Problems with the movie.

Silverstein

Superhero
Reaction score
-There are no above ground trains like that in new york. What the hell?

and

- Spiders are not bugs, harry and others continuously call spider-man a bug or the bug. It would be 'arachnid'.

And that is proof that this is a horrible movie. I can not sit back and watch a movie where they constantly call a spider a bug or when they blatantly use train lines that don't exist.
I know some will say that this is a comic book movie and that we should just accept this, but I can not.

I am moderatly upset and displeased. They should have stayed truer to the comic books. The 616 New York isn't that train-filled. And New Yorkers are louder and more obnoxious in the comics and in real life. They would be screaming and freaking out when they thought Spidey was dead not standing over him, and one of the people would be taking a picture of Peter with his mask off, with their cell phone while he was laying there. Another person would be like "Dude..He totally *****ing stopped a train!! holy **** dude!!!". Because of this drastic change from the comics to the movie, I can not enjoy the film.

If you can, that's cool, but I can't. Wait, what am I saying?! If you don't agree with me then you are not a true Marvel New York or Marvel Trains fan. You also are disrespecting Spider-man's spider-ness by accepting people calling him a bug. Arachnids have 8 legs while bugs have 6. That's basic biology and a movie that is in many ways a science fiction, that's just not right. This is a travesty of justice. I'm gonna sue!!

Those are the most pathetic complaints I have ever read.

Why don't you criticize the REAL flaws of this movie instead of petty crap like Harry calling Spidey a bug and above ground trains.

LOL! I can't believe you took the time to type out that load of crap.

ChineseFooD said:

and

- Spiders are not bugs, harry and others continuously call spider-man a bug or the bug. It would be 'arachnid'.

And that is proof that this is a horrible movie. I can not sit back and watch a movie where they constantly call a spider a bug or when they blatantly use train lines that don't exist.
I know some will say that this is a comic book movie and that we should just accept this, but I can not.

I am moderatly upset and displeased. They should have stayed truer to the comic books. The 616 New York isn't that train-filled. And New Yorkers are louder and more obnoxious in the comics and in real life. They would be screaming and freaking out when they thought Spidey was dead not standing over him, and one of the people would be taking a picture of Peter with his mask off, with their cell phone while he was laying there. Another person would be like "Dude..He totally *****ing stopped a train!! holy **** dude!!!". Because of this drastic change from the comics to the movie, I can not enjoy the film.

If you can, that's cool, but I can't. Wait, what am I saying?! If you don't agree with me then you are not a true Marvel New York or Marvel Trains fan. You also are disrespecting Spider-man's spider-ness by accepting people calling him a bug. Arachnids have 8 legs while bugs have 6. That's basic biology and a movie that is in many ways a science fiction, that's just not right. This is a travesty of justice. I'm gonna sue!!
;) :up:

Doc Ock said:

Why don't you criticize the REAL flaws of this movie instead of petty crap like Harry calling Spidey a bug and above ground trains.

Dude, I would have thought you better than anyone on the board would have realized I was joking. How many times did we argue over flaws in the movie and I always say how they are stupid flaws.

This was kind of a parody of those arguments. I'm presenting the stupidest thing imaginable, YET it is still a flaw. Like how other people would bring up the dumbest stuff ever and then seriously act as if it's a reason that the movie sucks.

Now I just feel awkward because you didn't get it.

After reading your first line I knew you were being facetious.

ChineseFooD said:

and

Hahaha! Didn't you see? It was an in construction train. Though it did pass a station, it's really only there for dramatic purposes (though I have never been to New York, so I wouldn't really know.)

and they just call him the bug because it's an "affectionate" nickname. It's like you calling yourself ChineseFooD on the internet when it's not your real name, and I can be positive you aren't actually Chinese food.

ChineseFooD said:
Dude, I would have thought you better than anyone on the board would have realized I was joking. How many times did we argue over flaws in the movie and I always say how they are stupid flaws.

This was kind of a parody of those arguments. I'm presenting the stupidest thing imaginable, YET it is still a flaw. Like how other people would bring up the dumbest stuff ever and then seriously act as if it's a reason that the movie sucks.

Now I just feel awkward because you didn't get it.

Use a smiley next time to indicate that you are joking about something. One poster I know did something similiar and it got taken the wrong way because he did not say he was joking.

He didn't need smileys. It was pretty obvious that he was.

Yeah, it was kind of obvious, especially when he said "You're not a true fan if you think this is okay!" or whatever at the end.

Nice impression of bakerboy and Mr. Parker, though. Their legend will never die.

True. It is a nice mock critique I must say.

That was Pretty good, I can a imagine aguy saying a speach like that in person being all up tight and serious anbout it then get frustrated when he's finished.

DareDemon said:
Yeah, it was kind of obvious, especially when he said "You're not a true fan if you think this is okay!" or whatever at the end.

Nice impression of bakerboy and Mr. Parker, though. Their legend will never die.
Also Doc Ock and Herr Logan.

TheVileOne said:
Also Doc Ock and Herr Logan.

And Symbiotica,TheSlag,Daisy,The Green Goblin,Rex Caliber,Saph etc etc.

TheVileOne likes to think there is about 2 people in the entire world who dislike some of the things Raimi did in the Spider-Man movies.

Ignorance is bliss for people like him :)

Doc Ock said:
And Symbiotica,TheSlag,Daisy,The Green Goblin,Rex Caliber,Saph etc etc.

TheVileOne likes to think there is about 2 people in the entire world who dislike some of the things Raimi did in the Spider-Man movies.

Ignorance is bliss for people like him :)
And Spider-Jide.

lol Now now. I'm not really trying to put names to this. It's just a joke, I don't want to 'dis' (or whatever you young people call it today) anyone. Spider-Jide and Doc Ock are cool.

I don't deny that the movie has problems. But I think that some people's arguments are incredibly silly. Of all the things to complain about some people look for the smallest little detail and then rip the movie apart. They make it seem like the whole movie sucked, but then say "Well it could have been more like the comic here and here" as if stepping away from the comic takes away from the movie.

I understand if some people want a story closer to the comic. Maybe even a movie that is so close that Marvel could say "you guys can take this as an official account of what happens". That would be awesome. So awesome, it would be like a dream. It would BE a dream. In reality, it's not like that and I don't see how realistically, anyone could see it happening.

I've said it a thousand times, but I'm going to say it again. The movie is similar to a "What If?" comic book. You CAN NOT say that a certain character should have done a certain thing based on their personality, because their personality is subject to whatever Raimi wants it to be. And in all honesty, he has kept the character's emotions rather true to the comics. So if people look for reasons to complain, then they sound silly.

Okay the costumes. I think they're good enough. I would have loved to see a Spider-man costume that was made to be just like the one in the comics (ie the mask looking more like some silky cloth than rubber), but how it is in the movies looks fine. Spidey has various different costumes in the comics, one more variation won't hurt. Green goblin would have looked wicked to be more demonic and less robotic, but it's cool. doc Ock's costume was cool because anyone who doesn't like a trenchcoat has issues.

Organic webs...uh. I don't want to defend Raimi on this one but it's true that it's kind of unrealistic that these big bulky web shooters suddenly disapear when under the costume. But at the same time..who cares about realism? Spidey uses webshooters and if just by Marvel Magic alone they disapear, then I would have watched the movie and not complained.

The chocolate cake scene...This is one of the prime examples of why I made this thread. Believe it or not, people complain about this scene. I thought they were joking at first, but boy was I wrong. A complaint about this scene is as valid as my above complaint about no above ground trains being in New York.

Okay..Actors. Alfred Molina rocked the kasba..caz.cas.---He rocked the house!!! I always invisioned that kind of european/germanish accent thing that he had in the cartoon series and in the PSX game. But that's not an issue at ALL. He acted very well. He did his job, he made Ock look badass.

Harry was acted out well, as was Uncle Ben and aunt may..

I don't feel like typing anymore. Has anyone gotten the point at all? Can for one time there just not be a debate or an argument and someone somewhere read this and go "Oh. Tch. You know what? I was being a little hard on the movie with my criticism. For a super hero movie, especially based on spider-man this series is being done very well." or "It's a hell of a lot better than what James Cameron was gonna do..." or even "For all the mistakes, it got the essence of Spidey out. It was entertaining and Adventurous." If not...then ask yourself why you're even here. Why come to a board about a movie just to complain about it? Especially if you're not looking to reconsider your opinion..? You can't say the actors sucked, and the director is a blahblahblah and the characters were portrayed badly.....And then in the same breath tell people that you loved the movie. You simply can't have it both ways. If you are then you are full of something.

Please note that I'm talking -to- all of YOU. But I'm not talking ABOUT you. So try not to post some reply calling me a "hack" or whatever for telling you what you can't do.

Just for the record I love the Spider-Man movies,despite the flaws.TheVileOne knows this.He just likes to 'forget' sometimes and make a provocative remark to spark a reaction.Tsk tsk.

The pros of SM-2:

-Alfred Molina as Doc Ock
-Rosemary Harris,J.K. Simmons and James Franco having bigger and better parts in the story.
-The action scenes
-The costumes (except Kirsten Dunst's.She looked like s*** for most of the movie)

The cons:

-Too much comedy.Peter Parker was practically reduced to a walking clown of mishaps
-All about the girl again.The movie dragged in the middle with all the slow,dreary Peter/MJ 'drama'.If Ock hadn't shown up at the cafe scene I would have fallen asleep.
-MJ is nothing like the MJ of the comics.Dunst is a whiney,glorified drama queen who looked like hell for 90% of the movie.
-Spider-Man hardly spoke a word when fighting Ock.Quips,where are the infamous Spider-Man quips???
-Peter loses his powers because of the girl.Yes he does.It's all because of MJ.Not Aunt May,not Harry,not his rent problems.Just the girl.How lame.He's weak.
-Bastardizing Doc Ock.The biggest flaw of them all.A good scientist manipulated by his own invention and then turns good at the end,lets Spider-Man go and saves the city by destroying his ultimate creation.Jesus christ that is soooooooo wrong for soooooooo many reasons.

ChineseFooD said:

and

Dude....Its a movie....Movies are for entertainment, not for pointing out every single mistake you can possibly find.

You know something Spideylad? You're right. I was wrong. The movies are very cool.

(Shhh no one tell him to read the other posts...)

Doc Ock, you always try to explain (which is awesome). But that's you, some people only complain and then only make it sound like they hate the movie. "pointing out every single mistake you can possibly find." As SpideyLad put it.

I pretty much agree with your pros and cons list.

ChineseFooD said:

and

Another problem. That reactor Ock had was supposed to be a very powerful force. Why didn't it rip MJ's dress off? George Lucas was able to get some skin in Attack of the CLones with the monster ripping off some of Padme's clothes, Raimi so should have followed that example. It could have been the Slave Leia of the Spider-Man series. :D

I just thought about that today.

Doc Ock said:

LMAO... Exactly. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"