Psych

"Are you playing with the toys?!" And just like that, our favorite USA comedy -- featuring our favorite psychic crime-solving duo -- is back for another action-packed season.

And if you weren't one of the lucky 500 fans who snagged a spot in "Psych's" Fan Appreciation Day event in New York City, don't worry because we have an exclusive sneak peek of the Season 6 premiere, "Shawn Rescues Darth Vadar." And from what we can see, it already looks pretty awesome.

Here's what you can expect from the Oct. 12 premiere: While on a mission to retrieve a stolen Darth Vader collector's item from the British Ambassador's son at the British Consulate Residence in Santa Barbara, Shawn (James Roday) finds a dead body left in one of the rooms. In order to get SBPD on the case to find the killer, Shawn tells Lassiter (Tim Omundson) and Juliet (Maggie Lawson) that the image of a dead body at the British Consulate Residence came to him in a psychic vision. However, Shawn's credibility as a "psychic" could be placed in jeopardy if SBPD finds out he actually witnessed the dead body in person and didn't "divine" the image of her murder. Uh oh. Hopefully, The Force is on Shawn's side.

The crazy new season of "Psych" kicks off Wednesday, Oct. 12 at 10PM ET on USA

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/03/psych-exclusive-season-6-_n_992794.html

Do we know if Cary Elwes is returning for a 3rd time. His episodes are my favorites.

Cary Elwes' Despereaux is one of the best Nemesis... nemesises... nemesi of Shawn's ever.

He's such a fantastic character.

Last edited:
I actually used "I've heard it both ways" in a conversation the other day. I hadn't, but it just fit so well.

I keep hoping I'll remember "don't be the American adaptation of the British _______" someday when it's perfectly applicable to the conversation at hand. Hasn't happened yet, but I remain hopeful.

I actually used "I've heard it both ways" in a conversation the other day. I hadn't, but it just fit so well.

It works well with people who like to correct others. If you accidentally use the wrong word or phrase, you can say it to cover yourself.

Unless they're like Gus and know you well enough to be like, "No, you haven't." :D

Has anyone seen these before?

Simple Mind's Don't You Forget About Me Promo

Ebony And Ivory

Season 6 Tease

and

Guest Stars

Yep. They're all awesome. The "Ebony & Ivory" one was my favorite, but I think that was before season 4 or 5.

I love those 80s Parody music videos. They should do more of these and oh yeah, I think this is an old promo but is still awesome :)

For those of us who don't have the DVD's, Season 5 is up on Netflix. :up:

Season 6 started tonight, and it was a fantastic premiere! Where is the love, people?

I wonder if this episode was a sign of Shawn soon being caught that he's a fake.

There were a couple parts that made me go, "Oh, snap." Especially the polygraph scene. Loved the ending though.

And was it jsut me, or did this premiere have the best cinematography this show has had yet? It just looked so much better than usual. The colors were richer.

GREAT episode made even better by the Psych-Out.

Last edited:
I don't think I've seen every episode of the last season, but I'm looking forward to checking out the season six premiere..

It's one of my favorite shows, but I really need to catch up.. :(

I knew Shawn would beat the lie detector. I had a feeling Gus would ask him about it later and he'd be like, "Dude, I learned to beat lie detectors in 7th grade." Granted, they did it with a flashback instead, but still.

The episode was a good start to the season, but it wasn't one of the best. The Psych-Out, however, was hilarious. "SCOT-LAND!" :lmao:

I can watch a show just of their Psych-outs. Too awesome.

I literally couldn't breathe because I was laughing so hard at this week's. I don't know if Roday is really that terrible at accents, but it made for a very funny Psych-Out. :D

This show has gotten a bit geekier now that Lassiter commands the Red Lion of Voltron.

[YT]1g6QJ5TfA7w[/YT]

I knew Shawn would beat the lie detector. I had a feeling Gus would ask him about it later and he'd be like, "Dude, I learned to beat lie detectors in 7th grade." Granted, they did it with a flashback instead, but still.

The episode was a good start to the season, but it wasn't one of the best. The Psych-Out, however, was hilarious. "SCOT-LAND!" :lmao:

Yeah, I was waiting for an explanation too, but the flashback was pure brilliance on the part of the writers. I also really liked the Lassie lie detector scene, great moment for both characters.

As for the Psych-Out....it may very well be the best one in the show's run.

The Squirrel said:
You can see him in the "guest stars" trailer for the new season.

It is worth noting that the return of Pierre Despereaux/Elwes will also be a Raiders of the Lost Arc themed episode. How could it get any better? :woot:

This show has gotten a bit geekier now that Lassiter commands the Red Lion of Voltron.

[YT]1g6QJ5TfA7w[/YT]

Whaaat. That's amazing, he really is a great actor.

Gus telling the kid to "Get the hell out of my car." had me rolling. Great episode, so glad to see Psych back on the air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"