Q & A w/Louis Leterrier: Round 2

Maybe he can use the fake name "David Krenzler." :yay:

Where did you hear the David thing?

I read it with one of the script reviews. Can't remember which site it was from but they said that Banner's full name in the movie is going to be "David Bruce Banner" not "Robert Bruce Banner" however he will be called "Bruce Banner" throughout the film.

They might have changed this though as LL said changes had been made.

Who knows!

They might have changed this though as LL said changes had been made.

Who knows!

Exactly, whenever a director/produser says something like "changes have been made" I take that with a grain of salt. If it's already been shot, chances are it's got a good chance to be in the final cut of the film. Unless screening audiences hate it.

Exactly, whenever a director/produser says something like "changes have been made" I take that with a grain of salt. If it's already been shot, chances are it's got a good chance to be in the final cut of the film. Unless screening audiences hate it.

I was referring to the changes that had been made to the script.

After the First Draft was leaked online, Leterrier messaged AD and told him that the script that had been leaked was six months old and changes had been made to it for the better.

I was referring to the changes that had been made to the script.

After the First Draft was leaked online, Leterrier messaged AD and told him that the script that had been leaked was six months old and changes had been made to it for the better.
The core of the script is still the movie.

Are any of these questions ever going to get looked at by LT and if so are we going to get the answers just as we are about to see the movie?

Are any of these questions ever going to get looked at by LT and if so are we going to get the answers just as we are about to see the movie?
I was wondering the same thing.

The Q&A with LL was done a long time ago. Before casting was even done, just after LL was announced as director. So any new questions I doubt would be answered.

This question is for any guys on here in the "know" like AD or EB,whoever.

Are the elements of the super soldier serum still present in the latest script?After reading the first version months ago,it seemed that it played a big part or at least a significant one in Hulk's origin.If they kept it,that's so friggin' cool if they did.

Every comic book film has had the character changed, storyline's changed, etc...Look at Spider-Man with Mary Jane & Gwen being switched, look at the liberties Raimi took with Sandman, look at Blade, look at what they did with Daredevil and Kingpin, look at the X-Men that everyone praises and what Singer did with his writers. Tim Burton's and Nolan's Batman's didn't 100% respect the origins in the comics. Things were changed...greatly yet the movies were great.

The movie Universe will never be exactly the same. You can either get all worked up over it and complain...or you can accept it and weight the positives against the negatives and enjoy the damn film....instead of complaining about a work in progress draft you heard about or possibly read.

Totally agree. As long as the 'spirit' of the comics is there, we can't expect a literal, word-for-word, frame-by-frame translation.

I threw my popcorn bucket at the theater screen at the end of X3. Thats how bad it was. And why did they have boney Vinnie doing a huge guy like Juggs? Not only that, why the f*** was he a mutant? :down:

The Juggernaut (Cain Marko) is a comic book supervillain from the Marvel Comics universe and he first appeared X-Men #12 (July 1965). Juggernaut is the step-brother and childhood bully of X-Men founder Charles Xavier. His hometown is Berkeley, CA. Unlike Xavier, Marko is not a mutant. Cain was sent to a military boarding school due to his lack of discipline and later served in the U.S. Army. While serving together in the Korean War, Cain and Charles stumbled onto the ancient temple of Cyttorak, lost for centuries. On an altar Cain saw a huge red gem, the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, and immediately grabbed it. Upon the gem was an inscription, and he read it aloud: "Whosoever touches this gem shall be granted the power of the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak! Henceforth, you who read these words, shall become ... forevermore ... a human juggernaut!".The cavern collapsed. Charles was able to escape, but it took Cain years to dig himself out as he underwent the transformation. Cain seethed with rage at his stepbrother and, after finally emerging from the mountains he was buried under, set out to hurt Charles as much as possible.

Guys, girls, or whatever you are, take a chill pill. It made sense for Juggs to be a mutant in a movie franchise about the conflict between human and mutant. Introducing mystical gems and magical incantations would have thrown it right off course. Making Juggernaut a mutant was 100 per cent the right decision. And introducing complex intertwining backstories between characters, so that they are related, wouldn't work - this isn't some crappy American soap opera like Sunset Beach or whatever. So not devoting huge amounts of time to the link between Xavier and Juggs was also 100 per cent the right decision. We never got to know about the family link between Nightcrawler and Mystique, Mystique and Rogue, or the romantic link between Wolverine and Deathstrike, or the backstory between Wolverine and Sabretooth (it's only now, in the spin-off that it's being explored). We never found out about Magneto's children (Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Polaris), about Siryn (the screaming girl in X2) having Banshee as a father, about Cyclops having brothers (Havok, Vulcan), and so on. So quit whining.

This question is for any guys on here in the "know" like AD or EB,whoever.

Are the elements of the super soldier serum still present in the latest script?After reading the first version months ago,it seemed that it played a big part or at least a significant one in Hulk's origin.If they kept it,that's so friggin' cool if they did.

anyone??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"