Sequels PRETEND! It's a restart, name your dream CAST/DIRECTOR/COMPOSER

Everything should be fresh.

Superman/Clark Kent: Matthew Fox (the man has the acting chops and the look for a mature strong Superman)

Lois Lane: Rachel McAdams or Jessica Biel (McAdams seems to be everyone's pic, so enough said. Biel, sounds odd, but watch "We now pronounce you Chuck and LArry" and she shows potential for our favorite hot headed journalist)

Lana Lang: Natalie Portman (I have a treatment which deals with Lois and Lana, though never together at the same time or place. Lana needs to be Clark's sweet past in Kansas. The love of a farm girl. Portman is everyone's farm girl love)

Lex Luthor: Billy Zane (Just look at him. He has the charm and Charisma a corporate billionaire should have, and he can be so damn evil too.)

Perry White: Brendan Gleeson (IMDB him, i would like to see him up against a hot headed Lois Lane)

Metallo/John Corben: Paul Bettany (He's proven his villain potential, but never has been pushed to see how far it could go.)

Brainiac: Josh Holloway (I always thought of Brainiac as the only person who could match Luthor's brians. So a slick charming individual is required. Holloway is waiting for his feature film breakthrough role.)

Doomsday: CGI (This monster needs to be brutal and terrifying. It kills the man of steel, we need to be terrified of it)

Darkseid: Vin Diesel (Prostetics. Watch Pitch Black, and the Iron Giant. Diesel has that chilling voice, he can also handle a major villain.)

Jor-El: The voice of Alec Baldwin (Jor El would never be seen, only heard, like in the Smallville series. To branch away from anything ever done before, a North American voice is chosen. Look at Royal Tenenbaums, Baldwin narrates)

The director who could bring this all together??

EDWARD ZWICK: Blood Diamond, Last Samuri. This guy has the chops to go even bigger. What's perfect about him, he knows character stories. And he can tell them.

Composer: Hanz Zimmer: Completley new theme, completely new sound. This is a restart, so restart it all. Zimmer is the best composer around, hands down.

SUPERMAN: Michael Trucco
samuelanders_180.jpg

LOIS LANE: Kerri Russell
xl

JIMMY OLSEN: Shia Labeouf
70f93262-319b-48ae-aad6-9c7181847a2d.widec.jpg

PERRY WHITE: Philip Baker Hall
483405674_f1cdae865c_o.jpg

PA KENT: James Garner
0000003116_20060919200902.jpg

MA KENT: Helen Mirren
MIRREN.jpg

more to come...

The Villains:

LEX LUTHOR: Jason Isaacs

MERCY GRAVES: Milla Jovovich
millajovovich.jpg

BRAINIAC: Hugo Weaving
tn2_hugo_weaving_1.jpg

AMANDA WALLER: CCH Pounder
shield-cchpound.jpg

EMIL HAMILITON: James Cromwell
24_609-s903_0058_f_1171413188.jpg

Now for the Crew:

DIRECTOR: Martin Cambell
co6.jpg

WRITERS: Paul Haggis & David Hayter

3542.jpg
haggis.jpg

You're below the man running the show in Warner Brothers and he just visited your office and told you he wants a Superman restart!

Name your DREAM CAST/DIRECTOR/FILM COMPOSER!

Rachel McAdams as Lois Lane (Red Eye)

normal_TheMakingOfRedEye-001.jpg

Jeremy Davies as Jimmy Olsen (Saving Private Ryan; Cpl. Upham)

Tommy Lee Jones as Perry White (no pic needed)

Anthony Hopkins as Jor-El (no pic needed)

Philip Seymour Hoffman as Lex Luthor

Hugo Weaving as Darkseid or Brainiac (He proved he could pull a role off without showing his face, has a classic, recognizable voice, has that alienish look with his buggy eyes)

last BUT not least my guy to play the role of (this is a longshot but this guy is a look alike and ALSO he can act!!)

Donald Standen as Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman

pac05.jpg

superpage.jpg

pac06.jpg

And my DREAM director would be Robert Zemeckis (Back to the Future Trilogy, The Polar Express, Forrest Gump, Contact.)

And my DREAM composer would be none other than John Williams! (if you need to incorporate the classic theme into the new hip score... it ought to be Williams at the helm of things!)

I don t know where you pick that guy but he really look like todays superman, the guys is 6tf4!!! He can definitely do an older superman

pac15.jpg

Finally, my Philip Baker Hall is getting some respect. :up:

Yes, I loved the idea of PBH.

Did you like the rest of my cast?

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

tn2_dennis_quaid_2.jpg

Johnathan Kent / Dennis Quaid
One of the finest actors off the last 30 years!
I love just about every movie he has done, and if I we're casting my Superman movie he would be my only choice.

cine65.jpg

Julian Moore / Martha Kent
She's has had some shady work in the past but even in the bad movies that she's done (Psycho remake) she was still very good, and the only bright spot, and to be honest she comes off as a real warm person, and that's what Martha Kent is all about! She has her traits in her personality.
I don't think I could think of anyone other then her or Annette O'tool who would be a better choice. Those two ladies are awesome, and perfect for the role.

Great casting choices too Smallville'ish for me though. :cwink:

hmmm if not Welling/Smallville Spinoff, and it was a total reboot my ideal cast would be...

2lmxkjo.jpg

Superman/Clark Kent / Jerry O'connell

He already has the blue eyes of Kal El, and is the right height 6'4 plus all he would need to do is bulk up a little, and I think he would make a heck of a Superman/Clark Kent.

We know he can play a modern day dork from his Slider days so he has the Clark role on lock.

I can see your point on that one but if Dean Cain taught us anything it's that you can't just be good at one and not the other. If he can't pull of Superman it's over before it starts no matter how good his Clark may be. I'm not saying he can't but I haven't seen him anything that makes me think he could do the Superman aspect of it.

indexpic.jpg

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Lois Lane / [/SIZE][/FONT]Alyssa Milano
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Not only does she look amazing! But she's also a very talented actress, and that's two things that the last big screen Lois didn't have going for her.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I've always thought she and Teri Hatcher looked a lot alike. This choice has possibilites. I also like a Lois that actually has curves. Though how recent is this picture?

[/SIZE][/FONT]
_39250469_zane.jpg

LEX LUTHOR / Billy Zane
One of the best actors of my generation, and a natural bad guy! Always been a favorite of mines for the role of Lex... I still think he would own the role. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Yeah, I totally see it. Especially if we were going for the untouchable CEO type Luthor. Though the evil corperate guy has been overdone in superhero movies. Christ, they even turned Victor Von Doom into one. "Von Doom Industries", WTF?

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Yes, I loved the idea of PBH.

Did you like the rest of my cast?

I liked Shia and your choices for the Kents. I don't know most of the actors you chose for villians, so I can't really say. Not convinced on your choices for Supes and Lois, though. They might be good, but they don't jump out as me as perfect casting like the others.

hmmm if not Welling/Smallville Spinoff, and it was a total reboot my ideal cast would be...

indexpic.jpg

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Lois Lane / [/SIZE][/FONT]Alyssa Milano
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Not only does she look amazing! But she's also a very talented actress, and that's two things that the last big screen Lois didn't have going for her.[/SIZE][/FONT]

AH HA HA HA HA

You are busted for theft :)

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=258700&page=107&highlight

Ohhh post 2662 :cool:

I'll bite...

Superman/Clark Kent-Someone we've never heard of

jennifer-love-hewitt-13.jpg
Lois Lane-Jennifer Love Hewitt (Yes, really!)

3507839425.jpg
Lex Luthor-Kevin Spacey

4177539771.jpg
Mercy Graves-Lexa Doig

RobinLaing.jpg
Jimmy Olsen-Robin Laing

2099490984.jpg
Perry White-Alan Arkin

Director...Me I'd focus on all the points that Superman Returns lost. The theme of the movie will be that no matter what we will always need a hero. The would will think it no longer needs Superman and Clark goes about his day reporting and courting Lois. Even he decides to put away Superman. If the world no longer needs Superman, then he won't either. With his life going good for the first time in a long time, because of the lack of Super responsibilites, Clark is happy. But when Luthor comes back and develops a device to irradiate Superman's blood with Kryptonite, Superman must come out of retirement so to speak. Instead, Mercy's blood becomes irradiated with Kryptonite. Running through her very being is the substance that brings Superman to his knees. Now Luthor has a henchmen that can literally beat Superman up.

Superman/ Clark Kent : Michael Trucco (Good choice whoever suggested him)
Lois Lane : Missy Peregrym (Stick It, Heroes, and Reaper)
Lex Luthor: Bruce Willis
Perry White: Tommy Lee Jones
Jor El : Anthony Hopkins
Metallo : Jason Statham
Braniac: William Fitchner (Prison Break)
Johnathan Kent: Terry Quinn(Lost)

Superman/Clark Kent: keep Brandon Routh
Lois Lane: Minka Kelly(friday night lights)
Jimmy Olsen: Sam Huntington
Lex Luthor: Billy Zane
Brainiac: Hugo Weaving
Metallo: Ray Liotta
Perry White: Robert Redford?
Jor-el: Jim Caviezal

Im tired of pretending...that only makes my heart hurt. I want a good Superman film.

I'll bite...

Superman/Clark Kent-Someone we've never heard of

jennifer-love-hewitt-13.jpg
Lois Lane-Jennifer Love Hewitt (Yes, really!)

3507839425.jpg
Lex Luthor-Kevin Spacey

4177539771.jpg
Mercy Graves-Lexa Doig

RobinLaing.jpg
Jimmy Olsen-Robin Laing

2099490984.jpg
Perry White-Alan Arkin

Director...Me I'd focus on all the points that Superman Returns lost. The theme of the movie will be that no matter what we will always need a hero. The would will think it no longer needs Superman and Clark goes about his day reporting and courting Lois. Even he decides to put away Superman. If the world no longer needs Superman, then he won't either. With his life going good for the first time in a long time, because of the lack of Super responsibilites, Clark is happy. But when Luthor comes back and develops a device to irradiate Superman's blood with Kryptonite, Superman must come out of retirement so to speak. Instead, Mercy's blood becomes irradiated with Kryptonite. Running through her very being is the substance that brings Superman to his knees. Now Luthor has a henchmen that can literally beat Superman up.

Alan Arkin as Perry is perfect, imo.

BobbyJoMo. You're cast, director and writer choices are brilliant.

Throwing it in the pot:
(Main) Supes: Billy Smith (Thunder from American Gladiators and Supes in World's Greatest Promos with Batman- can be seen on Youtube)

* Won't bother with baby and young Clark right now :)

Lois- Comic book sexy Monica Dean or spirited and sassy Lois done right in Erica Durance
Perry- Michael McKean
Jimmy- Sean Ashmore or Shia LeBeouf (prefer SA)
Lex- Billy Zane
Jor-El- Terrence Stamp or Timothy Dalton (if only voice then either Terrence Stamp or Liam Neeson)
Pa Kent- Robert Redford
Ma Kent-Helen Mirren
Director- N/A but someone who respects the comics and source material and will properly translate a brand new origin movie on-screen and update it properly for 2007-10 (a proper movie within the next 3 years would be great)

Me?

The casting choices I posted were for an established film, but in the thread you can post it for whatever you want.

I have two different casts for an origin film and an established film

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"