Train fight

I say they are all equal, but if I had to absoloutely say which one had the best, I'd say S-M2. However, as I said, all 3 had equally amazing fights, IMO.

I say they are all equal, but if I had to absoloutely say which one had the best, I'd say S-M2. However, as I said, all 3 had equally amazing fights, IMO.

Upon reevaluation, I think Spider-Man had some nice fight scenes, but I think the one thing it was missing was an epic aerial duel between Spider-Man and Green Goblin. There's a lot of visual potential there, with Spider-Man swinging on webs and Green Goblin on his glider, Spider-Man using his webs against Green Goblin's gadgets, et cetera.

Tbh, I wa satisfied overall with the fights in S-M1. It was so amazing to see 2 uch amazingly popular characters actually battle in a live action film.

Tbh, I wa satisfied overall with the fights in S-M1. It was so amazing to see 2 uch amazingly popular characters actually battle in a live action film.

Good point. And we did get something like that in Spider-Man 3 with the first Peter vs Harry battle.

I also love the second fight between peter and Harry. It's very up close and personal.

I also love the second fight between peter and Harry. It's very up close and personal.

Agreed. Like I said, I think that Spider-Man 3 would have been much better off if Sandman had been dropped, and maybe Venom left as a cliffhanger for Spider-Man 4.

I LOVED S-M3, but I do think that Vulture and Sandman should ahve been in it instead of Venom and Sandman. Like I said though, I love the film and I'm very satisfied. I still want a 4th one, lol.

I LOVED S-M3, but I do think that Vulture and Sandman should ahve been in it instead of Venom and Sandman. Like I said though, I love the film and I'm very satisfied. I still want a 4th one, lol.

Personally, I think it was a mistake to have three villains in the first place. I see no reason that having Vulture instead of Venom would have improved anything. And personally, I love Venom more, so I would much rather have him than Vulture.
Multiple villains can be done, but one of them has to take precedence as the main antagonist. One of Spider-Man 3's deepest problems is that the film lost all of its momentum each time it switched between the villains.

Btw, have you read the Art and Making of Spider-Man 3 book? it came out in May of 2007 and it's a great read.

Hmmm, well, I think Amazon.com may have it. It truly is a fantastic read and takes through the entire production process. All the way from right after S-M2 was released.

I remember reading a section that mentioned how the make up FX people or something started to make Vulture's wings right before they were told he was scrapped. So, I guess they may have had a prototype.

Hmmm, well, I think Amazon.com may have it. It truly is a fantastic read and takes through the entire production process. All the way from right after S-M2 was released.

I remember reading a section that mentioned how the make up FX people or something started to make Vulture's wings right before they were told he was scrapped. So, I guess they may have had a prototype.

Still, how would the film have been any better with Vulture in lieu of Venom? And also, I never hear about Harry and his role when Vulture was in the film.

^^ I think harry was destined to go after peter regardless. As I said though, I'm very satisfied with what we got overall from S-M3. It's very underrated, IMO.

^^ I think harry was destined to go after peter regardless. As I said though, I'm very satisfied with what we got overall from S-M3. It's very underrated, IMO.

I agree SM3 is underrated. I think its main problem is that it was trying to be like Spider-Man 2 when it had a lot more material to cover.
For example, I think that Sandman could have gotten the character development he needed to be truly sympathetic if he wasn't squeezed in-between Harry and Venom.
I think Harry could have been a wonderful main villain if he didn't get his ass kicked to the point of hospitalization each time he faced Peter so that Sandman could take over villain duties.

In fact, S-M3 is the most udnerrated comic book film ever, IMO.

Quite possibly. It's a far from worthless film. I just think it's hard to compliment without some reservation. For example, I think that the symbiote story is done relatively well *if you cut out the dance sequence*. Do you understand what I mean by that?

Last edited:
I understand what you mean, I just was never really nothered by the dance scene. There have been moments in the comics where SPider-Man is singing outloud while web-swinging.

I understand what you mean, I just was never really nothered by the dance scene. There have been moments in the comics where SPider-Man is singing outloud while web-swinging.

It's not that Peter's dancing that bothers me about the dance scene, it's the tone shift it causes. We're meant to be afraid of the symbiote and the way it affects Peter, not laughing at it.

Eh, it didn't really ruin anything for me. I know some people didn't like that tone shift, but it was only for a few seconds and was still affective, IMO. Especially when he hit MJ.

He's done that to MJ in the comics, tbh. The Symbiote wasn't involved, but it did happen. I think it was during the Clone Saga.

Eh, it didn't really ruin anything for me. I know some people didn't like that tone shift, but it was only for a few seconds and was still affective, IMO. Especially when he hit MJ.

He's done that to MJ in the comics, tbh. The Symbiote wasn't involved, but it did happen. I think it was during the Clone Saga.

I was talking about the first dance sequence. Also, I think that Peter's crisis of conscience comes a bit too late, as by that point he had already attempted to murder two people (and he didn't know they survived).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"