The Dark Knight Ras VS Joker VS Two-Face VS Scarecrow

GregComicFan

movie and comic buff
Reaction score
I don't ever remember reading a thread like this. Hopefully, I'm right...

JOKER VS RAS AL GHUL VS SCARECROW VS TWO-FACE!

Okay imagine Nolan made a Batman movie (in the same style, tone, realism, etc.) but the plot somehow involved these four villains all pitted against each other... perhaps all after the same goal... or all after "ownership" of Gotham, using their own methods, or all seeking revenge against each other... or something in which they were all competing rivals...

Who would win?

Okay, now before EVERYBODY jumps on the "Joker would win" bandwagon, let's consider some traits of each villain...

Ras Al Ghul:
-The Best Fighter
-Commands an army of stealthy ninjas who are well-trained and very very loyal to him.
-Knows Batman is Bruce Wayne (something Joker tried to figure out in TDK and failed to do)... could use Batman as a pawn through blackmail.
-More international, can deploy logistics from other countries world-wide, probably has more connections with other evil dictators around the world.

Joker:
-Not much needs to be said... everyone knows he's cunning, intelligent, crafty, completely unpredictable, able to provoke the worst emotions in people, drive good people to make whacky choices, gets personal and kills your loved ones and then laughs about it... and he too has henchmen but they're all unstable, nutcases, and he's not loyal to them at all, so they may flee or revolt against him if he got stuck in a bad position.

Two-Face: (lets assume Dent survived TDK and the citizens of Gotham don't know he killed the 5 people... he just goes back to being DA, but he's Two-Face now also, like underground/secretly, with Dent still in public eye)...
-He's Gotham's white knight and the Gotham citizens don't know the evil deeds he's committed, so he can use his good standing with citizens and public officials to his advantage if he was after some evil goal and competing with the three other villains. Technically then, Dent could deploy police resources, the mayor on his side, etc.
-Then as Two-Face he would have his own henchmen.
-But other than that, Dent has no fighting ability besides using a gun, and he's definitely not as smart as Ras or Joker, and easily manipulated, and seems to let chance and his emotions rule his every decision.

Scarecrow:
-Smart, good with chemicals, can't fight AT ALL, and if he does manage to spray you with his fear toxin you could die eventually from its effects.
-I don't know what other positive points he has... :(

okay, so who would win?

Remember, this brawl is between the Nolan-version of the villains. So you can't say, for example, "Oh Ras would win because he's immortal and can be revived with Lazarus Pits" because they don't exit in the Nolanverse.

My opinion:

Scarecrow is taken out easily by any of the other three.
Two-Face goes down next, but puts up a quick but valiant effort.

I think Ras and Joker would actually duke it out for quite a while before a victor was announced. I think they'd be even matches, but Joker's unpredictability always gives him an upper-hand.

Joker wins.

Ras wins due to his ninja army tbh. :p

I think Two-Face would go down first. He has no fancy weapons or vast amounts of cash and can't just disappear into the underworld so he could be easily assassinated if the others were of a mind to do it. Scarecrow would fall shortly thereafter.

In a battle between Ra's and the Joker I'd say Ra's would win 8 out of 10 times, just because of his skill, discipline, and connections. The Joker would only occasionally get lucky. Oh, but I would love to see a showdown between Joker and Ra's. I bet they'd loathe one another. :grin:

Thats cool to see Ras winning. I thought everyone would vote Joker for sure.

I should add a poll.

If it was down to just physical fights then yeah Ras would. I mean Joker didn't fight fair at all in the movie and the only thing he has up his sleeve is knives, and those wouldn't work againts a martial master.

If it was down to just physical fights then yeah Ras would. I mean Joker didn't fight fair at all in the movie and the only thing he has up his sleeve is knives, and those wouldn't work againts a martial master.

And it was Joker and all his goons vs Batman. If Joker were to take on Ras he'd have to fight his whole ninja army, and Ras wouldn't be as honorable as Batman and spare Joker's life if he had the chance.

Yeah its funny... Joker gets way more credit as being a much much cooler villain than Ras (at least in the Nolanverse)... yet I do believe Ras would probably beat Joker... or at least has an excellent chance... so its weird how the "more powerful villain", in this case, is not the most popular one.

That's like Darth Maul being cooler than Darth Vadar, in a way.

I think Two-Face would have a better chance than you seem to think. Joker believes in theatrics, drawing out a kill.
In some ways Dent is even more ruthless, he'll shoot you. Just like that. He may not be a ninja, but a bullet through the head is a bullet through the head.
But if Ras met Joker, man, that would be crazy. I can barely imagine that confrontation.

Are we to assume that Bruce Wayne is in a coma or something?

Joker wins b/cuz of suicide bombers, and his ability to control the masses through threats

if Joker fought Ra's, he'd probably have Talia hidden away somewhere as insurance. don't give up on joker for the traits he doesn't possess, he'll always have something up his sleeve

I think Two-Face would have a better chance than you seem to think. Joker believes in theatrics, drawing out a kill.
In some ways Dent is even more ruthless, he'll shoot you. Just like that. He may not be a ninja, but a bullet through the head is a bullet through the head.
But if Ras met Joker, man, that would be crazy. I can barely imagine that confrontation.

Two-Face is nuts. He shot Batman in the chest even though he surely knew he wore armor, and he flipped his coin on himself before he had a chance to exact revenge on Gordon by shooting his son (maybe he would've shot Jimmy Gordon before himself but I'm not sure). He didn't even have some clever escape plan. I really think he'd be easy pickings for the other supervillains.

Not The Joker though. It's been established in the comics that Two-Face is pretty much the only villain who is not afraid of him. What's to stop him from shooting that loon whilst he's yapping away?
That's why I'm saying you shouldn't count Two-Face out, because he's so ruthless he would just shoot you without any dramatics or ninja-antics.

Ra's is a master of masters, but Joker can bomb a boat and a hospital without being noticed.

In any case, Scarecrow loses. I mean, any girl with a tazer can beat him. :D

Yeah its unfortunate... in the Nolanverse Scarecrow is a pretty weak villain when compared to the others. He'd lose quickly.

Not The Joker though. It's been established in the comics that Two-Face is pretty much the only villain who is not afraid of him. What's to stop him from shooting that loon whilst he's yapping away?
That's why I'm saying you shouldn't count Two-Face out, because he's so ruthless he would just shoot you without any dramatics or ninja-antics.

shooting people quickly doesen't make him any more "ruthless" than the others, only less imaginative. Your really think Nolan's Joker would "yap away" if he had the slightest suspicion that Harvey was armed?

haha, i just realized the only reason Two-Face even had a gun in TDK was because the Joker gave him one :hoboj:

I really think the joker would win, he has no weakness in a sense. Ras has morals and believes in justice etc and has a goal, well we all saw where that took batman, the only thing is joker would have to always have a back-up plan.

Two-face would get destroyed I think pretty fast, he's not really a super villain per-say.

Scarecrow has a lot of possibility but lack of execution imo.

I really think the joker would win, he has no weakness in a sense. Ras has morals and believes in justice etc and has a goal, well we all saw where that took batman, the only thing is joker would have to always have a back-up plan.

But Batman alone could have killed Joker a couple of times. Imagine what Batman with a ninja army and no scruples could do.

Two-face would get destroyed I think pretty fast, he's not really a super villain per-say.

Scarecrow has a lot of possibility but lack of execution imo.

Agreed.

If anyone would win, it's Ra's. Unlike Batman he would have destroyed the Joker the first chance he got. The kamikaze tactics of the clown just won't work with him. For example, during the truck chase scene, when the Joker was yelling to Batman to run him over and thus freaked him out... that just won't work with Ra's. He'll kill him without a flinch.
Two-Face is ruthless, but is way too dependable on his coin and besides even a random League of Shadows ninja-goon #3 can take him down as far as fighting skills go.
The Scarecrow has a formidable weapon, but mentally, he's just a tool.

This is easy for me, Ra's would win. I just think over all he causes chaos all over the world and leader of a terrorist organization that is far reaching in a massive scope. He is just as manipulative at playing games of the mind. And he is a skilled fighter, he taught Batman for cryin out loud. If Batman didn't have that moral code the Joker threat would have ended quickly. So Ra's wins hands down. Scarecrow and Two Face are not even in this discussion in relation to those two.

It'd come down to Ra's and The Joker for me. Sure, Ra's has an army, but as unpredictable as The Joker is, he'd make it incredibly hard to win that easily.

In one-on-one, hand-to-hand combat though? Ra's, all the way.

Yeah, Ra's is evil but still an idealist and Joker know how to handle those.

Yeah, Ra's is evil but still an idealist and Joker know how to handle those.

But Ras's ideals can't easily be turned against him. He believes in justice at all costs and to hell with anyone who gets in the way. He wouldn't hesitate to kill Joker if he has the chance and wouldn't blink an eye if Joker threatened to murder innocent civilians or Ras's own ninjas. The only real weakness Ras might have is his daughter Talia and I'm not sure she exists in the Nolanverse.

Continuing from what Rachel said: Virtually, it would be like pitting Rorschach against The Joker. There'd be hell on Earth.

But Ras's ideals can't easily be turned against him. He believes in justice at all costs and to hell with anyone who gets in the way. He wouldn't hesitate to kill Joker if he has the chance and wouldn't blink an eye if Joker threatened to murder innocent civilians or Ras's own ninjas.

What you're saying basically is that Joker couldn't fight Ra's the way he fought Batman. I guess he should try another approach for a different contender.

The only real weakness Ras might have is his daughter Talia and I'm not sure she exists in the Nolanverse.

Still, as long as a person cares for anything (other people, ideals), Joker will find the way to use that against him.

What you're saying basically is that Joker couldn't fight Ra's the way he fought Batman. I guess he should try another approach for a different contender.

But what approach would work against Ras? Joker's only hope is to ambush him somehow. Maybe he could pay one or more of the ninjas to turn on him?

Still, as long as a person cares for anything (other people, ideals), Joker will find the way to use that against him.

Assuming Talia even exists and Ras cares about her more than his theory of justice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"