thank GOD for MARVEL.
SUPERMAN is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :csad:

Chuck Russel anyone?

Maybe with Frank Darabont writing the script and Randy Edelman doing the score.

Director:A relative unknown and young low budget filmmaker(giving a guy like this a shot at a big budget epic can work,look at Nolan)

Writer:A fairly unknown screenwriter,preferrably an established Superman comic book writer.

Composer:John Williams(who else)

Cast: (assuming I must cast all knowns)

Superman/Clark Kent - Tom Welling(if he turned it down,an unknown)
Lois Lane - Rachael McAdams(she's an amazing actress)
Lex Luthor - Jason Issacs
Jimmy Olson - Jamie Bell
Perry White - Hugh Laurie(Singer's first choice)
Metallo - Jason Statham
Martha Kent - Eva Marie Saint(she's perfect in the part)
Jonathan Kent - Robert Redford(he could work,and he is the best actor close to Saint's age)
Jor-El - Anthony Hopkins

Story: I would love to see the origin redone completely.Do it in a style like Superman:Birthright,keep all of the stuff in the origin that's always been there and don't change it,but add on to it,like Birthright did and Batman:Year One did to Batman.It would keep the film familiar to fans,but feel new enough to where fans don't feel out of place and can't predict what's next.Then when Superman finally reaches Metropolis have him foil a diabolical plan set up by Lex Luthor,CEO and Founder of Lexcorp.While at this same time Superman meets the girl of his dreams,Lois Lane,but their love story really doesn't advance until a sequel.Plus I would love to incorporate Metallo into the story as Lex's muscle to his operations.

Forget the cast. What we need is a decent script. I still shake with fury at the crap that was Returns. And a decent director. Someone who has a clue. :rolleyes:

But to answer the question:

Superman - Brandon Routh (he was fine, the only thing worth watching about the movie, imo)
Lois - me
Jimmy - Shia La Beouf
Lex - Johnny Depp
The Chief - Phillip Baker Hall (Mr. Bookman, from Seinfeld) :woot:
Jonathan - Kevin Costner
Martha - Meryl Streep

DIRECTOR: Zemekis
SUPERMAN: Christopher Reeve
LOIS LANE: Rachel McAdams
JIMMY OLSEN: Shia Labeouf (Only if he got alot of screentime)
LEX LUTHOR: Lex Luthor
PERRY WHITE: Tommy Lee Jones
COMPOSER: John WIlliams or Alan Silvestri
ZOD or BRANIAC: Hugo Weaving

This would be an ideal cast,

Director - Alex Proyas

superman/clark kent - michael trucco
lois lane - mary elizabeth winstead
perry white - hugh laurie
Jimmy Olson - Adam Brody
lex luthor - Joaquin Phoenix
darkseid - dennis haybert
braniac - Matt Bomer

Jor El - Jim Caviezel
Lara - Dagmara Dominczyk

Music Score by Vangelis (using none of the williams themes, an entire new score)
Brilliant except for the music part. i have no idea what youre talking about.

Dammit, if I'd known this was here I never would have set up my own thread. Oh well, I guess a mod will just delete mine now. Oh well, here's how I started mine off.

Clark Kent/Superman - Henry Cavill (he's 6'1, 24, he's got black hair, blue eyes, film experience, he'd make a much better Superman than Batman)

Jor-El - Gabriel Byrne (I was gonna say Anthony Hopkins, but I've found out he's gonna be 70 on New Year's Eve, and I don't think they should go with someone that old, digital effects or no digital effects. I personally think Ian McKellen looked like a waxwork in the opening scene of X-Men 3)

Lara - Catherine Zeta Jones

Lex Luthor - Ed Harris/Daniel Day-Lewis/Viggo Mortensen/Jason Isaacs (yeah, I know, I can't make my mind up, oh well, best to keep your options open)

Perry White - R. Lee Ermey/Brian Dennehy/Kurtwood Smith (he's funny)/John Mahoney (he's funny too, just watch Frasier)

Jonathan Kent - Jeff Bridges (yes, I know, Iron Man, but, come on, JEFF BRIDGES)/Michael Douglas (possibly? yes? no? maybe? no? ok then)/Martin Sheen (now isn't he rather an obvious choice? he has that Glenn Ford charm and humour)

Martha Kent - Frances McDormand/Meryl Streep (why not?)/Glenn Close (am I the only one who used to confuse Meryl Streep with Glenn Close when I was a kid?)Frances Conroy (reminds me of Phyllis Thaxter)/Julie Christie

Lois Lane - Scarlett Johansson (the only one I can really see in the role, myself, sorry)

Jimmy Olsen - Emile Hirsch (I think he'd be perfect, but he's not quite 2 years younger than Henry Cavill, I think there should be more of an age gap between Jimmy and CK, but then again, Brandon Routh is only a coupla years older than Sam Huntington)

Edit: Damn, I forgot:-

Director - Peter Jackson/Christopher Nolan/Martin Campbell (he's brought Bond back to life, TWICE, maybe he should be given a shot at Superman)/Marc Forster (he's doing the next Bond as well as having done Monster's Ball, Finding Neverland and Stranger Than Fiction)/Paul Haggis (he wrote the best Bond yet, IMO, maybe he could helm Superman's rebirth)/Steven Spielberg (yes I know, El Payaso, but I think it'd be really good, the guy has made some ****ing masterpieces)/Alfonso Cuarón/Mike Newell (anyone?)/Gore Verbinski/**** off Ang Lee, if it were up to you we'd see Superman wetting his red trunks/back slowly out of the room Singer, you don't even get a look in

Writer(s) - Peter Jackson, Philippa Boyens & Fran Walsh/Christopher & Jonathan Nolan, David Goyer/Paul Haggis (see above)/the guys who wrote the first Pirates, too many to mention

Composer - John Williams

I just added composer now cos I'd forgotten about it.

Superman
sam_heug_supes.jpg

Sam Heughan

Lois Lane
rachel_mcadams.jpg

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Rachel McAdams[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,sans-serif]Perry White[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,sans-serif]
edharris.jpg
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,sans-serif]Ed Harris[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,sans-serif]Lex[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,sans-serif]
lex2.jpg
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,sans-serif]Kevin Spacey-But darker and more sinister.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,sans-serif]Score[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,sans-serif]John Williams (Of course) but if not, John Debny using Williams score and it would have been more of a score like Superman 2's was.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,sans-serif]I would have brought in Nicholas Meyer to write the script, or at least work on the treatment with him.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,sans-serif]I would have had different homages to STM.[/FONT][/SIZE]

I'd pay $50 to see this movie!

Director: Roland Emmerich
Music by: David Arnold (his music for ID4 rocked!)
Cast: James Caviezel (Superman/Clark Kent), Lauren Graham (Lois Lane), Kevin Spacey (Lex Luthor, while I don't like SR I do prefer Spacey's mostly stoic Lex over Hackman's goofy Lex).
Basic premise: update Superman to be more in line with the post-Crisis era started by John Byrne, with both Ma & Pa Kent alive & well and being the real influence on Superman instead of Jor-El's ghost, a more normal, restrained Clark, an evil businessman Lex and a Fortress of Solitude that isn't made out of crystals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"