Q & A w/Louis Leterrier & Suggestions Box

I think that the Ultimate Hulk vs Ultimate Abomination fight in the comic should be in the film when Hulk rips Abomination's arms off then punches him right through his skull. We all think that Abomination is dead but in a Hulk 3 the Leader is introduced and he got what was left of Abomination put him back together and had some device on him which puts the Abomination under the Leader's control. Abomination causes mayhem and then Hulk abd Abomination both meet again and Hulk attacks him and breaks the device, and Abomination is back to his old self and then there is a big showdown with Hulk,Leader and Abomination.

Me i just want to see Hulk crash into a house and save them from Abomination. they go to thank him and he just call them "Puny Humans". He just jump off and the camera is showing how everything else is destroyed but them.

Then a surface to air missile just rips into HULK. A missile that'd finished off the family.

If you start hitting people with scenes like that you'll really capture the attention of the audiences of the live action Hulk.

Someone was talking about Hulk waking up a dormant volcano, it would be cool if Abomination throws Hulk into the volcano causing a large hole to form which has lava going towards a city with a lot of people. Hulk emerges b jumping out of the top of the volcano, you see that the lava hasn't hurt him at all. Hulk then stuns Abomination for a short while, and uses that time to cover up the hole in the volcano so that the lava doesn't go towards the city and harm people.

^hey that was my idea BTW!lol
It was actually in the comics when Hulk slammed the ground so hard that an island volcano just a few miles away awoke at the tremors caused by Hulk.
I would love a scene like that, except they'll have to think of a way how Hulk's pants dont get burned from the lava otherwise we'll see a butt-naked Hulk!LOL.............................

Hey guys it looks like the real Q & A w/Louis will be sometime before XMAS. That's a target and not a guarantee but there will be another one. I'm assuming that means we'll have plenty of news between now and then...hopefully casting...so we'll have more to talk about for sure.

havent been by here in a while but they only announced the date so far, and its June again!!!

Hulk tears an island from the ocean floor and then he swims with the island held above his head...!

http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Island-RH18a.jpg

http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Island-RH18b.jpg

http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Island-RH18c.jpg

That would be an amazing scene in the new movie.

Also I would like to see Hulk more in the daylight than in the dark. Espically when he's fighting Abomination. As in Hulk 1 his fights with the dogs and his dad are in the dark.

Hey everyone,

New to the Boards here. It's great to see folks as excited about the new Hulk project as I am. On the suggestion end of things....and I apologize if this suggestion has already been made, I wonder if anyone had considered Dylan Walsh from Nip/Tuck for the role of Banner. He certainly seems that he could delve into the emotional conflict that Banner deals with and has the look as well. He's been a favorite pick of mine for the role for sometime now.

Welcome to the HYPE! Always nice to have another HULK fan.

My thoughts on how a Hulk film should be approached:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33980

Please, Leterrier. Make a faithful movie. We all know there were some questionable parts in the first that overextended it. We all know that the dogs didn't go well with the audience. But all I'm asking of this film is to be a great sequel. Screw the restart idea. I want to be able to step into this movie and enjoy the entire film from beginning to end. The first Hulk film was good. Bad word of mouth was what killed it in the long run, and for some valid reasons. I think this is a great opportunity to continue proving people wrong about the Hulk's real depth while giving us a good action-packed film.

We don't need an origin story, so a huge part of the film is freed up for character development in a more engaging sense, action in a way that's not mindless, and what have you. But make sure each part is quintessential to the film. We've seen what dramatic change did for the Superman films. We've seen what dramatic change has done for the Batman films. Superman IV and Batman & Robin were bad films because they took a nonsensical camp approach to serious material. We fans are just asking you don't make the change of mood so dramatic in the film.

I personally think some comic book elements would fit in great. The Abomination is a great first step. The Grey Hulk is something to consider for this film and a hopeful third. Perhaps The Leader could make an appearance. Other elements will probably sink like stone. I don't think I need to get into what half of them are. But, overall, just make a great film. Don't jam-pack it with fanboy winks. We're not asking for a reinvention of the wheel. All we ask is that the predecessor be respected with room for a great new vision for the sequel.

CatholicPriestHulk.jpg

You see? Even the Hulk is hoping this film is spectacular. I am too, and I'm looking forward to seeing the green giant pictured above back in the theatres in due time.

Best wishes,
David-Alexander Cabrera (ChibiKiriyama)

i think dylan walsh is actually a very good choice for the role, or am i being crazy, i can see him as banner very easily, but i'm not sure he's big enough, i know eric bana wasn't big at the time of hulk but i don't think they'll be going for an unknown this time round, but that's up to louis and the guys i guess. i'm sorry, but this movie should definitely be a reboot with a brand new origin story, no artistic flourishes please, i'm all for interesting camera angles, but plants sprouting up from the bottom of the screen i can do without. NO split screens for the love of GOD. and here's an idea, LIGHT, i'm actually kinda interested in SEEing what i'm looking at, plus, is it ok to PM louis?

Ok I just got a message from Louis and hopefully he'll ellaborate on this post before the holidays but if not he will be back here on SHH soon after. Expect a real Q & A in January. I'll leave the rest to Louis as I hope he'll follow up this message. Either way...It's gonna be a fun one...I know it... :)

I personaly think Dominik Purcell is way too big physically to play weakling Banner. So mon ami Louis, here is who I think should play Bruce Banner if Bana is out:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0786136/

Excellent indie actor Mathew Settle. He looks like the character from the comic and he could play weak, dark whatever you want him to be. I saw the movie "Attraction" he played with Gretchen Mol a sort of sexy thriller and he would great in it. When I saw it I imidiatly thought that this guy was something special and this would be the kind-of progect to sned him to the stratosphere. I think he has that laid-back quality a la Bill Bixby that would fit the role more than super-action hunk Bana, in fact.

Louis, The Hulk in the 60s & 70s wasn't always bigger than the villiain. It was his strength that got stonger that made him able to beat the bigger guy. If he's bigger than everybody you lose the whole idea of "the madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets"!

Its his RAGE not his size!!!!!!!!!!

Norm3 said:
Louis, The Hulk in the 60s & 70s wasn't always bigger than the villiain. It was his strength that got stonger that made him able to beat the bigger guy. If he's bigger than everybody you lose the whole idea of "the madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets"!

Its his RAGE not his size!!!!!!!!!!

I think the reason he kept getting bigger in the Ang Lee film was that the transformation was created via nano-tech, instead of just gamma rays. And these things change and evolve constently. So every time he kept getting hit, the nano-tech would compensate, trying to "fix" the impact and went into overdrive. Just look at the first time he changes and when he gets hit in the chest: instead of the blows just rebounding like in the comic, it creats a hole, then reform. But being nano-tech robots, it's all connected so the whole body go nuts. That's why the monster seemed to be in constent spasms.

I so wish it would have just a gamma bomb. It's such a great visual. And it could have made sens too with some imagination. For instance, I've seen an episode of the defunct FOX series Millenium" where there was a conspiracy of sort that was set in the cold war. And a creature was born out of a man trying to creat the perfect atom bomb, containing the radiation and so forth. The way they explained it was so brilliant and I thought about Hulk that very moment and how it could be a great updating for the present. I won't say too much because I want to use the idea if I ever work on a Hulk comic, one day. :cwink:

As the film will be similar to the TV Show I have a few ideas.

In the TV Show Bruce is wanted for a crime he didn't commit. This can be shown in the film from the Abomination. Abomination kills somebody, the army find out that Bruce is still alive and they think the Abomination is Bruce. This could lead to a big Hulk vs Abomination vs Army battle.

Another thing I like is Bruce being on the run and trying to find a cure and never accomplishing. Also Bruce didn't want to be the Hulk because he thought that he would harm somebody etc... that should be in the film.

Another thing I'd like to see is how hard Bruce tries to get rid of the Hulk, Hulk will always be there. There was a scene from the Death In The Family Episode I think when there is a scene of Bruce's mind/dream. Bruce is in a desert with a big metal container infront of him. Bruce is smiling and looking at the container(Hulk is in the container). Bruce thinks he has won but Hulk starts to punching the container and it gets several dents, finally Hulk breaks down the door of the container and Bruce starts running and Hulk runs after him. This could lead to a transformation. Bruce is getting angry but doesn't want to become the Hulk but Hulk wins control.

Where or where or where is Louis? Where can Louis be??? Man the crickets are even silent right now when it comes to The Hulk. :) Hopefully something will come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"