Arrow Producer CONFIRMS "Arrow" Is NOT Connected To The Films

Says the guy who is getting upset about Ra's being an arrow villain.

Yeah, what a shock someone wouldn't want Green Arrow to be just a Batman proxy and thinks Ra's has importance to the Batman mythos. :whatever:

Yeah, what a shock someone wouldn't want Green Arrow to be just a Batman proxy and thinks Ra's has importance to the Batman mythos. :whatever:

I'd say over 90% of the people who watch this are not familiar with the history of batman/Ra's and in general comic books. It's a great show which a lot of people love and its being labeled as the best superhero show ever and I don't disagree.

But you'll never please all the comic book fans and so it's best to adhere to the main audience.

Personally im tired and bored of batman being force fed down our throats. You introduce batman and then there's no need for any other hero because batman > everyone else when it comes to comic books.

There is no need for Batman in this show. And even if there was, there is no way in hell the studio would ever let him appear. They are very stingy about letting the Batfamily be used.

Those holding out hope for Batman showing up are just going to be disappointed. So just accept Arrow for what it is and enjoy the ride.

I'd say over 90% of the people who watch this are not familiar with the history of batman/Ra's and in general comic books. It's a great show which a lot of people love and its being labeled as the best superhero show ever and I don't disagree.

But you'll never please all the comic book fans and so it's best to adhere to the main audience.

That's simply false. Ra's was a major villain played by Liam Neeson in Nolan's Batman trilogy (appeared in two films), which was the biggest superhero franchise so far. He was also a huge part of Arkham City. The general public knows of him by now. But even if we assume they don't, it is still disserving to use a major Batman villain like that. It would still come off as a Batman proxy.

Personally im tired and bored of batman being force fed down our throats. You introduce batman and then there's no need for any other hero because batman > everyone else when it comes to comic books.

That's really not a fair case. No one was asking for Batman back in Season 1 when there was no Ra's. It was only until now. You can't just bring in someone like Ra's and then complain people want to see Batman (or a reference to Batman). What a surprise they do :whatever:.

Because they brought Ra's in, any reference or connection to Batman in the show will automatically be natural as opposed to "force fed down our throats". That's kinda the hole the show dug for itself.

There is no need for Batman in this show. And even if there was, there is no way in hell the studio would ever let him appear. They are very stingy about letting the Batfamily be used.

Those holding out hope for Batman showing up are just going to be disappointed. So just accept Arrow for what it is and enjoy the ride.

Not really. Chances are likely for Nightwing to appear. I think it was confirmed, but I don't know that for sure.

Plus, they used Ra's. If they can use Ra's, they can use almost anyone from Batman.

Not really. Chances are likely for Nightwing to appear. I think it was confirmed, but I don't know that for sure.

Plus, they used Ra's. If they can use Ra's, they can use almost anyone from Batman.

Since you're against the whole rehash thing how about:

Bruce Wayne as travelled all over the world learning his craft but hasn't found a purpose, until he reads about this vigilante in starling and uses his detective skills ( sorely missed in the Nolan films ) to find out who he is.

Then he confronts Oliver and asks him to train him further in the hope of also finding his purpose. Then one day they both go out on a mission and oliver kills the villain which ticks of Bruce who argues that he should be an example to the people and shouldn't kill.

They have an argument and oliver points out that his fighting a war and there will be casualties, Bruce disagrees and leaves to look for his purpose elsewhere and along the way he is recruited into the LOA.

Once there Ra's reveals his plan to level starlin and Gotham to the ground and Bruce decides to stop him thus finding his purpose, protecting Gotham.

Since you're against the whole rehash thing how about:

Bruce Wayne as travelled all over the world learning his craft but hasn't found a purpose, until he reads about this vigilante in starling and uses his detective skills ( sorely missed in the Nolan films ) to find out who he is.

Then he confronts Oliver and asks him to train him further in the hope of also finding his purpose. Then one day they both go out on a mission and oliver kills the villain which ticks of Bruce who argues that he should be an example to the people and shouldn't kill.

They have an argument and oliver points out that his fighting a war and there will be casualties, Bruce disagrees and leaves to look for his purpose elsewhere and along the way he is recruited into the LOA.

Once there Ra's reveals his plan to level starlin and Gotham to the ground and Bruce decides to stop him thus finding his purpose, protecting Gotham.

That's an interesting idea, but since Ra's is already a somewhat known presence and his daughter that would be younger than Talia appears to be in her late 20's to early 30's, I think Batman should already be established.

@DrRocket That would be kinda cool, but they probably won't do that. Especially not with Ollie training Roy. Plus, Oliver doesn't kill anymore so that specific that wouldn't work in context.

Not since the Nolan Trilogy. Though I wouldn't want Bats to take over this show or the Flash spin off.

If they put Batman in the show, he's going to take over. Keeping him in the background is as likely as an X-Men film without Wolverine. That is why I hope they do not introduce the Bat-family, since the show is not part of the film verse.

Not if Ra's is the show's final big bad in Season 5. If you bring him in the finale, there will be no show for him to take over after that.

Oh, it might last six or seven, but by then we might have gone through a couple more Bats movies.

@DrRocket That would be kinda cool, but they probably won't do that. Especially not with Ollie training Roy. Plus, Oliver doesn't kill anymore so that specific that wouldn't work in context.

True but I wouldn't mind batman in the show as long as he didn't over shadow oliver, maybe down grade him a bit or make him a rookie.

If the Flash tv show is a success, they just might connect the film to tv universe and i would love for that to happen. As long as doing so doesn't limit what the creators can do on Arrow.

Flash will be a success for the CW, but that means nothing for WB.

2-3 mill viewers is a success for The CW. The bar is quite low.

I want it connected more than ever now.

This deserves its own thread to set the record straight and discuss this decision. Here we go:

“We haven't had any of those conversations other than to say, what characters are we allowed to use this year and advocate or request certain ones that are of interest to us. And every now and then, they'll say, 'You can't have that guy.' They don't say why, and we figure out why later on.”

This isn't confirmation :huh: Misleading title

Mods- change the title of this thread, there is no confirmation

If the Flash tv show is a success, they just might connect the film to tv universe and i would love for that to happen. As long as doing so doesn't limit what the creators can do on Arrow.

its never gonna happen, what kind of success can The Flash have on a CW network:whatever:. The highest viewership it can get is a modest 3 million.

DC TV and Film are separate, thats the REALITY.

Yeah i used to think that there was a chance that the universes would merge, but I don't think that's the case anymore.I think Arrow and Flash are going to stay separate, but I think they're going to keep expanding that world. Don't be surprised if we start seeing other major JL members popping up. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a J'onn J'onnz series in the works called "Manhunter" or even an Aquaman series.

The Arrowverse can even have their own version of the Justice League. You don't need the Trinity. All these characters could realistically show up and team up at some point:

Arrow
J'onn J'onzz
Black Canary
The Flash
Aquaman
Zatanna

Sad DC/Warner refuses to use Arrow in a theatrical universe. Even if it's just a cameo or mention on the show or in a movie.

Yeah i used to think that there was a chance that the universes would merge, but I don't think that's the case anymore.I think Arrow and Flash are going to stay separate, but I think they're going to keep expanding that world. Don't be surprised if we start seeing other major JL members popping up. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a J'onn J'onnz series in the works called "Manhunter" or even an Aquaman series.

The Arrowverse can even have their own version of the Justice League. You don't need the Trinity. All these characters could realistically show up and team up at some point:

Arrow
J'onn J'onzz
Black Canary
The Flash
Aquaman
Zatanna

I agree. You could create a group called "Justice Society" (just like JSA) comprised of:

Green Arrow
The Flash
Black Canary
The Huntress
Red Arrow

You already have your "Big 5" established on Arrow. Introduce Nightwing or Aquaman or Martian Manhunter and it's seriously legit.

I would love for them to have Dr.Mid-Nite appear.

I say they should just continue on with their own Tv-DC-verse. Would be cool to have Batman exist in the same world. With hints at superman. If they aren't going to connect the shows to the movies, then I don't see the point of not using some of the bigger characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"